new yankee here (sorry)

i've perused this forum for a good long while as a non-member- gleaned some really great information off of it over the years.

i'm from New Hampshire, was born and raised in New York. Spent a little time when i was young down in pigeon forge.

recently with new yorks political climate my friends and i have been making choices to vote with out feet. a good few of us moved up to New Hampshire, 2 guys moved down TN (round about nashville)

i recently joined up to ask a few memebers some questions about an FFL near knoxville that i have doing some work for me.

it would be impolite of me to not post an introduction.

Thanks

dane

• Like 2

i've perused this forum for a good long while as a non-member- gleaned some really great information off of it over the years.

i'm from New Hampshire, was born and raised in New York. Spent a little time when i was young down in pigeon forge.

recently with new yorks political climate my friends and i have been making choices to vote with out feet. a good few of us moved up to New Hampshire, 2 guys moved down TN (round about nashville)

i recently joined up to ask a few memebers some questions about an FFL near knoxville that i have doing some work for me.

it would be impolite of me to not post an introduction.

Thanks

dane

Nothing at all wrong with Yankees. It is damn Yankees not welcomed. Damn Yankees are the ones who come south and bring their liberal ways with them and then wonder how Dixie goes to hell.

Welcome to the board.

Nothing at all wrong with Yankees. It is damn Yankees not welcomed. Damn Yankees are the ones who come south and bring their liberal ways with them and then wonder how Dixie goes to hell.

Well then I am most assuredly not a "damn yankee" I get along better with more here than I did in far upstate NY

welcome. didn't catch what part of NY you were from. I lived near Oswego for three very long winters. Most of the guys I knew up there would pass for good old boys with accents.  :cheers: 

Wrong-wrong-wrong,

There is something decidedly and unequivocally better up north.  As a damn Yankee who loves Tennessee, I know that ice fishing up north kicks the sh*t out of ice fishing here!  I still love TN though.

Being a refugee from upstate NY my self. There are 2 things that the south is missing out big time on. Those are Pizza and good old fashioned Greek Dinners. A real large Pizza is 18 inches in diameter with a hand tossed crust that is nothing like the crapola you find in Caesars, the Hut, Brothers ect, ect. all garbage. The only joint that comes close is Empire Pizza on Kingston Pike in Knoxville. Get a fresh baked per order Garlic knots and large pie there and you will know what I'm talking about.
There are some OK Cafe's here but they all close at 2 or 3pm ! Yankee private dinners have huge menues and stay open to at least 9pm. Cracker B has nothing on these joints. Now that rant is over, Every single other aspect of life is way better here than the Liberal North period. I thought to retire in NH up in Thornton township on 92 acres I had up against the White Mountain NF. Then I found out what my property tax was going to be with 1.5 acres taken out of "Current Use". Live Free or die is a joke. Property tax there is WORSE than where I was in NY! The Schools in NH are totally funded by property tax. The Massaholes have over run NH and are pushing out the original Conservative base. Most Tennesseans have no idea how bad life can get under Libs. One year a City Lib got elected town supervisor and wanted to pass a law that you can't mow your grass on the week ends because the NY City folks that have week end homes complained about all the noise. And the Safe Act that was supposed to make you pay for a NICS check for a box of ammo.
So yeah, I'm a Dam X Yankee that will be Dammed if I don't do everything humanly possible to stop that Liberal poison from creeping into TN.
Maybe just let a few True Italian Pizza n Pasta joints in...... Maybe. Edited by xtriggerman
  • Like 2

welcome. didn't catch what part of NY you were from. I lived near Oswego for three very long winters. Most of the guys I knew up there would pass for good old boys with accents.  :cheers:

Hey hey, spent 4 wonderfully pickled years in Oswego myself! Managed to get a bachelor's somehow?

Welcome to TN, you've found America! I finally got wise and voted w/ my feet last year as well. Spent the last 20 around Rochester area.

Great resource here at TGO, and a great group of people as well.

I'm putting down roots in Kingston now, about a half-hour west of Knox-proper.

- Kevin