Ruger announces the LC9 (LC 9mm) single stack pocket gun

kb4ns

oddly enough how much like the Keltec PF-9 it looks.......take down pin, grip, single stack mag.......

That is pretty much what I was thinking. The similarity was enough to make me think that ripping off KT for the Little Copied Pistol worked so well that Ruger decided to keep the successful trend going. It might be comical if all the gun rag writers didn't fall all over themselves talking about how 'innovative' Ruger's design is while ignoring that the KT version has been out for years.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oddly enough how much like the Keltec PF-9 it looks.......take down pin, grip, single stack mag.......

That is pretty much what I was thinking. The similarity was enough to make me think that ripping off KT for the Little Copied Pistol worked so well that Ruger decided to keep the successful trend going. It might be comical if all the gun rag writers didn't fall all over themselves talking about how 'innovative' Ruger's design is while ignoring that the KT version has been out for years.

Really? Just looks like and LCP to me :shrugs:

That is probably because the PF-9 looks similar to the Kel Tec P3AT that Ruger ripped off for the LCP.

The slide is cut and contoured different,the barrel is different, different grip, different back strap area(where the web of your hand goes), trigger guard is different, controls are different, frame is smaller and better contoured...

The slide is cut and contoured different,the barrel is different, different grip, different back strap area(where the web of your hand goes), trigger guard is different, controls are different, frame is smaller and better contoured...

Look, FCFB thinks he looks like Dana Carvey, so ...

- OS

it only took 3 pages before a disagreement started.. .lol you guys crack me up. I like the gun, I don't see it being a pocket gun for many. It's just another single stack 9mm that will conceal easily and likely shoot well. I think it's more of a competitor to the PPS than the PF9(at least from a quality perspective)

Guest buttonhook

if it stings your hand when you shoot like the KT then it will still not be in the same class as the PPS. With the PPS I can shoot it at the range with out hurting at all. sure it heavier but at least it's for a reason. Now if it is as soft shooting as the walther I def. can see it being a great gun to carry. I'm sure they will sell a crap load either way and it is very interesting either way

IMO the walther is the softest shooting subcompact I've ever fired and that was one reason I bought it...that and how thin it is. it is listed at 1.04" wide but that is the slide release the rest of the gun is well under an inch wide

Edited by buttonhook

Just like the LCP is a refined copy of the P3AT the Ruger is a copy of the PF9. I bet the internals are the same looking at the hammer, the takedown are the same, the trigger is the same, size is the same.... Just becasue they put different makeup on it doesn't change what it is. Only difference is the ruger doesn't have a rail. Which I can't see a reason for anyway.

That being said I like it becasue it will probably feel better in the hand and Kel-tec can't keep up with demand. KT better start suing or getting product out or they may be through in the gun buisness.

Yup.. I see these things selling like hot cakes once released.

Can't wait to see the actual selling price (and the over inflated GB price until hype ends:rolleyes: )

Really? Just looks like an LCP to me :)

I've already been quoted 369.

Just like the LCP is a refined copy of the P3AT the Ruger is a copy of the PF9. I bet the internals are the same looking at the hammer, the takedown are the same, the trigger is the same, size is the same.... Just becasue they put different makeup on it doesn't change what it is. Only difference is the ruger doesn't have a rail. Which I can't see a reason for anyway.

That being said I like it becasue it will probably feel better in the hand and Kel-tec can't keep up with demand. KT better start suing or getting product out or they may be through in the gun buisness.

That was my original thought. They're jumping in Kel-tec's wallet again. The LCP was certainly a big success. Why not go for round 2?

They could be twin brothers/sisters

They look like different animals to me. The P3AT and LCP are almost identical internally. It's hard to make that judgement without seeing an eploded diagram of both, or taking them apart.

Edited by mikegideon
More
This cannot be good for the Sig P290...the Ruger is coming sooner and costs less.

My Thoughts exactly! I have been anxiously waiting for the P290 to hit the shelves however maybe I won't have to wait for a compact 9 now (Kel Tek and Kahr are out for me for various reasons).

Guest Bronker
...Kahr out for me for various reasons...

Other than price, why? Just curious. :fingerright:

I have two Kahr PM9's, both SFSG, but will be very interested in this LC9 as another pocket / BUG option

• Administrator
This cannot be good for the Sig P290...the Ruger is coming sooner and costs less.

Hahaha... Sig has never really cared to compete against anyone on a cost basis, except maybe HK. The Sig will cost more because it's a Sig, and the faithful will pay more for it because it's a Sig. :fingerright:

Personally, I like it. I don't care if it looks like a copy of a KT, or a Khar or whatever. I like the thumb safety, a nice touch. If they get a crimson trace laser for it like the LCP, I will give it a try. I looks like a great addition to Ruger's product portfolio.

A DAO auto-pistol, don't need no stink'n thumb safety, just about as useless as **** on a boarhog. JMO !! Lord help someone when they pull it out and miss the thumb safety and press the trigger when they really need it to fire !!!! REAL stress can cause really serious gun handling errors, and NOT having to hit the thumb safety is one less thing that can go wrong in an already bad situation. That said I'm glad everyone likes different stuff, keeps the world from being boring.