Fear The Walking Dead (Los Angeles spinoff)

What unit is issued full auto Uzis and AKs?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I guess I haven't been playing close attention to what they are carrying it looked like they were carry M4 the last time I looked.  As for full auto uzi I have actually seen one of those.  My favorite gun shop in Maryland was selling a NFA one it is possible there are a few of those floating around in NFA friendly states. 

Thanks

Robert 

I have watched the first three episodes and I wonder how long that one guy is going to not want any guns around his family?  In some ways I like it more.  When Rick woke up the world he know was gone.  There was no question if the people could be helped.  In TWD there is no question walkers are no longer people.  This isn't true in Fear.  Hell as of "The Dog" they aren't even sure how it spreads.  The world hasn't completely fallen apart yet.  It is going that way quickly.  Things Rick and the other don't have to think about anymore they still have to worry about.  Example in TWD how many people have been killed and how many of them are worried a Cop is going to see it happen and arrest them?  In fear that is a very real possibility and being locked up for even a few days could be a death sentence. 

Thanks

Robert

• Like 1

Found a partial answer on Tobias: (From an interview with showrunner Dave Erickson)

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead-not-fade-away-129449406730.html?nf=1

Okay, one more thing… Tobias. Can you confirm he was not the person who was in the house on the hill?
I would love to say that I thought about that, but the truth is, no, Tobias is not in the house. So Tobias is not dead, as far was we know.

Are we separating and quarantining those at risk, or are we culling the herd of the weak?

The old dying man, the woman with the broken foot, are they at risk or weak?

The mentally unstable guy, what was the risk there? He was weak.

The heroin addict, obviously a risk, but of the infection? I think the weakness of his addiction was the reason he was removed.

It has a very strong anti-authoritarian theme going on right now, the incompetent military commander, the soldier that can't procure medicine, the lying doctor... Edited by Murgatroy

Nick and the crying bearded neighbor were hauled off because they can be a destabilizing factor in the community. The Lieutenant isn't going to put up with someone who's on the edge of losing it, so he shipped them out. Simple as that. Neither deportation has anything to do with the virus. Both are about maintaining order and control. Given the circumstances, I can't say that it's the wrong move in and of itself. He went about it the wrong way, raiding the house in the middle of the night, but the outcome is the same for Nick. Unfortunately for the Lt., I think his heavy handedness, along with Madison's discovery outside the wire, is the thing Travis needed to organize something and take action.

Griselda Salazar is shipped out for "medical treatment". That could mean the Army has the facility to do the surgery needed to save her foot, or they're going to put her down. I think we'll find out in the next episode.

Not knowing the format of Fear it is hard to predict.  Is next season a continuation of this story in LA,  or will the depiction of societal breakdown continue to be told in another city or country?

I really wonder if we will see Nick or Griselda again.   Daniel told the story of community members be taken away and never being seen again in his home country.

That along with what appears to be a cleansing by the military, of infected and none infected alike makes me think this.  What about Travis' ex wife?

How many days have been depicted so far?

My guess is that they're going to a research facility where they will be infected with bites and then they'll try to find ways to cure them.  It's a productive use of people who would otherwise be a liability for group survival. That would also add a dark element to the plot. Would a survival society do that? Probably yes, once the situation became desperate enough.

Their location would seem to be very temporary. We've seen electric power go on and off, but what about water? They're on top of a hill. When the water goes out, they're going to have to relocate. Food would seem to come next, but I'd guess they could raid vacant homes for canned goods indefinitely. 

Are we separating and quarantining those at risk, or are we culling the herd of the weak?

The old dying man, the woman with the broken foot, are they at risk or weak?

The mentally unstable guy, what was the risk there? He was weak.

The heroin addict, obviously a risk, but of the infection? I think the weakness of his addiction was the reason he was removed.

It has a very strong anti-authoritarian theme going on right now, the incompetent military commander, the soldier that can't procure medicine, the lying doctor...

Experimentation perhaps? ala "we're only using the weak/sick so we're being ethical"

Maybe they've figured out that anyone who dies comes back, so they're taking away the potential risk.

But, knowing the walking dead writers.. it's probably because they're bad people motivated by nothing except power.

can't believe no one mentioned it.  If anyone had shot that Barrett with their eye resting on the scope it would have been a bloodbath for the shooter. I kept waiting for Travis to pull the trigger, then WHAM to the eye.   

This episode really showed how bad it could get and how fast.

One question during Story Sync was if the Army Captain was killed by the "infected" or if he was fragged.  I voted Infected. 

I love Daniel's voice tone and how he speaks.

• Like 1

So what is the angle for the black man in jail with the junkie?   What does he need him for?

Probably to break in to some place. He knows Nick is a heroin addict, not just a regular addict. He can make the safe assumption that Nick knows how to get in and out of places.

Yeah, the black guy seems to be a barterer. So, I'm assuming he's going to use Nick to procure items they need for trade. He says he knows how to get things in times of dire need.