For those of you with Daughters....

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, my list of reasons to not reproduce get longer.

I can see why he'd be angry, I can see threatening the boys. I cannot justify in my mind hitting her, and that's actually a departure for me. Personally, I would have excused the boys, by police if necessary, and refused conversation with the girl as I threw her out of my house. Don't call, don't write, leave, and never come back. If she wants to be a whore, that's her choice, but to disrespect her father's house is not excusable. Forgive her and release her to the world. .....yup, good thing I have no kids.

What can you do in a situation like that?

Most dads might want to scare the crap out of the boys and maybe even kick their ass. The daughter deserves something too, but not this much.

All-in-all, this dad did what many of us might want to do in that situation, if there were no consequences. At least now, we know what might happen, if we do.

From an emotional standpoint his reaction is understandable. From any other standpoint it was an overreaction and he deserves to be convicted of assault and child abuse. If you can't keep your emotions under control you have no business carrying a gun around with you anyway.

Guest WyattEarp

I pray the day I become a father, it's to two or three boys, and no girls. Don't know what I'd do if I came home and my daughter was having a threesome or a foursome in my house....especially at that age.

Guest TresOsos

Seem like dad didn't raise his daughter right and he got pissed about it as well as just another example of the debasement of american morals.

I pray the day I become a father, it's to two or three boys, and no girls. Don't know what I'd do if I came home and my daughter was having a threesome or a foursome in my house....especially at that age.

No girls wanted here either.

• Moderators

I am expecting my first, a girl, in a little over a month. I'll be in jail charged with 2 counts of murder if I ever come home to that. If I don't finish myself off before the cops get there for being such a damned failure as a father.

Guest WyattEarp
Something is askew in his parenting if his daughter is having a threesome.

Dolomite

not necessarily. some fathers do all they can to raise their kids right, and the kids still do what they want, despite their parents guidance and roles as parents.

I don't think indicting his character is appropriate since you don't know the guy, and you don't know how he raises his kids. some kids are just bad apples (look at the 3 siblings who were just on the run from the law in Florida and caught today in Colorado, and their mother was begging and pleading for them to turn themselves in), and it's clear to me the guy cares about his daughter, otherwise he wouldn't be pissed and have flown off the handle although there's certainly a better way to have handled it than he did.

not necessarily. some fathers do all they can to raise their kids right, and the kids still do what they want, despite their parents guidance and roles as parents.

I wish my daughter always acted like I raised her, but she doesn't. Luckily, it's the small stuff, not the big stuff. She gets good grades, hasn't gotten pregnant, isn't doing drugs, and hasn't been caught hosting a threesome, so I count myself lucky.

People are individuals and have their own sense of morality (or lack thereof) and their own degrees of self-control.

I have 3 siblings that were raised under the same influence that I was, yet 2 of those 3 have struggled to do what they learned to be "right" most of the time. One will clearly never learn, but at least the other is finally seeing the light.

Their actions are absolutely NOT a reflection on my parents and the values they tried to instill. I know b/c I have the same values my parents have and cannot see how they could make the decisions they've made.

Edited by BigK

Everyone is assuming that the boys are telling the truth about him brandishing the loaded gun at them. Maybe that's the way it happened but maybe not. I'm not saying he's innocent because obviously he overreacted or there probably wouldn't be charges, but as a father walking in on this, who wouldn't.

I think the fact that the reporter even mentioned that investigators reported he was a HCP holder speaks volumes about the media and law enforcement's thoughts about those who carry.

As far as the guy not raising his daughter right, how many of us would have done the same thing as teenagers if given the chance even tho most of us had caring parents. You can't blame him for kids experimenting unless you expect him to keep her locked in a cage 24/7. I know I did plenty of crap that my parents would have flown off the handle over.

I am the father of two grown daughters. Here's my suggestion: When a boy comes to pick her up you sit him down and say, "I want you to know you are going out with the light of her mother's and my life. Also, I want you to know I don't mind going back to prison". Sets the tone for their evening!!

Guest TresOsos

I don't think indicting his character is appropriate since you don't know the guy, and you don't know how he raises his kids. some kids are just bad apples (look at the 3 siblings who were just on the run from the law in Florida and caught today in Colorado, and their mother was begging and pleading for them to turn themselves in), and it's clear to me the guy cares about his daughter, otherwise he wouldn't be pissed and have flown off the handle although there's certainly a better way to have handled it than he did.

Sorry Wyatt, I'll have to disagree with you, in both cases the parenting went astray somewhere along the way.

However both situations are a very sad reflection on the rapid decay of american civil society.

Wow…. It’s pretty easy for some of you to arm chair quarterback the guys parenting skills. Hope you never have to eat your words.

Cocking a pistol and pointing it at the kid shows that he doesn’t have any business owning or carrying firearms. I’d arrest him for felony aggravated assault, and hope the DA didn’t let him pled to a misdemeanor.

He could always have scared them with a pair of hedge clippers instead of a gun. :D

Who knows what the truth is in situations like these? I wasn't there, so therefore, I will withhold any judgement.

Wow…. It’s pretty easy for some of you to arm chair quarterback the guys parenting skills. Hope you never have to eat your words.

Amen to that! I know good kids that have bad parents and I know GREAT parent who have bad kids. Every kid has their own personality. How many people do we know that have two kids with one of them being straight as an arrow and the other as crooked as a bulls butt sewn up with a logging chain?

I am the father of two grown daughters. Here's my suggestion: When a boy comes to pick her up you sit him down and say, "I want you to know you are going out with the light of her mother's and my life. Also, I want you to know I don't mind going back to prison". Sets the tone for their evening!!

That reminds of the country song (Cleaning my guns)

Being without children I'll make no comment about parenting skills or possible lack thereof. What I will say is that it's behavior like this (assuming it's true) that's going to make it harder for people to get carry permits.

Guest WyattEarp
Sorry Wyatt, I'll have to disagree with you, in both cases the parenting went astray somewhere along the way.

However both situations are a very sad reflection on the rapid decay of american civil society.

I'm curious, but do you have children of your own?

amen to that.

Amen to that! I know good kids that have bad parents and I know GREAT parent who have bad kids. Every kid has their own personality. How many people do we know that have two kids with one of them being straight as an arrow and the other as crooked as a bulls butt sewn up with a logging chain?

x2!!! A former high school friend of mine's parents were good quality parents, and their son (my former friend) ended up in prison for 12 years for 19 DUI's. Some kids just make their own choices. has nothing to do with how they were raised.

Wow! Any of you guys smoke as a teen, have premarital sex, drink? Hey it’s not your fault, it was your bad parents. Typical Liberal thinking. It’s not the kid’s fault, someone else made her do it. I grew up inone of the most F**ked up homes I’ve ever heard of and I’ve never hit my wife or my kid. Growing up it was the norm in my house. All a parent can do is teach their kids the difference between right and wrong and hope they make the right decision. Anyone that doesn’t believe that is a fool.

I am not condoning the fathers actions, he went WAY overboard in how reacted.

His over reaction is probably a clue to problems in his parenting style or possibly in his persoanl life as well. Most parents are probably pretty even tempered like most parents should be but in his case I suspect there has been a long series of over reactions on his part. It is probably his extremes that led the daughter to do what she did or at least think that what she was doing was ok.

Another big problem in society today is parents are handicapped in how they can discipline their children. I am not talking about abusing or beating children.

I am glad I never had a daughter but in raising my son, who is now 19 and entering the military, I tried to never to over react or under react when dealing with him. It is this that has made him react to most situations in a similar way and remaining calm. I also believe that my beliefs had a great influence on how he has lived his life and will live his life.

Dolomite