Just something I feel is important

Alleycat72

27 minutes ago, jpx2rk said:

I usually end up making someone (wifey) po'd at me more than I make her smile.  I need to work on that some more.  🫣

I’ve quite a knack for that as well. I guess I make people feel better about themselves after meeting me. That’s something I reckon.

• Like 2

I have to do funny. I landed my wife almost 25 years ago because I could make her laugh. It really makes up for that whole "lack of handsome" thing. Man did I fool her....

Jokes aside (pun intended), the world has enough problems. A bit of joy or a bad dad joke can really break the tension sometimes.

• Like 2

My Wife is better at it than I am. One of the times my Wife was getting $0.25 gas, she had a lady in her 80s pull up next to her. My Wife asked her if she minded if she filled up her tank for her. It costs us almost nothing,  but we were happy for days talking about how that affected the lady. A random stranger just made her day and gave her a great story to tell. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, peejman said:

Y'all have suggestions? Our house could use some levity these days. My wife would likely say I'm the least funny person she knows. 

Get out of the shower, put on your socks and shoes, nothing else, and parade around the house. I guarantee she’ll laugh!

if she doesn’t, ask her if your shoes match your outfit. If she doesn’t laugh the , pack your bags I reckon.

Do not do this if you have company!!!

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
37 minutes ago, peejman said:

Y'all have suggestions? Our house could use some levity these days. My wife would likely say I'm the least funny person she knows. 

I have a unique work schedule, but..... If you're Wife usually does the cooking, have supper ready for her. Get the house clean. Get flowers. Take her lunch to work. Take a day off work to do something she needs to do. Tell her how important she is to you. Do a bunch of stuff with the kids.......all day.......away from her. I insist my Wife go to dinner with her friends at least once a month. I have insisted she get a massage from a lady that's local. I listen to her. I watch the kids when she wants to go to Bell buckle. I make a fool of myself just so the whole family gets a laugh. I take her single mother on vacation with us without my Wife asking. I take care of business when she's doing things the law says she can't tell me about. I tell her when the day was a bad day so she knows not to ask what happened or what I had to do that day. I listen to her when she finally gets to tell me what she's been dealing with. I scratch her back. I try and fail to be a good father, but I continue to try. I go to concerts with our oldest. 

I had a female boss tell me that she was surprised I let my Wife go to church because I wasn't religious.  I told her I didn't have the right to tell my Wife what she could or couldn't believe or do. I don't own my Wife. That boss looked at me like i was a alien. I was treated differently at work after that. My Wife has never once told me what I have to do, believe, or act a certain way. From then on, my boss would bounce ideas off me because I " have a way of seeing things differently than everyone else sees them ". 

Work at finding things that make her happy and get it done. After a while, she'll do the same. It will become a competition and you'll both win.  After a while it becomes normal. Next thing you know,.......25 years have passed and your best friend will be sitting beside you. 

I hope that one day I'll be worthy of my Wife. She agrees with me. LOL

• Love 1
  • Thanks 3

they say a man who can make a woman laugh can maintain the relationship. Don't know how I've kept my dear wife for 20 years, she does NOT get my sense of humor. See @gregintenn's idea, Mrs does get a kick out of that. Otherwise, show her every day that you love her and she's the most important thing in your life.

• Like 2

I hate traveling. My wife loves it, so we compromise. We travel.🤔

Sometimes she prefers traveling without me. She goes with her buddies.👋

I try to do what she wants. Sometimes she doesn’t know what she wants, and I’m a dumb azz, so that part is difficult.

She’ll jump on my bike and ride wherever I want to go. I don’t know if she actually enjoys that, or she’s just trying to make me happy. Either way, it works.

Somehow, we make it work.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

She’ll jump on my bike and ride wherever I want to go. I don’t know if she actually enjoys that, or she’s just trying to make me happy. Either way, it works.

She is keeping an eye on you!

5 hours ago, gregintenn said:

2PFBPhW.jpg

I AM smiling, dammit!😆

I ahve seen this face, he is smiling.

3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Get out of the shower, put on your socks and shoes, nothing else, and parade around the house. I guarantee she’ll laugh!

I did this the other day, going into the shower, stopped in the kitchen to watch TV, she busted up good.