Shootings in Chattanooga and Cleveland?!?!

We're going to hear and read everything about this murderer that the media can shake loose of the nearest bubba. Then we're going to read or hear leaked insider information that might or might not be factual. And then at the end of a lengthy investigation we'll be told what happened with a lot of unknowns thrown into the mix. Anything we speculate about here is just that..speculation.
  • Like 4

He interned at TVA. Just imagine if he was hired to work in one of the energy plants and while there savataged it some how. Bombing etc...

The fact that his Dad was on the Terrorist Watch List until recently, probably kept him from getting a job with TVA.

I'll give it less than 12hrs before we hear the anti-gun-outlaw-automatic weapons BS from a liberal politician or news pundit.

Can't let another crisis go waste.

Edited by kieefer

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already! Can't believe that Pelosi, Feinstein and Schumer have managed to keep their mouths shut.  I know it's got to be eating them up.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 1

Trump was just on The O'Reilly Factor and he voiced his opinion and I agree with him. He said that the government allowed this to happen by intentionally holding people back from doing their jobs. He also reiterated what he's been campaigning on and said that if he was president he would make sure that our military could carry weapons on bases and in places like this.

Edited by tennesseetiger

I don't mean this comment to be facetious or funny but should we be calling for removal of any Muslim related symbols or 

flags that may offend us after this ? Is fair really fair ?

Its completely fair, but you'll be labeled as a racist, prejudice, simple minded bigot for thinking that way...but i'll be in the same camp as you  :up:

• Like 2

Its completely fair, but you'll be labeled as a racist, prejudice, simple minded bigot for thinking that way...but i'll be in the same camp as you  :up:

I'm a 53 year old white guy. I've been labeled that since when, 2012?  I know better.

• Like 4

It's funny how things go with this administration...

When that kid shot them black people in that church last month, first thing obama done was jumps on TV and starts banging the gun control drum again, and then he cuts all the victims families a check for 5.9 million for their trouble...And goes down to sing at their funerals..

Here is the statement for todays terrorist attack on 4 of our marines servicemen..

"President Obama said that he has been briefed on the shootings and expressed his condolences to the families of the slain Marines."

Yep, your administration is "transparent" alright...We know exactly what you think..

Then, on the very same day of this tragic event...This lovely message was posted from obama to the muslim world...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/07/16/statement-president-occasion-eid-ul-fitr

• Like 2

The White House cut a check for $29million to the victims families of the South Carolina shooting that took place in June. That comes out to $3.2million per family.

I would like to see the same thing happen in Chattanooga.

Thanks

So would I, but that won't happen, because these were service members and we all know what the WH thinks of service members.

• Like 2

Its time to arm our armed forces!

While I certainly agree with you, it will probably not happen until such a time that these attacks become more the "norm" than the exception. As others have stated, the Armed Forces really freak out about the forces actually being armed. Many reasons for this but not the least of which is that the majority of the current Officer corps is a bunch of risk averse pussies that are more concerned with making their next step up the ladder than they are concerned with the well being of the force. There are actually forces currently deployed to war/conflict zones that are not allowed to be armed, and others that are armed (mainly for weapons accountability) but are not allowed to carry ammunition until their leadership deems it necessary.

While I certainly agree with you, it will probably not happen until such a time that these attacks become more the "norm" than the exception. As others have stated, the Armed Forces really freak out about the forces actually being armed. Many reasons for this but not the least of which is that the majority of the current Officer corps is a bunch of risk averse pussies that are more concerned with making their next step up the ladder than they are concerned with the well being of the force. There are actually forces currently deployed to war/conflict zones that are not allowed to be armed, and others that are armed (mainly for weapons accountability) but are not allowed to carry ammunition until their leadership deems it necessary.

I don't know, movement has already started to allow base commanders the ability to allow it. For the many that may be against it, there may be a few that are willing to go against the CiC's wishes.

Shooters Blog Posts:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/16/read-chattanooga-shooter-s-blog.html

Fox News Reporters in Chattanooga are saying things like "Military style rifle", "Black long rifle", and "witnesses claim to have heard 25-30 shots" so its safe to they are getting ready to say it was an AR.

Ya know, today is another example that if the government wanted to make an attempt protect our republic from foreign born Muslim terrorists that are hell bent on killing us all and destroying our country and way of life, they could make progress by simply arming the military, here.

So in my mind this is where that whole "well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state" deal comes in. Because if keeping the most advanced military the world has ever known armed all the time isn't necessary to the security of a free state then I guess we're on our own.

Frankly anyone that uses this terrorist attack to promote gun control is providing comfort to our enemies and they should be hung swiftly.

Prayers to the families Edited by JWC
  • Like 5

They are raised to hate from birth...we get baptized and they get trained. That is the difference and its a big one...

They aren't all radical according to the percentages but the flip side is that even though its a small percent millions of them are indeed radical.

5%-15% is a small percentage; when applied to one billion Muslims we get 50 - 150 MILLION committed to ending our way of life. Thank goodness for the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans...
  • Like 1

5%-15% is a small percentage; when applied to one billion Muslims we get 50 - 150 MILLION committed to ending our way of life. Thank goodness for the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans...

Exactly...people here percents and they are like "ah...thats isn't so bad" then they look at how many of them are around the world and they are like "holy sh*t that millions of people who want to blow other people up..."

• Like 1

I wish there had been someone with a concealed carry permit in the parking lot at the recruiting center this morning.  They might have saved 4 Marine lives, by returning fire.

Yeah, it's this kind of stuff that keeps me carrying full-frame big autos instead of J Frames and PPK's. Actually I've often thought of carrying an AR in my truck, but haven't convinced myself that I've worked out all the problems with doing that. We'll see. With my luck, as soon as somebody saw the AR I'd be misidentified as the shooter and get shot by responding police.

Edited by EssOne
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's this kind of stuff that keeps me carrying full-frame big autos instead of J Frames and PPK's. Actually I've often thought of carrying an AR in my truck, but haven't convinced myself that I've worked out all the problems with doing that. We'll see. With my luck I'd be misidentified as the shooter and get shot by responding police.

That is a very legitimate concern...I've read stories about stuff like that happening. If you aren't wearing a uniform and you are carrying a weapon like that when the cops show up they aren't going to just say "oh hey thanks for helping out"...you'll more than likely be face first on the ground and maybe even in hand cuffs until they get it all sorted out.