We're Back!!! Upgrade to IPBoard 4 complete!

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, otnman said:

I'm sure all the whining from people like me hasn't helped. Sorry for that. It's working out just fine and get all the info I could ever want. Thanks for the hard work!

It's not whining... its feedback.  Feedback drives improvement, or at the very least conversation.

Don't hold back when you have an opinion.  I might not act on every suggestion but I guarantee you I consider all of them.

• Authorized Vendor

I never use a mobile screen so for me it's a mute issue. It's either laptop or wife's Ipad. Everything seems to be working just fine so far for me. After fooling around with stuff I've condensed the posts, renamed an activity stream and set it up to show me "New Posts" and turned my brightness on my laptop down to about 25% to deal with the brightness so I think I'm good to go. No too shabby for a guy that doesn't know jack about computers or the interwebz.  :P

One question though....using the "choose files" to post pictures....was wondering about how many pictures we have before we have to go back and delete or will it just tell you you can't load anymore?

I think what everyone is perceiving as being washed out is a lack of definition in the grey areas. For instance there is a border around each post that is slightly darker than the white background of the posters text. To me, it's not enough contrast to really show the division between the posts. It's so faint that it's almost a distraction instead of a help.

Also the box that contains quoted text is barely visible to me. Its almost like it's a part of the actual post. I really have to squint to see that it is darker than the post. Contrast in this box really helps as a visual queue to something I've already read, sparks the memory and I can read the reply without having to determine that it actually was a quote and a reply.

The other place I really notice it is on a multi page thread, the page numbers at the bottom of the page. The page you are currently on is ever so slightly darker than the rest of the pages. So slight that I just have to read the "Page X of Y" pulldown just to see where I am.

If these could be darkened up a bit, I think it would be a big improvement to the readability of the pages.

Caveat: I am pretty color blind, so I never know if what I see looks off because it's me or if it really is off. (I can't tell you how many purple things I own because they looked blue when I bought them) But in terms of grey scale I'm usually pretty good. :)

My biggest issue so far is honesty on my end.  I'm just having trouble absorbing what I'm seeing.  

The old version I could fly through in seconds.  I could tell at a glance if I wanted to read something or not.  I could fly through the classifieds a couple times a day to see if there was anything that warranted my attention.  

This new version: All the functions work and are easy to understand I just can't can't process what I am seeing.  It really brings out my inner 'tard.  I click the 'unread content' button and I feel like Homer reading a nuclear reactor operation manual.  

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

My biggest issue so far is honesty on my end.  I'm just having trouble absorbing what I'm seeing.  

The old version I could fly through in seconds.  I could tell at a glance if I wanted to read something or not.  I could fly through the classifieds a couple times a day to see if there was anything that warranted my attention.  

This new version: All the functions work and are easy to understand I just can't can't process what I am seeing.  It really brings out my inner 'tard.  I click the 'unread content' button and I feel like Homer reading a nuclear reactor operation manual.  

Have you tried clicking the square button at the top right to condense the unread content? That helps me to see more post topics at once

• Administrator

Is the contrast any better right now?  I've darkened some of the background and added some shading.

I have a whole other Theme that I am working on behind the scenes but am not ready to release it just yet.  But the changes I made this morning *should* provide some relief to those wanting more contrast around the various bits and pieces of the forum.

• Like 3
  • Authorized Vendor
32 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Is the contrast any better right now?  I've darkened some of the background and added some shading.

I have a whole other Theme that I am working on behind the scenes but am not ready to release it just yet.  But the changes I made this morning *should* provide some relief to those wanting more contrast around the various bits and pieces of the forum.

Yes it is....thank you. :thumbs:

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

10-4. Seems much easier on my aged eyes...lol.

13 hours ago, TGO David said:

The definition between posts is perfect and that made it 10 times easier for me to read. Maybe it's just my monitor, but I still can barely detect any shading in the quote box. The quote text is italicized, and slightly dimmed, so that does help a bit, but still if the background of the quotes could be darkened up just a touch, I think that would help.

Overall, though, I really like what you've done with the place :)

• Administrator

Here, try this out.  It is still a work in progress and may change a little (or a lot) before I am really happy with it, but let me know what you think.

At the bottom right of the screen click the link that says "Theme" and change it to the one called "TGO Darker".

tgo_changetheme.jpg

• Like 6