Cascades Mall shooting in Seattle area

TGO David

27 minutes ago, JWC said:

Just another Hispanic from Turkey...

Arcan Cetin but he goes by Bubba Larry Gonzalez.

He does kinda look Hispanic though. http://q13fox.com/2016/09/24/cascade-mall-shooting-suspect-in-custody/

Yeah, Turks don't always look like the classic Middle Eastern typeset.  Very easy to see how he was mistaken for Hispanic in all the bedlam.  Hell, even if they had a clear unstressed look at him, the same info might have come out.

Now we get to see if it's a ISIS inspired attack, or just another mentally unstable kid who took it out on a crowd.

First off...Kudos to TGO David on a Good Call!

As other's have noted, it wasn't a great stretch to think he was of Arab descent. Ockham's Razor applies..."if you hear hoofbeats...."

Guess we'll just wait and see which way the narrative goes on this. But there probably won't be any great surprises there either...

4 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

Just goes to show you how wrong speculation can be....especially when the left leaning media decides to throw something out there trying to politically correct. The days of reporting just the facts are long gone.

I don't see it as speculation to report the description police got from witnesses.  Can you look at that guy's pics and say that identifying him as Hispanic is some kind of conspiracy, and not an understandable mistake?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I don't see it as speculation to report the description police got from witnesses.  Can you look at that guy's pics and say that identifying him as Hispanic is some kind of conspiracy, and not an understandable mistake?

In light of recent current events? YES!

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Oh come on.  The way they found this ####bag is that a victim's mother saw the photo, knew immediately who he was, and put the police onto him.  The police knew from pretty much "GO" that this guy wasn't Hispanic but the media and bureaucrats practically tripped over their dicks to prostrate themselves before the Arabic population and stick to the narrative that Muslim killers aren't killing people in the United States. 

Calling him Hispanic was a bull$%!t detour from calling him Middle Eastern, because... Hispanics look like Middle Easterners to NO ONE who has been around either of them.  The only way the BOLO could have been more absurd would have been for the police and media to have said, "We are on the lookout for a guy.  He's not white.  He's not black.  He's certainly not Asian.  Any of you swarthy races... we're not saying he was one of you but we're not saying he isn't!"

And EVERYONE knows that those damn pesky Hispanics have been on a global tear lately, killing people, terrorizing people, blowing #### up, etc. to satisfy the commands of their pedophile prophet, Salazar "Don't Call Me Mohammed" Con Queso El Diablo.  Right?  I mean, we all know that, RIGHT?  It makes perfect sense, right?  Hey cops, call off the search for any Middle Easterners carrying rifles down the street and start tossing every Taco Truck you see!

Seriously, dude, I can count on you coming into just about any thread and taking a middle-to-left bearing on whatever is being said.  I get it.  That's your shtick and frankly I am glad you do because it keeps folks on their toes and you don't give people a hall-pass to regurgitate the Fox News narrative.  But really, you looked at that photo and thought anything other than, "Goat F'ker" ?

• Like 12
12 hours ago, Omega said:

So color me judgmental but this photo appears that Arcan has exercised his right to partake of the Washington state legal recreational marijuana.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TGO David said:

Oh come on.  The way they found this ####bag is that a victim's mother saw the photo, knew immediately who he was, and put the police onto him.  The police knew from pretty much "GO" that this guy wasn't Hispanic but the media and bureaucrats practically tripped over their dicks to prostrate themselves before the Arabic population and stick to the narrative that Muslim killers aren't killing people in the United States. 

Calling him Hispanic was a bull$%!t detour from calling him Middle Eastern, because... Hispanics look like Middle Easterners to NO ONE who has been around either of them.  The only way the BOLO could have been more absurd would have been for the police and media to have said, "We are on the lookout for a guy.  He's not white.  He's not black.  He's certainly not Asian.  Any of you swarthy races... we're not saying he was one of you but we're not saying he isn't!"

