You get $1000.00 to spend on guns...now what?

thefinder808

Ok so I'm getting paid for a job next month (if the Lord wills it) and I will have a little "extra" dough that I'm planning on spending on firearms. It'll be about $1000. I need a pocket gun so my first thought was Kahr cm9. I also want a lever gun so I'm pretty set on the Marlin 336. My question to ya'll is if I handed you $1000 under the condition you could only spend it on firearms (no ammo/gear) what would you spend it on? I pretty much know what I'm going to get based on my needs, but what would you guys get based on what you need/want right now? Just for kicks...

TheFinder

P.S. Wasn't sure where to post this, hope it's ok here.

My answer would probably vary from month to month. Right now at least it would probably be another AR build. Even though I shoot rifles much less than handguns, for some reason I just love planning on, researching, and building those damned black lego guns.

Another M&P guy feeling some love for the ugly, eh? :) I have a 19 & 36. I foundled the 30 as well when I bought the 36, and my girlie hands fit the single stack better. The .45 gets carried a lot more. I'm guessing you'll do the same.

Nah, I just don't have any Glocks in my arsenal.

As for the lever gun I’d hold out until I could find a used pre-cross bolt safety Marlin 336 in either 30-30 or 35 Remington.

For a pocket pistol you really need to define the mission in order to really answer this one. Regardless of make a 9mm P pocket pistol is either going to be larger than a Ruger LCP or Kel Tec P3AT as well as being snappier. FWIW I’d consider an S&W Air weight or Ruger LCR in 38 Special or the LCP – P3AT in 380 ACP for affordability and compactness. I'd then spend the left over money on a pocket holster, scope, mounts and rings.