so your chillin on a roof top....

Think numbers man. That rifle has high "Manly Factor" but can you shoot that all day? The fatigue would bad. I'm not a big rimfire fan at all but a rooftop zombie kit includes the following

*(2) reasonably accurate, extremely reliable .22 rifles.

*Dozen "bricks" of .22 ammunition

*Coleman cooler with beer, water, some turkey sandwiches, BBQ chips and some twinkies

*A large parasol, or umbrella and some sunscreen

*Solar charged iPod with plenty tunes that make you happy.

• Like 8

Think numbers man. That rifle has high "Manly Factor" but can you shoot that all day? The fatigue would bad. I'm not a big rimfire fan at all but a rooftop zombie kit includes the following

*Coleman cooler with beer, water, some turkey sandwiches, BBQ chips and some twinkies

He said a small horde. Would that take all day?

I like the way you think.

He said a small horde. Would that take all day?

It would if you do it right.

and a small hoard of zombie elephants come strolling by, what kind of HP rifle would you choose to start picking heads off?

here is my pick:

Intervention.jpg

Chambered in .408 CheyTac

Fixed it.

Edited by TMF 18B
  • Like 1

I'm still wondering if a .22LR headshot would take care of the 'undead' type zombies. I think it would depend on whether or not simply damaging the brain is enough or if (as I suspect) the actual brain stem (likely the only part of the brain that would still be in use) has to be seriously damaged or destroyed. If the latter, I question whether a shot to the front or sides of the cranial vault with a .22LR would do the trick reliably and consistently. A shot to the brain stem area probably would but such a shot may not always present itself. That plus my feeling that, depending on the angle, the washed lead bullets in a .22LR might not have enough left after penetrating a zombie skull to do enough damage to the brain to neutralize a member of the undead would make me hesitant to rely on a .22LR for the task (remember, we are talking about shutting down a reanimated corpse, not simply doing enough damage to stop a living organism.)

Personally, given that ammo capacity/the need to reload frequently wouldn't be a factor if I am on a rooftop, I think my Marlin 925M would be an interesting solution if .22LR wouldn't work and if the added power and superior bullet design of the WMR would increase performance enough that it would get the job done. Yes, the .22 Mag is louder than a LR but it still isn't going to be as loud as a high powered rifle plus it is easy to shoot accurately.

Edited by JAB

I'm still wondering if a .22LR headshot would take care of the 'undead' type zombies. I think it would depend on whether or not simply damaging the brain is enough or if (as I suspect) the actual brain stem (likely the only part of the brain that would still be in use) has to be seriously damaged or destroyed. If the latter, I question whether a shot to the front or sides of the cranial vault with a .22LR would do the trick reliably and consistently. A shot to the brain stem area probably would but such a shot may not always present itself. That plus my feeling that, depending on the angle, the washed lead bullets in a .22LR might not have enough left after penetrating a zombie skull to do enough damage to the brain to neutralize a member of the undead would make me hesitant to rely on a .22LR for the task (remember, we are talking about shutting down a reanimated corpse, not simply doing enough damage to stop a living organism.)

Personally, given that ammo capacity/the need to reload frequently wouldn't be a factor if I am on a rooftop, I think my Marlin 925M would be an interesting solution if .22LR wouldn't work and if the added power and superior bullet design of the WMR would increase performance enough that it would get the job done. Yes, the .22 Mag is louder than a LR but it still isn't going to be as loud as a high powered rifle plus it is easy to shoot accurately.

At least in the Walking Dead, caliber doesn't seem to matter much...just about anything driven into the brain cavity seems to take care of the problem :)

Guest Scramasax

My ar in 5.7 would do the trick, Plenty of magazines, bullits with enough power to pierce and scramble the brainpan, low recoil and noise. Add a comfortable chair, rifle rest, cooler, and good Hero sandwiches and you are ready to go. For desert marshmallows an molotovs.

I prefer to use an easy up canopy than an umbrella, more room to relax. Might add a rifle cam for instant replays.

Cheers,

ts

Guest Victor9er

I don't know about the 22LR, with zombies you gotta penetrate that skull otherwise they just keep coming. Shooting from a rooftop means you're doing it from a distance, hopefully a long distance... I'd feel better with something that had a little more "kick" and reach to it.

Maybe something chambered in .308 or 300 blackout with a nice can on the end of it and a quality scope. I agree a lever action would be kinda fun...