Ruger gunsite scout in .308

WeagleMCvet

To me, it seems a little pricey for what it is, but certainly sexy looking.

Were I looking for a "ranch/truck/deer rifle", I would probably think cheap and lighter (several bolt actions from Ruger, Savage, etc. come to mind), or autoloader... you can find and/or build an AR pattern gun in .308 for about the same money as the Gunsite Scout.

When I was looking for a .308 Bolt action, I looked at a Ruger Scout.  I wasn't that impressed with the handling or the trigger.  Ended up picking up a Savage 10P SR.  I added a Vortex Diamondback scope and I love it!!!  It's a little tack driver! You can see pictures here.http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/87929-tactical-bolt-gun/  It came with the flash suppressor and the big knob on the bolt.  I ditched the Centerpoint "tacticool" scope for the Diamondback, which I picked up on sell at Bud's.

Interesting discussion guys!

Currently looking at the Remington 700 or Ruger American w/ Redfield scope for a .308 bolt-action. People keep telling me to look at Savage, though, I have to admit... my curiosity is piqued!

- K

Dolomite likes them. 

Interesting discussion guys!

Currently looking at the Remington 700 or Ruger American w/ Redfield scope for a .308 bolt-action. People keep telling me to look at Savage, though, I have to admit... my curiosity is piqued!

- K

You won't go wrong with any of the three.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.