Your First Car!

Guest Tailguuner762

Guest drwright6

1971 Triumph TR-7...Picked it up in Miami FL for $350 in 1988. It needed a water pump, carpet and seat covers. First car and NO help, it took me over a month to figure out how to get the broken water pump brass cage out of the engine. I was so excited the day it "popped out" that I put it all back together and took off down I95. I made about 20 miles before I realized I didn't put any coolant in it. I sold it with the blown motor for $500 and bought a $200 toyota pickup truck. I was 17 and dumb, but I tried.

my first vehicle was an 88 ford ranger lwb. blue with white 2 tone. the last year of HS I basically took nothing but autoshop so I wound up taking the truck apart and replacing/rebuilding everything I could with the hope that I could drive it for another 4 years throughout college. well turned out, everything I did not replace/rebuild started to go out on me :).

So about 8 months later I decided to buy my first truck which was a 97 f150 (the year ford changed body styles)

In late 1957/early 1958 I got a 1955 Studebaker Commander, 300 HP, 3-speed on the column, 2-door coupe, in yellow with green interior. Added another 2 bbl. carb progressively linked and so it would really get up and go and a Glasspak muffler so it would sound ba....ad. Think I remember it? Wish I still had it!!

1965 Chevelle 300 Post, 283 (220hp) 4bbl, power glide (2spd automatic), 331 posi rear end. Parents ordered it new in '65. Drove it 5 months, swapped in a 375(hp) 327 and a 4 spd. Totaled it a month later. Way too much motor for a 16 year old hot rodder,

1982 Ford Mustang Notchback.

My senior year of highschool I moved to the next town over. I lived just up the street from one of the teachers and the school and I rode back and forth to school with her. Her husband had an old Oldsmobile Omega sitting in the front yard collecting leaves. I was working as a Bagboy at a grocery store in the next town over. I lived in the middle town, worked in the westernmost town and went to school in the easternmost. I had a little money saved up and asked about the Omega. We agreed on a price and I came over one afternoon to run the bugs out of it and get it cleaned up and running.

I wasn't much of a mechanic back then, and after an entire afternoon I could not for the life of me get the thing to run. The old man was a nice enough sort, and knew I had my heart set on driving home. So he said "Well, I have this Mustang behind the house..."

And that started a pretty long love affair with automobiles.

First car, 1941 Chevy. The picture was taken late 1957. A four pointer on the fender. Still have the side arm pictured, High Sentinal 22. Kill was made with a model 94 Winchester 25-35. I had the car equipped for camping, rear seat out and a bed built in, stocked with essential foods for several days. The girls did not like the car at all but it sure was handy

Guess I need to figure out how to post the picture with this new SW.

oldogy

My dad's 1978 Jeep CJ5 with 304 V8. I quickly added headers, side pipes and hung speakers from the roll bar. Great vehicle for the first 6 months until I buried it in the mud next to Douglas lake and sucked mud into the breather and carb. Got rid of the jeep and bought a 1984 Monte Carlo SS blue.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Silver 1989 Eagle Premier 4 Door

It was a cheap ($500) hand me down from my grandfather's brother that I drove for awhile in high school.

Guest dubaholic2

1985 Nissan 720 truck, monkey sh!t brown in color. That truck went through hell for the year or so I had it. I fourwheeled it, raced, wrecked it,... hell I even lost my virginity in it. I'll always remember that old truck.