Must watch movie/television recommendations & interesting shows

Links2k

• 2 weeks later...

True Detective Season 1.  I don’t know how I didn’t watch it when it first came out (2014).   Seasons 2 and 3 weren’t as good.  Just started season 4.  I have heard good things about it.  

Each season is different stories and different actors.  

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

True Detective Season 1.  I don’t know how I didn’t watch it when it first came out (2014).   Seasons 2 and 3 weren’t as good.  Just started season 4.  I have heard good things about it.  

Each season is different stories and different actors.  

Season 1 was awesome.  I gave up midway through season 2.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I recently won movie tickets from the local radio station and now there's finally something that looks worthwhile.  

Movie tickets like a theater?  I assumed this was yet another epic that is only going to be available with some type of streaming subscription.  Cool.

1 minute ago, Garufa said:

Movie tickets like a theater?  I assumed this was yet another epic that is only going to be available with some type of streaming subscription.  Cool.

I did too, but I saw today that it is actually supposed to be in theaters.  I'll save $50 lol

Edited by deerslayer
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Two parter. June and August. 

Apparently they are remaking "The Crow"..... 

As a teenager, I felt like the original was... fine... it wasn't great, it wasn't awful. Going back now it's very high on the cringe meter, but it was at least an interesting movie. But I can't help feeling like this movie doesn't need to happen.

Again, I don't feel like the original movie was some national treasure or anything, but Hollywood just can't leave anything alone, let alone come up with an original idea. Pennywise with a mullet... I think I'm probably gonna pass.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340094/mediaviewer/rm445007361/

• Wow 1
18 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Apparently they are remaking "The Crow"..... 

As a teenager, I felt like the original was... fine... it wasn't great, it wasn't awful. Going back now it's very high on the cringe meter, but it was at least an interesting movie. But I can't help feeling like this movie doesn't need to happen.

Again, I don't feel like the original movie was some national treasure or anything, but Hollywood just can't leave anything alone, let alone come up with an original idea. Pennywise with a mullet... I think I'm probably gonna pass.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340094/mediaviewer/rm445007361/

There was the Crow with the late Brandon Lee, then there has been terrible sh!t with that name thereafter.

And if you are a fan of the Naked Gun series that Leslie Nielsen made famous then get ready for it to be revived. Slated for 2025 it's #4 of the series with........wait for it........this liberal f**k playing the lead..in a movie with gun in the title 🙄

liam.jpg

7 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

There was the Crow with the late Brandon Lee, then there has been terrible sh!t with that name thereafter.

And if you are a fan of the Naked Gun series that Leslie Nielsen made famous then get ready for it to be revived. Slated for 2025 it's #4 of the series with........wait for it........this liberal f**k playing the lead..in a movie with gun in the title 🙄

liam.jpg

The 2024 The Crow is a remake of the Brandon Lee film with the same character names. I'm sure that's where the similarities end.

I hadn't heard about a Naked Gun remake. Even attempting this is an abomination. Maybe they are trying to play off Leslie Nielsen with Liam Nesson?

Next up, Airplane 2024 starring John Legend as the captain. Amy Schumer as Elaine, Mark Ruffalo as Ted Striker and special guest appearance Meryl Streep as Otto the inflatable pilot.

*edit* Oh dear lord, I just realized that would mean there's an "inflation" scene with Schumer and Streep. Nope, i take the joke back. I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!!!

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

I've watched the first 2 episodes of the newly worked and released "Shogun" on Hulu.

It's darker and grittier than the original 1980's mini-series based on James Clavell's book.

It looks like it's got some potential.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788316/

I want to watch this as well.  I will probably wait until I can either binge watch it, or at least watch an episode every night. 

1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

I want to watch this as well.  I will probably wait until I can either binge watch it, or at least watch an episode every night. 

Yeah, I kinda stumble on it and ,of course, watched the first 2 in spite of myself...

I have hope. But frequently that ends in disappointment. Keeping my fingers crossed this will be different.

On 2/27/2024 at 5:45 PM, Chucktshoes said:

This trailer gave me chills. I’m 1000% in for them. 

So it's two movies according to the trailer. Both with set dates. Interesting.

I think Costner is like 30 years older than sienna miller. That's a bit creepy tbh. But, that's Hollywood.

I couldn't believe I somehow missed Sicario. So I was REALLY excited to watch it. It was awesome, but when I got to the end, I realized the famous border scene was missing. That's when I realized I watched the 2nd one first by mistake. So, I got excited all over again to watch the original, which was also great, but I actually liked the 2nd one more.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, BigK said:

I couldn't believe I somehow missed Sicario. So I was REALLY excited to watch it. It was awesome, but when I got to the end, I realized the famous border scene was missing. That's when I realized I watched the 2nd one first by mistake. So, I got excited all over again to watch the original, which was also great, but I actually liked the 2nd one more.

I mean, it guess it's not evident. It's not like it's called Sicario 2

• Haha 2