Which Glock and why?

gjohnsoniv

Glock 17 because I bought a Glock 19 without holding it all that much and it didn't fit my hand well. Make sure you really get a feel for it before you buy one.

With the Glock 19 my pinky finger and ring finger would line up on TOP of the finger groove ridges which made it painful to shoot. I just got rid of mine today. Looking for something else now as a CCW. Wasn't too impressed with Glock. I couldn't shoot it all that accurately. Trigger was weird compared to everything I've shot before. Staying away from stiker fired DAO guns now.

I would go with a Glock 17 because its far more comfortable shooting and its in 9mm - a good all around caliber. Too big though.

I like 9mm because its cheap, easy to find and there is a good variety of range ammo and carry/defense ammo. That said, I've owned the 17, 19 and the 26. I felt the 17 was too big for my hands, just wasn't comfy with the size, although it was a GREAT range gun, I could counter sink nails with it, I was just never comfy wiht the size. I LOVE the size and feel of the 19. It performs great at the range, good weight, good size, my kinda gun. I like my 26. Due to its reduced size, its my primary carry piece. Not as accurate as the 19 or 17 and the short grip takes some getting used to. Pinky extensions on the magazine help. But the 26 disappears under an un-tucked dress shirt and a Don Hume leather JIT holster.

i would get the glock 22 gen4 or rtf2. Its the perfect size for me and even the glock 27 isn't too great to conceal compared to a sig p238 so you might as well get a full sized glock, but not ridiculously long (like the glock 35 gen4). Just my 2 cents. did i mention that most LEOs carry this model... there has to be a reason behind that right?

Guest Kamikaze

No matter which glock you get don't get a 9mm. Buy either the .40 or the .357sig. I say this because for another $220 worth of barrels you can have all 3.

With that said my wife loves her 33. It's hard to beat the baby glocks for CC. My 29sf is due in any day and it's killing me.

• Administrator

Glock 19 or Glock 23 depending on your preference for 9mm or .40SW

The 26 / 27 give up a lot in terms of ergonomics and capacity for hardly any gain in concealability. The 17/22 give up a lot in terms of concealability for hardly any gain in ergonomics or capacity. Just my practical take on the matter.

Guest bkelm18

Though I have resigned myself to the fact that I am never going to like Glocks no matter how many I try, I have owned a 23 and that would be my pick if I had to.

Glock 19 or Glock 23 depending on your preference for 9mm or .40SW

The 26 / 27 give up a lot in terms of ergonomics and capacity for hardly any gain in concealability. The 17/22 give up a lot in terms of concealability for hardly any gain in ergonomics or capacity. Just my practical take on the matter.

Agreed!! Most people buy a 26/27 and make it a 19/23 by the time they put grip extensions on, (I have myself). G23 or G19. You will not go wrong with either.

BluewaterTacticalDefense

Gen 3 19 or 23, due to CCW ease in a duty size pistol. You can always alter the grip. However, if you are interested in setting up one frame for multiple calibers the 23 would be the way to go. With conversion barrels and mags, other calibers and .22 conversions you can fire 9, .40. 357 Sig, .22LR off the same 23 frame and the 3 centerfire calibers using the same slide set-up save maybe changing recoil springs.