Romney Win = Riots

[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1352055894' post='838970']
Well, we all talk about sitting back on a rooftop wasting zombies to a preselected soundtrack. If they are good to their word, we'll get our wish. My only complaints will be all the cleaning I'll have to do on my rifle and all that brass I'll have to pick up, tumble, process and reload. Dangit! I just got caught up on my reloading!!!
[/quote]

I didn't think about a rooftop. The gutters will catch the brass. Thanks!
  • Like 1
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1352049323' post='838909']

From what the Internet said about Memphis, you won't be able to tell that things have descended into anarchy.
[/quote]

Sadly, that's becoming the case. My wife mentioned moving to Florida again and I'm actually considering it. My mom moved to Clearwater about seven years ago.[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352052761' post='838933']

I agree but what leads you to believe they will be cut off anytime soon? It was take a major collapse of some kind before you start to see these programs scaled back. If anything, I expect them to continue to rise.
[/quote]

I can see that happening. The only thing worse are the people they take the benefits and then get in forums and complain about the government providing them.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352057623' post='838993']
I didn't think about a rooftop. The gutters will catch the brass. Thanks!
[/quote]

Well, we've all been procrastinating about cleaning them out. If we clean them out, we can set buckets under the downspouts and use a broom to push them down the holes. Sweet!
[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352052761' post='838933']

I agree but what leads you to believe they will be cut off anytime soon? It was take a major collapse of some kind before you start to see these programs scaled back. If anything, I expect them to continue to rise.[/quote]

It's cheaper at this point to give them an EBT card than to incarcerate them.
[quote name='jcoosi' timestamp='1352057246' post='838987']

I think if you are getting food from the government then it should be distributed as it was in the earlier days.You go down to the local office and picked up your block of cheese,powder milk and whatever else. No card so you can go to the quick mart and get a mountian dew and 2 bags of flaming cheetos[/quote]

A block of cheese and powdered milk can't touch the munchies.
[quote name='Slpeod' timestamp='1352082363' post='839214']

It's cheaper at this point to give them an EBT card than to incarcerate them.
[/quote]

Food Stamp Budget / Cost in 2011 for United States - $71.8 Billion Dollars

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/food_stamps/food_stamp_nation-SNAP.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443847404577631580385950886.html Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1
What those on welfare don't realize is they have given up their dreams and aspirations for what amounts to less than minimum wage. I know I would be pissed if I looked back at what my life had been and realized I had become a slave to the governments will. They are given just enough to keep them from trying.

Dolomite
  • Like 2
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1352118628' post='839310']
What those on welfare don't realize is they have given up their dreams and aspirations for what amounts to less than minimum wage. I know I would be pissed if I looked back at what my life had been and realized I had become a slave to the governments will. They are given just enough to keep them from trying.

Dolomite
[/quote]It's called modern day slavery, Gordon. The government hands out money or services with very little requirement or qualification to keep people off the employment list. Many takers, quite a few criminals and
cheats in there. Money paid out by the government essentially equates to power for those handing it out, wealth redistribution. It's even being paid for with borrowed money with no chance of being repaid. Obama's and other liberals way of "fundamentally transforming our nation" Just one way, though. It started out maybe(I doubt it) with good intentions and morphed into something evil.

And that doesn't include free Obamaphones and other political trickery. Edited by 6.8 AR
[quote name='S&WForty' timestamp='1352143012' post='839455']
We could at least count the number of times each phone went to the polls to vote!!!
[/quote]I was thinking a better name would be "riot stoppers" because you monitor the info being transmitted and viola, riot stopped.
  • Like 1
I could be wrong but I'm thinking the vast majority of the people threatening a riot are a bunch of college age libtard pu$&ys who wouldn't even begin to actually try anything remotely resembling a riot. The rest may actually do something but as others have said they won't even leave outside of a three block radius to the nearest check cashing liquor store.

I'm not at all concerned, we're ready at our house just in case.

I do wish there were some good riots happening actually, a lot of wanna be thug suburban white kids with an "eff the police, anarchy for America, I'm BA" type attitude I'd like to round up and drop off. Love to see how they feel if they make it out.
  • Like 2
I'm preparing for both ends of the spectrum. If Mitt wins, I get to play plinko from my roof top. If Obama wins I have candy and popcorn to eat and plastic to cover my electronics while I watch all of the heads of Obama opponents spontaneously combust.
  • Like 2

[quote name='LINKS2K' timestamp='1352154061' post='839573']
I'm preparing for both ends of the spectrum. If Mitt wins, I get to play plinko from my roof top. If Obama wins I have candy and popcorn to eat and plastic to cover my electronics while I watch all of the heads of Obama opponents spontaneously combust.
[/quote]

Can I have your brass? :)

[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352130478' post='839360']
It's called modern day slavery, Gordon. The government hands out money or services with very little requirement or qualification to keep people off the employment list. Many takers, quite a few criminals and
cheats in there. Money paid out by the government essentially equates to power for those handing it out, wealth redistribution. It's even being paid for with borrowed money with no chance of being repaid. Obama's and other liberals way of "fundamentally transforming our nation" Just one way, though. It started out maybe(I doubt it) with good intentions and morphed into something evil.

And that doesn't include free Obamaphones and other political trickery.
[/quote]

What has happened is that it was given out to some, those who really needed it. And it slowly went from the poor needy people who are actually in need to those who don't need it but just want it and are willing to lie to get it.

It is the entitlement generation that believes they are entitled to the prosperity of those who worked hard before them. I have actually heard one of them say that someone else worked really hard so they didn't have to.

There are several things that need to be done to weed out the fat.

First, require them to take a drug test when they apply and then at least once annually. If you are so poor you need public money then the public has a right to ensure that money is not supporting illegal activities. 1st offense you lose the funds for one month. Next time is six months. A third time would remove you from the rolls indefinitely.

Second, they need to require them to perform some sort of public service. I know our highways could use a good cleaning of litter. Paint or clean up buildings or empty lots in their neighborhoods. Or maybe answer the phone of a government office to answer the most common question of all "Are you open".

Third, publish a by name list of those who receive public assistance. Nothing more than a name and the town in which they live. People should be embarrased to receive public money in lieu of working.

Fourth, get rid of the automatic renewal system. Make the recipients come down to have their cards refilled and maybe take a drug test. And remove the ability to get unhealthy foods when using public funds. I was in a fast food restaurant the other day that accepted EBT cards.

Fifth, set a lifetime limit of say 4 years. That is you can only receive 48 months of public assistance during your life. If you choose to use it while you are 18-22 then you can never get it again. Everyone gets to a point in their life in which they could apply for governement assistance. And that is what it is for and not for those who receive it their entire lives and enver work.

And finally, require an ID proving citizenship in order to receive anything. If you are not here legally you get NOTHING.

Dolomite
  • Like 5