High Standard

Ugly

The first time I shot one of these babies was about 3 years ago when this kind gentlemen let me shoot his. I've never heard of them before but dig me some .22 plinkin.

Turns out, a good friend of mine had one and would leave it to me if something happens to him.
Sadly he passed away in Jan, RIP Doc!

Well, here it is. I haven't shot it yet.
3botu.jpg

Im thankful to know him and will treasure this piece.

• Like 2

Whatever you do don't take the grips off. There is a tiny spring under one of them and when you take the grips off it goes flying, never to be found again. Can't tell you where you'd go to get a new one either.

It is a beautiful piece

• Like 1
While the circumstances are unfortunate that pistol is a wonderful treasure and testament to your friendship.

High Standards are the gold standard for American semi-auto .22's. That one looks like it just came out of the box!

Treasure the magazine as well. Originals are somewhat hard to find and ridiculously priced.

Only shoot standard velocity ammo! Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

Sorry for your loss.    I enjoy my inherited guns but its hard too. 

Whatever you do don't take the grips off. There is a tiny spring under one of them and when you take the grips off it goes flying, never to be found again. Can't tell you where you'd go to get a new one either.

It is a beautiful piece

the world of 3-d printing has its uses.

Thanks all. He was 78 so he had a good life and he used it up.

I am stoked these are such magnificent pistols, trigger and barrel are incredible.

Thanks for the heads up about the spring and cracking frames. He had some old T-22 and it wouldn't cycle, I gave him some new white box and it worked great.

Can't wait to try it out!
  • Moderators

It is a beautiful piece

Thanks for that information.  

• Moderators

Sorry for your loss. I have a few High Standards. Shoot only standard velocity ammo. They are prone to frame cracking in the Mag or slide release openings.

That's good information.  Mine likes CCI Standard Velocity.  Federal and Remington not so much.

Condolences and congratulations, in that order.

Wait until HiPower sees this, I know the man loves him some High Standards. :wave:

Yes, Tricky buddy, you are right. My prize piece is my Dad's High Standard Olympic. These are some very good shooting pistols.

An outstanding pistol. Enjoy it and remember your friend.

I know how you feel. A few years back, a dear friend of mine passed away. I was at the house after the funeral and his wife walked up to me, handed me his favorite gun and simply said "Bill wanted you to have this."  Its a 6" S&W Model 29. I'll never sell it. Shooting it brings back fond memories of my friend. I've made arrangements that when my time comes, it will go to my best friend who also knew the original owner. 

As long as someone remembers you, you're never really gone.

• Like 2