Shootings in Chattanooga and Cleveland?!?!

First of all prayers sent to the wounded and the fallen hero's families. Next for all the people questioning the Muslim faith. It is real simple, if a person is a "good Muslim" and lives by the Koran, he/she wants all the infidels which would be everyone not Muslim DEAD!!  This talk about radical Muslim or Islam has really no weight, he is either a good one or not!! I believe that all people have the right to protect themselves from being slaughtered like this. I would hope that the guys in the reserve centers would start packing some heat!!

They legally cant carry a gun in the reserve centers.

Everybody at once...Thank you Bill Clinton.

I would hope that the guys in the reserve centers would start packing some heat!!

I'd say that unofficially most Reserve and National Guard Centers will be well protected tomorrow and every day afterwards.  Back in the day, I know that our center was well protected on drill weekends.  I don't imagine anything has changed since then.

• Like 1

Well I'm pretty sick of reading all the Gay bashing on Facebook too. I've blocked several so called friends over it.

Personally, I'm to the point that if anyone of any faith or religion is overly zealous in their beliefs, I find them suspicious.

Well, someone just had to turn this into a gay thread I guess :Shake:

A Muslim dude shot 4 Marines and a cop, and ISIS is claiming credit. Kind of apples to oranges, don't ya think? Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 6

Hum...lets see how we can get the spot light off of the Iran nuclear deal. Tin foil hat on. :)

I actually thought of this "yesterday", what major news event would happen to take the spot light off of Iran.  Thought the verdict of the Colorado shooter would be center stage, not this cowardly act in Chattanooga!

• Like 1

Well, someone just had to turn this into a gay thread I guess :shake:

A Muslim dude shot 5 Marines and a cop, and ISIS is claiming credit. Kind of apples to oranges, don't ya think?

Its pretty typical...media does the same thing. Just shove it in to the middle of everything and watch people argue over it. Surprised he didn't mention Bruce...errr Caitlyn.

• Like 1

A few quick thoughts...

1)  Much like how gun owners don't like to be held accountable for the lawless among us with negative attention and reactionary laws, so is it for the Muslims in the US.  There are ones that didn't kill anybody today because they were too busy working, paying taxes, obeying the law and participating in our Democracy just like everybody else.   I'm not going to let the actions of this guy change that.  If they're silent, it's because they are laying low, knowing the eyes of mistrust are on them yet again.  While I'm sure there is some radical ones among the flock, I'm not going to let fear turn me against a community.

2)  Per his alleged yearbook quote...sounds about right, and worth mentioning we don't know the context he wrote it in.  The fact remains that his time going through security at the airport had to have been different than yours by virtue of nothing more than his name to bring it about.  I'm sure it had something to do with his radicalization taking root, and it's worth the conversation about if we're creating enemies with the policies we're using to fight them.

3)  As to any ISIS connection, all the social media postings will be analyzed, but I doubt he was "controlled" by ISIS in the sense of they recruited, trained, and tasked him to go do what he did.  Most likely is that he reached out to them via Twitter with his intentions, and they simply said something to the equivalent of "go for it, dude."

4)  Worth monitoring is what knee-jerk reaction may come with guns, ammo, supplies.  For what it's worth, Primary Arms had a sale start today, Gen 2 PMAG's on sale for $9.99.  Fortuitous timing in retrospect.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 3

All I'm going to say is that they're called extremists for a reason. They take a line or two out of their holy book and blow it out of proportion, twist it's meaning, and play on the poverty and desperate situation of many people located in the middle east.

There's been nothing to officially say this guy was an extremist. He certainly wasn't a good Muslim. He was arrested for a DUI, meaning he not only had alcohol, but got drunk on it.

Read it here...

I can understand peoples' anger with a community that has extremists within it, but it's not fair to lump the majority of them who would never harm us in with the few who do.

EDIT: By the way, there are MANY Muslims who fight for our freedom in our armed forces everyday, and I am proud to serve with them.

Edited by ooperz
  • Like 3

How long till "they" start calling for banning guns because of this. Haven't heard how he got his guns yet.

Call me crazy, but I see this coming out differently. With Obama's soft spot for Islamic terrorists and his recent lax deal with his Iranian homies, I don't see this event lasting very long in his media outlets in general. I don't think he wants to talk about the uncomfortable truth that Islamic extremists are not just overseas. I believe he would rather this whole thing be swept under the rug. To use it as a battle cry for more gun control would do the opposite.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Like 3

How long till "they" start calling for banning guns because of this. Haven't heard how he got his guns yet.

Oh it'll be touched when our Prezz decides to give it a go. But more interesting is the U.S. Attorney calling this shooting an act of domestic terrorism, the FBI playing it close to the vest and The POTUS doing his regular "act of an isolated and loan individual" sound bite.