22 LR AMMO AVAIL

I quit playing stupid a couple of years ago.  I oiled up all my .22rfs and put them into deep storage.

I can cast a bullet and reload my own .38s, 9mm or 30-30 cheaper than I can buy a .22rf cartridge.

Cast and reload.  Let somebody else be the victim of scalpers.

At this point, I don't think my grandkids would go back to shooting 22rf at any price.  The bragging rights for a 12 or 13 year old are lots greater for 9mm or 38 than .22

• Like 2

Don't know how many of you saw this today, but I was able to grab 10 bricks around noon today.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/cci-22lr-standard-velocity-500rd-box-50035.html?utm_source=PSA+Mid+SS+MOE+Upper+%24219.99+%7C+Ammo+Deals%3A+22LR%2C+22WMR%2C+12ga%2C+more&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/cci%20ammo_zpstbxb7xbe.jpg.html]cci%20ammo_zpstbxb7xbe.jpg[/URL]

Bartlett Wolfchase Walmart had 30-40 Blazer 50 round boxes, Academys got different brands of 22 LR, Winchester 2 kinds, Aquilla 3 versions, Blazer all in 50 round boxes. Dicks has 525 Thunderduds, 100 round Golden Boys round nose, several boxes of each. Classic Arms has a shelf full of CCI quite, Winchester 100 round red box, Auto match 325 and a few single boxes of oddball brands.

Couldn't scratch up a box of 22 Magnums or CCI mini-mags anywhere today....

Vapor trail is all I got.

Darn....my little girl has been bugging me to buy some .22.  The one day that I am not in front of the computer.....

Deal is still there for me just now, or is back, or whatever. Didn't buy any, but could have, let me put 10 in cart anyway.

- OS

go to slickdeals.net make a free account.. then set an alert for 22 ammo  (or anything you are looking for)  it will send you an email if anyone post any deals.   you have to act fast cause it will sell out fast.   

I was off work from aug of last year to the middle of  july of this year.  I was  stuck in the bed or on the couch most of the time.  I would buy 22 ammo from Cabela's, Bass Pro, Midway, palmettostatearmory usally when they had free shipping.  I used my account and set up ones in my wife's name.  All the ammo I bought was from august  to middle of january  well after I had mended  I took inventory of my stash.  lets say I don't need to buy any 22 ammo for a very long while..even gave bricks away to friends! 

Edited by ou812

Any CCI Mini-Mag by chance?

I've seen it there but it's been a few weeks ago. They want a few dollars more for CCI than the Winchester and Remington. The Win. and Rem. were about $10 for 100, can't remember what the CCI was.

http://royalrangenashville.com/

Couldn't find their .22 on their site, guess you'll have to call them.

Edited by K191145

Bartlett Wolfchase Walmart had 30-40 Blazer 50 round boxes, Academys got different brands of 22 LR, Winchester 2 kinds, Aquilla 3 versions, Blazer all in 50 round boxes. Dicks has 525 Thunderduds, 100 round Golden Boys round nose, several boxes of each. Classic Arms has a shelf full of CCI quite, Winchester 100 round red box, Auto match 325 and a few single boxes of oddball brands.

Couldn't scratch up a box of 22 Magnums or CCI mini-mags anywhere today....

Walmart on Winchester in Memphis had about 120 boxes of Blazer (50ct) this afternoon.  Collierville had some last week but ran out on Friday.

I don't understand the 3 box limit at some stores existing now.  I've been in Royal Range several times during the last month and seen stacks of .22 ammo on the counter.

Walmart on Winchester in Memphis had about 120 boxes of Blazer (50ct) this afternoon.  Collierville had some last week but ran out on Friday.

It has been over a year since I have seen .22 ammo on any Walmart shelf in this area.  Sporting Goods associates are still saying they only get a little in at a time and that is only once or twice a month.  Gouger Mountain is usually sold out, too.  Was in GM here in Knoxville week before last and all they had on the shelf was the high-dollar (even before the inflated Gouger Mountain price) target rifle stuff.  Academy in Knoxville is hit or miss.  The mom and pop places will sometimes have .22 ammo but prices are usually a bit steep.  Bulk boxes of .22 ammo?  Heh, it has been so long since I saw one of those in a store that if I didn't still have a couple on my ammo shelf from before the scare I probably wouldn't even remember what those are.

It has been over a year since I have seen .22 ammo on any Walmart shelf in this area.  Sporting Goods associates are still saying they only get a little in at a time and that is only once or twice a month.  Gouger Mountain is usually sold out, too.  Was in GM here in Knoxville week before last and all they had on the shelf was the high-dollar (even before the inflated Gouger Mountain price) target rifle stuff.  Academy in Knoxville is hit or miss.  The mom and pop places will sometimes have .22 ammo but prices are usually a bit steep.  Bulk boxes of .22 ammo?  Heh, it has been so long since I saw one of those in a store that if I didn't still have a couple on my ammo shelf from before the scare I probably wouldn't even remember what those are.

