Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger dead at 100!

The Legion

• Admin Team
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

Really? I'd think that a liberal like you would love Kissinger.

How do you figure?

Kissinger was hard to classify into any one particular bucket - but he was a conservative's conservative.

I know some Vietnam vets who would argue that his fingerprint was on every death in SE Asia between 1968 and 1975.  I think that's a stretch on some levels - but I see how they get there - and I'm not about to second guess them on their lived experience.

Augusto Pinochet on the other hand - I think you can reasonably put every one of the 40,000 Chileans who were disappeared under the Pinochet regime at Kissinger's feet.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

Really? I'd think that a liberal like you would love Kissinger.

This statement simply verifies that you know nothing about me, and you simply reply out of anger to everything I post , because you’re miserable and probably hate yourself. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

This statement simply verifies that you know nothing about me, and you simply reply out of anger to everything I post , because you’re miserable and probably hate yourself. 

He sure does seem angry lately. I was going to suggest some Delta8 gummies to help calm him down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/1/2023 at 2:10 PM, Links2k said:

Um, no, but a nice.... Aw, who am I kidding? It was a lame theory that you came up with here. Try again.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:40 PM, MacGyver said:

How do you figure?

Kissinger was hard to classify into any one particular bucket - but he was a conservative's conservative.

I know some Vietnam vets who would argue that his fingerprint was on every death in SE Asia between 1968 and 1975.  I think that's a stretch on some levels - but I see how they get there - and I'm not about to second guess them on their lived experience.

Augusto Pinochet on the other hand - I think you can reasonably put every one of the 40,000 Chileans who were disappeared under the Pinochet regime at Kissinger's feet.

Kissinger marched to his own tune. Some of his beliefs were conservative, and some were liberal.

On 12/1/2023 at 3:37 PM, Erik88 said:

He sure does seem angry lately. I was going to suggest some Delta8 gummies to help calm him down. 

You mean the Delta-8 that you fussed about being legal in Tennessee not too long ago?

No, I'm not angry at all. It's pretty simple: I just tend to not let peoples' Bull 💩 posts go unchallenged.

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Links2k said:

I’m just responding 

This is a general warning to multiple parties here. Not specifically directed at you. 

So to anyone reading this thread, if you read that guidance and think it may be directed at you, it is. If you think it is only directed at you, it ain’t. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

We've got a handful of Vietnam vets on this forum.

I'd be so interested in hearing any of their perspectives to the extent they're comfortable sharing.

I can't write anything except he was the reason we were there so long instead of trying to get us out sooner and was the reason for the mess in Saigon when we were trying to get out.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

FYI some posts have been hidden that became way off topic. Posts that become personal attacks will not be tolerated. We do have the political forum that allows more leeway but there are limits even in that forum. 

Edited by TripleGGG
  • Like 4