Special Session Aug.21

After a conversation with a person in the know yesterday,this could turn into a mess.  Intel is that a "person and two anti 2A groups have funded two million so far to have a big showdown in Nashville. Antifa will do their armed security and protesters will be bussed and flown in and paid for this event. If you were going be aware.  Hope it can be kept under control and nothing bad happens.  

• Wow 1

I noticed this morning the local news is doing their part to push the propaganda leading up to it. If one didn't know better he'd think August is mental health awareness month ( its not )

I don't see this going well for gun owners 😞

• Like 1

The simple fact is those on our side don't have the motivation to match them at their own game.  Say what you want, but they walk the walk and we just do a lot of talking.

They have the media to help protect them, but at the end of the day, so long as we sit at home we get what we get.   I am not saying I am going to go and protest either, just pointing out the facts.  It just isn't as important for most as they like to make it out to be.

On the other side and as I have said for a long time.  I don't really care about what they do because I am going to live by my own rules regardless.  If they eventually come with consequences so be it.

• Like 3

Let 'em fuss and cuss out in the streets. It just makes them look bad. If they actually try to riot, I hope MNPD and State Troopers are ready for them. This ain't up north. Let's hope they learn that the hard way. 😵

I believe Red Flag is pretty much dead. The current talk seems to focus on help for the mentally ill and  strengthening background checks. That could be either good or bad. Depends on just what they pass. 🙄

50 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Let 'em fuss and cuss out in the streets. It just makes them look bad. If they actually try to riot, I hope MNPD and State Troopers are ready for them. This ain't up north. Let's hope they learn that the hard way. 😵

I believe Red Flag is pretty much dead. 

Dream on.  This is Nashville.  They will help them do their bidding in the city. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DL126 said:

Here is what I submitted.....Red Flag Laws are arguably unconstitutional. You should never be able to have your property seized without legal due process in court. Unless strong  safeguards are put in place to keep people from frivolously using the red flag law as a means of harassing gun owners, this will end up being the "angry ex girlfriend law". NO RED FLAG LAWS ! 

• Like 6
On 8/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, krunchnik said:

I think we need to take their 1st Amendment rights away-

After all they are trying to eradicate the 2nd-

So why not all rights-idiots-

If we can't shoot they can't talk or protest-

One might argue that the 1st is gone already.  Ask DJT.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Where can you read these ? I can't find a link that takes me to where all the comments are posted.

I don't know if that's possible.
I think this is kinda along the lines of just voicing your concerns to whoever is reading on the .gov end.

I suppose that whatever one writes could come up again during possible future prosecution procedures.
Therefore, I'd recommend commenting with that in mind.
</TightensTinfoilHat>

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, DL126 said:

I don't know if that's possible.
I think this is kinda along the lines of just voicing your concerns to whoever is reading on the .gov end.

I suppose that whatever one writes could come up again during possible future prosecution procedures.
Therefore, I'd recommend commenting with that in mind.
</TightensTinfoilHat>

Anything I do nowadays concerning technology I do so assuming it will be filed away in a server somewhere ready to be used against me in the future. I think that should be SOP if you use anything attached to the net. My comments were directed more toward the politicians wanting to commit political suicide and less about the legal standing of that law, or lack thereof.

I was just curious to see the demographics of the comments being left to see if they are split where I think they are OR if they are as my local hoghead liberal politician stated "80% of the states population wants RFL" . They love to take polls outside welfare offices and disability claims centers and then report back how outraged and fed up the population is with a BIG % supporting their findings.

Edited to add, It's worth noting as of this morning the local news is reporting Lee doesn't have the votes or support to get any traction on a RFL. Even LT. Gov McNally said he doubts it will even be mentioned during this special session. Which begs the question of why they are having it to begin with.

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Anything I do nowadays concerning technology I do so assuming it will be filed away in a server somewhere ready to be used against me in the future. I think that should be SOP if you use anything attached to the net. My comments were directed more toward the politicians wanting to commit political suicide and less about the legal standing of that law, or lack thereof.

