Mp pro paperweight

Dustbuster

Like musicman I have a stable of various models of M&Ps and never.......never any trouble.  I've shot several thousand rounds out of my Pro.  Personally would never recommend other brands.  Not that there aren't some very good guns of other makes, but like said before, stuff breaks.

I would tell them you are a 3 gun competitor. Let them know you were wanting to use Smith products but you are probably going to use a competitor's gun.

I did over the phone. Told him 1st match w an MP that's been giving me hell and I'm already out,and back to a sig hammer gun...
Then I was being told how the police and everyone love the mp lol it's all good though I'm impressed so far. Just hate spending a bunch of money on a gun that's been possessed by the u ain't short in demons... Edited by Dustbuster

I've only had to send 2 guns back to the factory in all my years. One was the XD-s recall that I still think was a non-issue. They kept my d@mn gun for almost 3 months. The other was my S&W M&P 15-22. My extractor blew off and was lost at the range one day. S&W replaced my entire BCG and had my gun back in my hands in JUST over 2 weeks. Their customer service dept is a class act.

I bought a brand new Smith and immediately I had issues. Figuring it was a break in issue I struggled through 500 rounds get 2-3 malfunctions per magazine. I contacted Smith and they said to do a fluff and buff to the feed ramp, breech face and extractor. I did and called them back within a few days with the same issue. I was told it could take up to 1,500 rounds before everything settled down. 1,500 rounds later I was still having issues and they said to send it in. I asked for a label because it was a warranty issue and they said they would not because the gun was used now. They said I would have to pay to send it in and it would count as one of the three lifetime services but I would have to pay for any repairs.

I thought about it and sold it for 1/3 of what I paid for it. I told the buyer about the issues and he still wanted it.

That was 15 years ago and until I bought my Shield a few months ago I had not bought another Smith. And honestly I am conflicted because I swore 15 years ago I would never own another.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

got it back today, new barrel, w 2 extra take down levers and 2 of the small springs w flat caps on top...nothing in the report except replaced lever, fired group, and inspected weapon APEX FSS still intact,.....ho hum, the performance center gets me charged up though...guess ill test fire this and sell it

Test it out, might be fine. If it runs good and no issues your problem is solved. In my experience about 30% of guns bought have to be returned and fixed. ...

Good lord, you must have mostly Kel-Tec and Taurus!

- OS

• Like 7

I have a couple of 4473s out there with my name on them :)

I was just thinking this myself. If I had to send back one third of just the guns I've filled out 4473's on it would be more than a few. I think if that was the case I'd find another hobby

Good lord, you must have mostly Kel-Tec and Taurus!

- OS

Had to return a Springfield 1911 GI model. Had to return a Taurus. Also had a Kahr pm45 that never ran right. My brother has a shield that probably needs returned, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
30% might be a little off. 10% maybe. Also I'm only talking about handguns. I've heard about many returns of 1911's due to feed ramp issues and timing. Mine had a burr on the feed ramp. My friend has sent two back that both got new barrels, one was a Sig and can't remember the other.
I just bought one of these m&p pros. I love it. I've been thinking of selling my glock 19 to find another. Give it another shot you may enjoy
It also. Edited by Jack

I HATE MIM parts, send it back!

I have several guns with MIM parts and none has had a failure due to it.  Initially, I didn't trust the use of polymer in guns however it has shown that it is a reliable material.

"They said I would have to pay to send it in and it would count as one of the three lifetime services but I would have to pay for any repairs"

What the heck did S&W mean by this statement ? "Three Lifetime Services" ?