Nashville Fairground to Stop Hosting Gun Shows

I heard some rumors about this but never in a million years thought they would actually vote on it and say that they can't have the show in Nashville anymore..........................this is very surprising. Give it little while and the really "smart" people in Nashville will start wondering where hundreds of thousands of dollars per quarter disappeared to...

http://fox17.com/news/local/nashville-fairgrounds-to-stop-hosting-gun-shows

Williamson County Ag Center it is!

Looks like the Goodman Show isn't the only one affected...

"The discussion comes as a second gun show operator, RK Gun Show, was contracted to hold shows at the fairgrounds. This is in addition to Bill Goodman’s Gun and Knife show which as operated regularly at the fairgrounds for 35 years."

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/new-safety-regulations-considered-at-nashville-fairgrounds

This was just the low hanging fruit. There are people actively working to get the fairgrounds shut down and sold off to their buddies in real estate development. Any dollars that they can shave off the operating revenues to make the fairgrounds look worse financially is of benefit to their plans. I expect to see other things get the boot too, or they'll use the lost gun show revenue as an excuse to raise the rates for everyone else, sending smaller events like the toy train show, or the bead show off to cheaper pastures. Then that revenue stream dries up. Wash-rinse-repeat. They won't stop until we have condos on that land.

• Like 9
The Metro Council and real estate friends have been trying to shut the fairgrounds down for years. This time around may do it.
But all the push to sell for private development seems to have forgotten one thing...the EPA will be involved in this.

With all the fuel and oils that have saturated the racetrack area, and the fact that the lower parts of the grounds, and according to some oldtimers there; even some of the high ground is fill from the early 1900's and contains a lot of contaminated materials from year back. The area was used as a dump site for a lot of refuse then.

So there could be some surprise costs hidden in there.

I don't know why anyone should be surprised at this.......... :shrug: They just elected a liberal Female Mayor that has zero interests in Gun Shows or racing Stock cars on Saturday Nights so of course they would vote to close down anything that makes money when they have all these pet plans on the back burners just waiting for it to go belly up. I bet before it's over the Nashville Flea Market will be asked to leave because some things they sell are controversial also...............jmho

Like HP also said, there is probably more oil under the ground there than some wells in Kentucky cause that race track has been operating there more than 75 years. And that does not count all the lead and battery acids that have leaked into the earth around the track all those years...... :up: 

• Like 1
No one has addressed the real issue here, without Bill Goodmans, where can a fellow shopping plaza operator (that's mall ninja for you civilians) get his Chinese tacticrap, Pakistani knives and beef jerky? Edited by Caster
  • Like 5

Looks like the Goodman Show isn't the only one affected...

"The discussion comes as a second gun show operator, RK Gun Show, was contracted to hold shows at the fairgrounds. This is in addition to Bill Goodman’s Gun and Knife show which as operated regularly at the fairgrounds for 35 years."

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/new-safety-regulations-considered-at-nashville-fairgrounds

According to the Fair Board Chairman Ned Horton:

"In Nashville, we should not wait for our children, families, and cops to be shot before we have an open and honest discussion."

Am I missing something here...? I mean did a cop or child get shot at a gun show recently and I just happened to miss it...?

He might want to have a serious discussion about lets say...Rosa L Parks Blvd if he's concerned about people getting shot. I can't handle stupid people...I just can't.

If you didn't like going that's fine but RK and Goodman wouldn't be there unless some money was to be made. Our city just cut off a bunch of small businesses and got another win for the anti-gun crowd. I don't see the excitment.

Yeah, I know the city hates the fairgrounds and gun shows and wants to develop the area. At the rate of welfare benefits being handed out I wouldn't be surprised to see govt. housing planned for this area, then they can cover up whats really underneath the surface.

• Like 2

No one has addressed the real issue here, without Bill Goodmans, where can a fellow shopping plaza operator (that's mall ninja for you civilians) get his Chinese tacticrap, Pakistani knives and beef jerky?

Walmart, every advert in Guns & Ammo, Soldier of Fortune magazine & 9 out of 10 Facebook gun pages.

Now you how most of the people in Illinois feel about Chicago.

And Denver, and Austin, and ...

Hell, Kali would probably be a free gun state but for LA and Frisco/Bay Area domination.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1