I was just curious to see the demographics of the comments being left to see if they are split where I think they are OR if they are as my local hoghead liberal politician stated "80% of the states population wants RFL" . They love to take polls outside welfare offices and disability claims centers and then report back how outraged and fed up the population is with a large number supporting their findings.

Wise

As a friend once stated to me ... "Anytime someone uses a percentage, they are hiding the real numbers."
And IME, this will almost always be true. (Regardless of the context.)
example .... My gross income was 75% above last year's.
This could be awesome if last year's was 6+ figures.
But what if it was $999.00? (Not so awesome)
And what if it took 98% of that 75% increase to meet demand?
It's all about data manipulation.

• Like 2

Hey I wanted to jump back in here and give you another example of where some of that data comes from.

I have a neighbor lady who is retired, and has health problems so is primarily home bound.
So she has a lotta xtra time on her hands.
Somehow or another, she got hooked up with some online company that PAYS her to take surveys.
According to her description, they're usually 5-20 questions on wildly varying topics and she'll get paid $5-10 per survey.
She said that every once in a while she'll get one that might be a few pages long and they'll pay her $20.

Now this is conjecture on my part, but I expect that the company then compiles the data and sells it to the highest bidder.
What are the implications of this?
Well one is that if I wanna pass some kinda rule/law, I can call this company up and buy pre-compiled data.
With not a damn clue who took that survey ... but it's irrelevant.
80% of the people in this survey want RFL's! (See ... easy peasy!)
If I wanted it to say that 80% DON'T want RFL's, and I'm the company with the data, I can change which surveys are included in said data.

It's all a big scam folks.
<\TinfoilTighterStill>

Edited by DL126
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, DL126 said:

Hey I wanted to jump back in here and give you another example of where some of that data comes from.

I have a neighbor lady who is retired, and has health problems so is primarily home bound.
So she has a lotta xtra time on her hands.
Somehow or another, she got hooked up with some online company that PAYS her to take surveys.
According to her description, they're usually 5-20 questions on wildly varying topics and she'll get paid $5-10 per survey.
She said that every once in a while she'll get one that might be a few pages long and they'll pay her $20.

Now this is conjecture on my part, but I expect that the company then compiles the data and sells it to the highest bidder.
What are the implications of this?
Well one is that if I wanna pass some kinda rule/law, I can call this company up and buy pre-compiled data.
With not a damn clue who took that survey ... but it's irrelevant.
80% of the people in this survey want RFL's! (See ... easy peasy!)
If I wanted it to say that 80% DON'T want RFL's, and I'm the company with the data, I can change which surveys are included in said data.

It's all a big scam folks.
<\TinfoilTighterStill>

Those surveys have been used for many years.  It is easy to target the audience to get the needed results for whatever BS is being pushed/sold.  The scary part is many people know this but will swallow the data hook, line, and sinker.  History continues to prove we have learned nothing.

• Like 1

A lot of the polling that helped support the special session was done very close to the Covenant shooting.  Those feelings have cooled off a good bit for the general public.   So, there might not be the support for red flag laws as you might think, and I'm be shocked if assault weapons got serious traction beyond some discussion under formal rules of order. 

But please remember, those who post here and have feelings like you and I are the underwhelming minority.  Even those who aren't ardent anti-gun types likely have no loyalties or sympathies for gun rights, so don't expect them to take up the cause for us.  Just have to hope those elected hold a line when it comes time to vote for legislation.

• Like 2

Surveys and studies are easy to rig. Limit the number of responses, target the people allowed to respond and carefully word the questions. The classic example is "Do you still beat your wife?" with only a yes or no answer choice. 

The vast majority of studies are focused on finding proof of a forgone conclusion. They already know the answer they want, but need statistics and data to back it up. An open study without a predetermined answer is a rare thing indeed. If you doubt the validity of a survey or study, follow the money. See who paid to have it done. 

GEcRYeN.jpg

• Like 1