And EVERYONE knows that those damn pesky Hispanics have been on a global tear lately, killing people, terrorizing people, blowing #### up, etc. to satisfy the commands of their pedophile prophet, Salazar "Don't Call Me Mohammed" Con Queso El Diablo.  Right?  I mean, we all know that, RIGHT?  It makes perfect sense, right?  Hey cops, call off the search for any Middle Easterners carrying rifles down the street and start tossing every Taco Truck you see!

Seriously, dude, I can count on you coming into just about any thread and taking a middle-to-left bearing on whatever is being said.  I get it.  That's your shtick and frankly I am glad you do because it keeps folks on their toes and you don't give people a hall-pass to regurgitate the Fox News narrative.  But really, you looked at that photo and thought anything other than, "Goat F'ker" ?

I looked at the photo you posted in the beginning of the thread and didn't know what his ethnicity was.  Really.  It was inclusive as a lot of surveillance camera footage can be.  You got it wrong too when you said he "looks like a young Arabic male."  Turns out he was Turkish. 

As to the BOLO for Hispanic male...the media put out what law enforcement said.  No conspiracy there. 

Will they talk about his ethnicity now that he's been caught?  Guess we'll see.  American could use the lesson on what the difference is between a Turkish Muslim, Arab Muslim, Kurdish Muslim, Persian Muslim.  Everyone's mind went to Arab, but they're not interchangeable terms. 

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
9 hours ago, btq96r said:

No...I look at it and have no idea where the hell that loser is from. My first guess would have been middle eastern but it would only have been a guess. That would have been politically incorrect or made me and Islamophobe. So I can see why the speculated that the dude was Hispanic. I mean after all...the malls are crawling with Hispanic terrorists. Safe guess on their part....at least they didn't offend the moooslims.

10 hours ago, btq96r said:

Do you have your resume in for consideration as press secretary in the Hillary administration? You will make a great press secretary, even better than Josh Earnest.

1 hour ago, btq96r said:

Will they talk about his ethnicity now that he's been caught?  Guess we'll see.  American could use the lesson on what the difference is between a Turkish Muslim, Arab Muslim, Kurdish Muslim, Persian Muslim.  Everyone's mind went to Arab, but they're not interchangeable terms. 

I honestly don't give a rat's behind about the different flavors of muslim. Terrorist from the middle east works for me.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, btq96r said:

I looked at the photo you posted in the beginning of the thread and didn't know what his ethnicity was.  Really.  It was inclusive as a lot of surveillance camera footage can be.  You got it wrong too when you said he "looks like a young Arabic male."  Turns out he was Turkish. 

As to the BOLO for Hispanic male...the media put out what law enforcement said.  No conspiracy there. 

Apparently not, MSMBC did not mention anything about his ethnicity last night on the 10PM (actually closer to 11) news.  Even though it had been known since practically the get go.  No, there is something going on; may not be a conspiracy per se, but the news media is definitely not being as forthcoming as they should be. 

On 9/24/2016 at 8:02 AM, TGO David said:

I hear what you're saying about profiling, but folks have really let the leftists turn that into a bad word.  We all profile, and we are all profiled.  It's a viable, valuable tool.  But I digress! :)

Well, as long as you are digressing...

I think I have shared this, before but shortly after 9/11 I was standing in line at a book store and an Arabic gentleman was in line behind me.  A 'white' guy who obviously knew him came over and started talking to him, asking him if he had experienced 'profiling' as the Arabic gentleman apparently traveled a lot.  The Arabic gentleman's reply was priceless (paraphrasing but this is pretty close to his actual words), "Well, honestly yes, to some degree.  But people have to realize that those maniacs who flew those planes into buildings looked like me.  People also have to realize that it is most likely that anyone else who is going to try it will look like me.  It doesn't make any sense to concentrate the search on white guys or women or whatever when the most likely attacker will look like me.  So if the little extra hassle of being pulled aside more often because the most likely attacker will look like me means not getting my ass blown up in midair then I am all for it!"

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, btq96r said:

They all have two things in common.....they're muslim, and they're killing us. I don't give a whit which country one hails from.

If you can convey to us how to tell at a glance which ones are prone to murder Americans and which ones aren't, I'm all ears. Short of that, I don't care to know much more about them.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2