Glock Teaser

pops572

I like m dads Shield about as much as any polymer pistol when it comes to the trigger :shrug: 

I do want a smaller semi auto and the Glock is coming out at a perfect time for me, but I don't see the benefit over the 26 personally from the pics so far. Maybe having one in hand will change my tune, but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

:shrug:

I do want a smaller semi auto and the Glock is coming out at a perfect time for me, but I don't see the benefit over the 26 personally from the pics so far. Maybe having one in hand will change my tune, but I doubt it. 

Agreed.

If the G43 is too big for pocket carry (which I believe it is because the G42 is pushing it), what's the point?

That has been my issue with the G26/27 all along.  People buy them and then, most of the time, end up carrying them on a belt.  They may as well have bought a G19/23 if that was going to be the end result.

If you're going to "belt carry," pretty much anywhere you can conceal a G26/27, you can conceal a G19/23.

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 3

To me the magazine release button looks bigger than the magazine release button on the regular Gen 3 guns. Is this correct ? If so then that sucks to me. I had a Gen 4 gun and those huge magazine buttons were one of the reasons I got rid of the Gen 4 .

Anyone know if the mag button is bigger than Gen 3 ?

Edited by tercel89

To me the magazine release button looks bigger than the magazine release button on the regular Gen 3 guns. Is this correct ? If so then that sucks to me. I had a Gen 4 gun and those huge magazine buttons were one of the reasons I got rid of the Gen 4 .

Anyone know if the mag button is bigger than Gen 3 ?

The mag release on the G42 is a Gen 4. I just compared my 42 to my Gen 4 G23

The mag release on the G42 is a Gen 4. I just compared my 42 to my Gen 4 G23

Thanks for doing that. I guess I'll just have to see one and handle it in person when the 43's make it to the stores. Then wait to see if any bugs pop up in them .

I can read, Mikey :). Those are first runs of a closely guarded secret. It's a product specifically for the US market.

My understanding was the G42s had to be built in the US due to import restrictions on non-external safety 380s. Same reason the Glock 380 has been around for years but to LE only in the states. Can anyone confirm if the 43 will be US, Austria, or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding was the G42s had to be built in the US due to import restrictions on non-external safety 380s. Same reason the Glock 380 has been around for years but to LE only in the states. Can anyone confirm if the 43 will be US, Austria, or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaston knows. You want his phone number? :)

The G43 is to a Kahr PM/CM9 what the G42 is to an LCP. Pointless.

But what's that got to do with whether or not it will sell? We have probably all bought that totally unnecessary gun at one time or another.

And in the spirit of true confession, I know I have...several times.

The recoil from shooting a LCP is way harsher than shooting a G42.
Not even close.

I agree. I got rid of two LCPs for that reason. I carried a Glock26 or Shield for my small gun until I got the 42 last year. Edited by LINKS2K

The recoil from shooting a LCP is way harsher than shooting a G42. Not even close.

No doubt, but that doesn't mean the G42 makes sense. Why carry a G42 in .380 when you can get 9mm in the smaller Kahr? I'm not going to volunteer to get shot by a .380, but I'll take the same round count of 9mm in a smaller package any day, all day.

To me, the only way a .380 makes any sense is because it can crammed into an LCP/P3AT sized mini pistol. Making a .380 that's larger than a competitor's 9mm just doesn't do it for me.