I was told that Academy in Olive Branch, MS had quite a bit including some 300+ packs this weekend.  I verified that Walmart on Winchester (Memphis) still had quite a bit of Blazer 50ct this evening, and Academy in Collierville had a decent assortment of low count boxes including some CCI subsonic.  I'm not sure if they had any stingers.  It's still behind the counter, though.

I was told that Academy in Olive Branch, MS had quite a bit including some 300+ packs this weekend.  I verified that Walmart on Winchester (Memphis) still had quite a bit of Blazer 50ct this evening, and Academy in Collierville had a decent assortment of low count boxes including some CCI subsonic.  I'm not sure if they had any stingers.  It's still behind the counter, though.

Expect the Academy in Olive Branch in MS to have to have it in stock often.....Since it is a new store they will try to keep it in stock.   They did that with the Cordova store last year!

It really is kind of odd.  You folks in West Tennessee seem to be having less and less trouble finding .22LR ammo and often even at reasonable prices.  From what I have read on this forum, Middle Tennessee is similar.  Based on posts on other forums to which I belong, things seem to be getting better in most parts of the country.  East Tennessee, however, still seems to have seen no or at least very little improvement in the availibility and (often) pricing of .22LR at brick and mortar stores be they big box chains or mom and pop establishments.  I honestly have no clue why that is.

Now, I haven't been chasing .22LR ammo like a hound after a rabbit lately but it doesn't sound like y'all in West Tennessee are doing so, either, nor does it sound like you have any reason to.  Instead, it sounds like you can walk into a store and have at least a reasonable expectation that there will be .22LR ammo available.  Here, it is sort of like fishing. It seems like when I go and am not getting many bites there are always a couple of older guys there telling me that I should have been there yesterday when they were biting like crazy.  Similiarly, I go to the ammo counter at Walmart, etc. and I always hear how they had some ammo yesterday (or last week, etc.) but I missed it and they aren't sure when they will have more.

Edited by JAB
Don't be fooled by what appears to be readily available 22LR ammo in west TN because it is far from it. Unless you just happen upon it at the right time or get to one of the stores in time that you hear about, it's still not readily available unless you want to pay up for it. Purchase quantities are generally still limited too. Notice also, that most of what you are seeing posted is 50 and 100 round boxes with purchase limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys either you are terrible at Easter Egg hunting, or you are just lazy.  Buds in Sevierville is rarely out of 22LR.  Then Basspro is the same.  Each time I have been in Academy in Knoxville, they have some at the front desk.   I didn't need any ammo, I was fully stocked from years ago, however I couldn't resist the 10 bricks of CCI from PSA last week, and it arrived today.  Now if you are waiting on it to drop out of the sky and in your lap, I think you will complain.

• Like 1

Guys either you are terrible at Easter Egg hunting, or you are just lazy.  Buds in Sevierville is rarely out of 22LR.  Then Basspro is the same.  Each time I have been in Academy in Knoxville, they have some at the front desk.   I didn't need any ammo, I was fully stocked from years ago, however I couldn't resist the 10 bricks of CCI from PSA last week, and it arrived today.  Now if you are waiting on it to drop out of the sky and in your lap, I think you will complain.

Thanks for the link my 10 bricks are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

They just recently moved the 22 to the gun counter at the Academy in Knoxville. They have had 22 in every time I have been in there in the last month or so. I have picked up a couple here and there. It still has a limit unless you know the sleazy guy that works at the gun counter during the day. I caught him giving one of his buddies the limit several times in a row. The friend didn't even leave the store. He just kept buying and going back for more. So I figured I would try it and he told me it was a 3 box limit for the day. This is the second run in with this employee I have had. He is really helping out his friends.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk Edited by LI0NSFAN
Wouldn't say it was growing on trees in West Tennessee but Academy Wolf chase has had Multiple numbers of Aquilla Match and Subsonic along with Winchester, Blazer and CCI Velocitor 50 round boxes for 2 weeks straight with 2 box limit. Dicks had 50 boxes of 550 in Thunderduds and 25 or more boxes of 100 round golden boy. You could get 1, 550 or three 100 rounders. Hell Bass Pro Bartlett has had 4 different kinds for a week now. And since we got 3 or 4, Academys, Dicks, Bass Pros and LGS there is quite a bit to be had. So as Runco said, its out there and not to hard to find. Just have to make several stops.
  • Like 1
Smyrna Academy gets ammo on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Today I got two boxes of CCI standard velocity for $3.49/box. Pretty much normal price, imho. There were still about 50 boxes when I left and easily 300 more boxes of different types of Aguila and Remington ammo for $3.99/box and up. This is the day AFTER being put out for sale. Who knows what they'll get tomorrow.