Westboro Baptist Church in Knoxville 10-18-12

wewoapsiak

I searched and didn't see this on here, nor any local news agency.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20121015_Dead-Soldier-Knoxville-TN-Shan-E-Lively.pdf

"Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom & play taps to a fallen fool. This message to be preached in respectful, lawful proximity to the memorial of Spc. Shan E. Lively Thursday, October 18, at 11:15 a.m.

Rose Mortuary, Broadway Chapel 1421 N. Broadway, Knoxville, TN"

What a bunch of no class assholes. Quick to remind everyone that the fallen hero died for their freedom of speech, then use that right to condem him. These "people" make me absolutely sick.

I wish there was a way to peacfully assemble in front of their little circus so the friends and family of the fallen wouldn't hate to see them.

I hope I never have to deal with these a s s clowns ..

How they can even get close enough to be within earshot of anyones funeral is behond me.

I understand the right to free speech and all.. but saying those things at a funeral where someones kid has died is a pretty heinous act in my book.You have to be a pretty messed up individual ..

These people thrive on drama and are just looking for someone to put their hands on them so they can sue them. Has nothing to do with faith anymore..religious nuts is more like it...

• Administrator

I am a very active member in my Baptist church, these baptists do not represent me or my congregration. They should focus their energy on the great commission to up lift the kingdom, not by distorting and warping the church.

They should focus their energy on practicing propper trigger pulling technique with shotguns in their own mouths. A "respectful proximity" to the ceremony would be them, burning in hell.

• Like 2

They should focus their energy on practicing propper trigger pulling technique with shotguns in their own mouths. A "respectful proximity" to the ceremony would be them, burning in hell.

TGO David you said it RIGHT!!!

I have faced these people here outside of base as they protest soldiers funerals, and I've wanted to punch every single one them! They are discusting...and I feel for the families who has to endure such sickness!

Dave S

Guest rebeldrummer

I made it about 5 words into that link before I got ticked off!!

I hope someone busts one or all of them in the mouth while they are here!

I've often wondered why nobody ever forms a protest around their church while they are either out protesting themselves or on any given Sunday. I dunno, maybe they don't even have a church building. Are they just a "church" in name only so that they get special protesting privileges?

They are going to protest at the wrong funeral one time, and some parent of a soldier, or a fallen soldier's buddy is going to snap and take matters into their own hands and the Westboro kooks will return home one day to find their houses burned down. Or worse.

I've often wondered why nobody ever forms a protest around their church while they are either out protesting themselves or on any given Sunday. I dunno, maybe they don't even have a church building. Are they just a "church" in name only so that they get special protesting privileges?

Almost everywhere the westboro baptist church goes, a group pops up to block them now days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06/texas-am-students_n_1653002.html

I am a very active member in my Baptist church, these baptists do not represent me or my congregration. They should focus their energy on the great commission to up lift the kingdom, not by distorting and warping the church.

These bunch of hatemongers are not Christians. The message they preach is not what Christ preached. And yes, they will be judged very harshly for their sins "in the name of Christ."

Matthew 7:22-23

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many[a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Charlie

They are the ITRW Internet trolls. They wake up every day praying that SOMEONE will react violently to their actions, further strengthening their "cause". These people aren't religious nuts...they're just scum who use a religious backdrop to shock others into losing control.

I am very thankful that groups like The Patriot Guard have answered the call of the grieving.

Guest rebeldrummer

i heard that they did NOT show up....possibly were going to try to show up at the funeral? (cannot confirm that)

the news outlets are starting to cover it now though so we should get some updates soon....

there was an AMAZING turn out of people that were going to form a human wall IN FRONT of WBC members to shield the family from them!

I saw a lot of orange in the crowd! i just hope that this man's funeral did/does not turn into a (media) circus.....