Springfield Fans

ftncityfatboy

Another thread was recently started on your "go to" gun. It quickly became the Glock fan thread. SOOOOO, this one is for all the Springfield owners who love and adore those pistols. I for one would not give mine up for a Glock or anything else. Mine are: Springfield XD9 4" Service model, XD9SC, 1911 Champion .45 ACP.....

What are yours?:tinfoil:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johnsuttontn

Mine is a Springfield 1911 Loaded. I do however use a Glock as an everyday carry. Sorry. My fav is the Springer 1911 though. It is just much heavier than the Glock 23.

Springers have been around forever. The XD is a great gun also. I have owned 2 before. They arent made buy Springfield though, just Imported buy them.

This will have to be a 1911 thread; because Springfield doesn’t make XD’s.

They do however make some good 1911’s.

:)

ok so let's clarify: It doesn't have to be made by Springfield, just bear the Springfield name. Rifle, pistol, whatever, my point was that the other thread was all about Glocks it seemed so I thought this one could be all about Springfields. Whether imported by or made by, SPRINGFIELD is what this thread is about. So there...........

Let's see... I have had 3 XD's, 2 Champions, and 1 Compact. Currently I am running a stainless Champion. Yeah I kind of like them things! That having been said, the trigger pull on my currrent Champion was much worse than on one of the Phillipene knockoffs I tried (Rock Island?).

I should have my Springfield Professional in sometime next year. It will be my EDC, and based on all the stinkin' testing it went through to land the FBI contract, it will be my "go to" gun as well.

You and me both, I can't wait for mine, it will share my EDC with my other 1911's

Springfield TRP Black Armory Kote. It doesn't have to be plastic to be 100% reliable :)

DSC00731.jpg

Excellent choice! Love mine, but it's still not broken in well.Tight as a....well, you supply your own metaphor here. But it's a great example of the 1911.

Are Springfield’s made in Brazil? I thought just the frames of some of the lower priced models were?

It's my understanding that all 1911 frames and at least some of parts are made in Brazil.

Also, that some of the lower ended ones were totally assembled there -- don't know how much of all this was/is still done this way.

Rifles, dunno.

- OS

• Administrator
Another thread was recently started on your "go to" gun. It quickly became the Glock fan thread. SOOOOO, this one is for all the Springfield owners who love and adore those pistols.

You know, I never started that thread to be a fan-boy thread. What you need to ask yourself is simply "Why do so many people prefer the Glock 19 when their lives depend on it?"

The thread was and still remains an open question of what a person's go to gun is. That's why I titled it that. If I had wanted it to just be about Glocks I would have included that in the title. It's not my fault that so many people prefer a gun that works. :)

I hate that it always has to turn into a "Glock vs____" debate. The other thread wasn't started for that reason. We were just saying that our go-to gun is the G19.

I guess I'm in the minority because I own both a Glock and XD. I like both, A LOT!! There are things I like about each.

My XD-40 subcomact carries nicely and also acts as my nightstand gun. I have around 800 rounds through it without a single malfunction and I can make tighter groups with my XD than any other gun I have.