Paul Walker's kid suing Porsche

Sam1

Nah. Its the legal theory of going where the money is. The manager who caused the fatal crash is dead, they can't go after the municipally or another driver so that leaves Porsche. If it was a factory supplied demonstrator or promotional vehicle owned by Porsche then the family will receive a chunk of change. If they can prove a manufacturing defect they'll get some coinage. But most likely they believe Porsche won't want to spend the necessary legal defense fees or risk the bad publicity and will instead agree to a settlement. Its all about who you are or who you were.

I sure hope that never sees a court room. The guy did something stupid and it cost him his life. Let it go already.

You do realize he was not driving right? Not saying I agree with the suit, but it wasn't him that crashed. He was the passenger and was trapped in the car while it was on fire. Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

You do realize he was not driving right? Not saying I agree with the suit, but it wasn't him that crashed. He was the passenger and was trapped in the car while it was on fire.

True, though the coroner's report states he died from injuries, not the fire.  The stupid thing he did was get in the car.

I can't see how any court would find Porsche liable in the suit.  I'd be embarrassed to file a suit like this.  A family member gets in a car driven recklessly, wrecks, dies from impact, burns up as a secondary.  Explain what Porsche did?  Oh and how much aftermarket parts were installed to make the car faster?

I also like how she disputes the police reported speed at the time of accident, and the coroners report that states he died from injuries sustained from the impact.  Last time I checked taking corners at even (claimed) 70mph is reckless and no car can be built to guarantee stability in that situation.  

Sorry, your dads dead, but sometimes our fate is the result of decisions we make.  

Edited by Lumber_Jack

Man you guys are rough.  

I don't expect he got in the car thinking, boy this thing is probably going to crash and kill me.  I have been in race cars as a passenger.  I wouldn't consider myself stupid.  

Accidents happen.  Again, I am not saying Porsche is responsible, but I am not going to say it's his fault either for simply taking a ride in a car, even if it was a super Porsche. 

I would guess most here have done many things dumber than this.  I know I have.  We were just lucky to live I guess. Whew....

Man you guys are rough.
I don't expect he got in the car thinking, boy this thing is probably going to crash and kill me. I have been in race cars as a passenger. I wouldn't consider myself stupid.

Accidents happen. Again, I am not saying Porsche is responsible, but I am not going to say it's his fault either for simply taking a ride in a car, even if it was a super Porsche.

I would guess most here have done many things dumber than this. I know I have. We were just lucky to live I guess. Whew....

I wasn't saying he was stupid or not. He died because of a choice he made. Maybe we all would have made the same, and resulted equally. Ultimately Porsche had no culpability in that.

Man you guys are rough.  

I don't expect he got in the car thinking, boy this thing is probably going to crash and kill me.  I have been in race cars as a passenger.  I wouldn't consider myself stupid.  

Accidents happen.  Again, I am not saying Porsche is responsible, but I am not going to say it's his fault either for simply taking a ride in a car, even if it was a super Porsche. 

I would guess most here have done many things dumber than this.  I know I have.  We were just lucky to live I guess. Whew....

No, accidents DONT happen. The very word 'accident' is ludicrous. EVERYTHING that can happen to a person short of being struck down by God himself is the fault of SOMEONE. Intent becomes debatable, negligent or malicious, but accident? No. You get out in a fast car and make the conscious decision to break the traffic laws, you get what you get. Even obeying traffic laws can get you hurt or killed but EVERY SINGLE "accident" if you wanna keep using that word, is the fault of someones actions. Even on a private racetrack there's assumed risk.
Life itself isn't safe and the the one thing most humans seem to refuse to accept is personal resposibility.

Caster, while we are both pretty black and white kinda guys, I will have to disagree with you somewhat.  No one is saying an accident doesn't have fault. although in some cases it doesn't.  The definition of "accident" is:

"an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury."

I can already here you say it wasn't unexpected since they were wreckless, etc, but it was certainly unintentional; and I would argue unexpected.

You can blame the driver all you want, I am with you on that, but to say it is Paul's fault for getting in the car, we can agree to disagree.   Kind of like a tire blowing out on you car and your kid dying in the wreck.  Is that not an accident or is that your fault since you were driving?  I don't think anyone reasonable would say that would be your fault.  Yes, someone can take it to the Nth degree why a tire blew out, but sometimes, shit just happens.

Yes, someone can take it to the Nth degree why a tire blew out, but sometimes, #### just happens.

Yes it does.  Suing and enacting laws in reaction to random acts of "fate" will never change it and only further complicates society and everyone's lives.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
Well, everyone's life is different. Every single ounce of pain I feel and have ever felt; be it physical or emotional, has been my fault. Whether it was getting my ass kicked in school for running that mouth or the half dozen major head injuries I've had. All my fault. Easier to say now, hindsight is 20/20. Either way, all the $)(1! that's happened to me thus far, I could have prevented were a wiser/smarter person.

I'm a firm believer in play dumb games, win dumb prizes. I have a display showcase full of trophies. I own each and every one of them.
  • Like 2