Things the next generation simply won't understand

7 minutes ago, Wheelgunner said:

Oh man, more importantly... they won't know how aggravating it is when someone asks you for a cigarette and then immediately after you give him one, asks you for a light. 

"you want me to kick you in the tail to get you jump started?"

• Like 2

When I was growing up, my Grandparents still had a pipe well with a rope and bucket and used an outhouse. Kids today wouldn't even know what the Sears catalog was for. 🙄

aESVNWJS.jpg

And you had these for night use. 😉

CxY0hpA.jpg

A  millennial would absolutely freak out if they had to use these! 😵

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Old dudes have been saying this about every generation behind them since the beginning of time. Including yours. 👍

They weren't saying this as they would just lay their hands on you for a little re-alignment when necessary.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

IMG_0433.thumb.png.f039081db8fc4a8578c229df7188bb19.png

I got lucky because my grandfather never made me cut tobacco. But I did spend a lot of time picking strawberry's and almost every weekend I sat on the tailgate of my poppa's truck at the farmers market. Sure wish I had that farm! Now it's a sub division....

• Like 1

You had to grow up during a very specific time to be faced with this now very obsolete concept. Reaching the nearest pay phone while out and about on your bike when your parents paged you. I had 10 minutes to return the page and knew where every friends house or pay phone was within the area that I roamed about on my bicycle. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

I sold a lot of that stuff when I worked at TSC.  We always loved auction day.  The farmers would come in with big wads of cash.

That's very much alive in this area. A lot of times Amish come to farm auctions with wads in each pocket. Digital currency my arse 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1