Nashville Hot Chicken@Publix

Will

3 hours ago, BigK said:

yes please!!!

I've also had it smoked too.

A big yes for me! Love fried bologna anyway. The garlic just makes it better! 

Eggs and fried bologna make a great meal! Might send BP upa few points though.

• Like 2

I like fried bologna and have since I was a kid. Never tried it with garlic. I need to add that to my shopping list. I don't know if anyone has ever grilled bologna but it is really good. Thing is you need to get at least 1/2 a stick or more of butchers bologna and slice it into slices about as thick as a hamburger so you can put it on a burger bun and build it like you would a hamburger. Mustard, ketchup, tomato, lettuce or what ever. I like to put a slice of cheese on mine and build from there. You grill the bologna till it's brown on both sides. I made it for my kids when they were growing up and they liked it better the burgers.

• Like 3
Just now, bersaguy said:

I like fried bologna and have since I was a kid. Never tried it with garlic. I need to add that to my shopping list. I don't know if anyone has ever grilled bologna but it is really good. Thing is you need to get at least 1/2 a stick or more of butchers bologna and slice it into slices about as thick as a hamburger so you can put it on a burger bun and build it like you would a hamburger. Mustard, ketchup, tomato, lettuce or what ever. I like to put a slice of cheese on mine and build from there. You grill the bologna till it's brown on both sides. I made it for my kids when they were growing up and they liked it better the burgers.

Foot note: You can get the butcher to slice it for you also.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Now, take those slices, put them in the slow cooker with smoke, add a dry rub or wet sauce and BAM BBQ bologna. 

I might be able to add the dry rub to it before I grill it and see if I get a BBQ flavor.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Will said:

If ya like Bologna and not tried Tex's  on Foster Av. Nashville you missed the boat.  BBQ  Bologna served in big chunks,big selection of sides.

I used to work right over on Fessler's Ln. We used to go there a lot. Great food.

Only had Princes in Nashville 8 years ago, my wife brought me Publics hot chicken today for supper it was very good but can't compare to Princes because of time but didn't seem as hot as what I remember the low end of hot at princess. I'll definitely have it again, actually tomorrow because the wife bought plenty for left overs for lunch.

Nice to have options.

Went by my local Publix the other day and saw no Nashville Hot Chicken, so I called them today (connected to the deli dept.) and asked if they had it and they said yes but it sells out fast when they put it in the case.  They said I could order some and they’ll make it, be ready in about 30 minutes.  So I gave them my name, and when I arrived about 45 minutes later they were waiting for me at the “Pick Up” counter at the front of the store. They don’t always have bone-in or wings available but it sounds like they can do boneless tenders whenever you want them.   They’re great but be warned it ain’t cheap…12 tenders were $30, but they are pretty big. 
Thanks to @Will for sharing this discovery. 

• Like 1
On 4/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Snaveba said:

Back when there was a Bolton’s on 8th, I would dig into some spicy whole wings. Sadly, it closed and the wings at the location in East Nasty are not as good. 

Not sure anything is here.