Cheaper Than Dirt. Not Selling Firearms? What?

Smiddy

Guest bkelm18
I'm not going to defend them but just to sound a note of caution; whether they are actually price gouging or not depends entirely on how much they are having to spend to buy the inventory they are selling. I've not idea what they pay for a pmag (and I suspect no one else here does either).

Again, not defending...I just think we should be careful what we accuse them off without having all the facts.

Precedent is all the facts I need. This isn't their first time doing this.

just finished my on-line chat with CTD.  Was told they were 'out' of guns.  I told them that daily I receive emails for shopping that stated differently, my disappointment in the company and if they were bailing on the firearms community, I was bailing on them.......took my name off their regular mail and email.  Asked the gal to share that with management.  I think we all need to stick together, buty CTD obviously doesn't .  Would encourage everyone to do the same and remember those that do; and those that don't.

3 days ago that case of .223 was $500, and those mags were $12 or so. Not that ammo is $900, and the mags are $60. That is called price gouging, due to the panic situation.

Okay...I didn't look three days ago; in fact it's been a couple of months since I bought ammo in quantity so even my usual supplier may have raised prices substantially at this point.

I do know I paid quite a bit when I bought emags a few months ago...not $60 though! ;)

• Moderators
3 days ago that case of .223 was $500, and those mags were $12 or so. Not that ammo is $900, and the mags are $60. That is called price gouging, due to the panic situation.

Unless they quickly sold out of all their inventory of .223 and Pmag's within the last 3 days (which is possible) and are now paying $850 for the ammo and $55 for the Pmags. Also, there is a very fine line between price gouging and economic equilibrium.

Don't get me wrong. [Mainly] due to them dropping firearms from their catalog but also because of the outrageous "cheaper than dirt" pricing, I will not be giving them any future business.

I have bought from them before. I am now suspending permanately all buying from them. I encourage as many of you as will to do the same. I am also going to send them an e mail stating just why I am doing this.

I haven't purchased from them since 2008. I was never buying from them again anyways.
  • Like 1
I have bought from them before. I am now suspending permanately all buying from them. I encourage as many of you as will to do the same. I am also going to send them an e mail stating just why I am doing this.

I haven't purchased from them since 2008. I was never buying from them again anyways.
  • Like 1
They pulled the same crap in '94.  I haven't spent a dime with them since.

They didn't start till '93, weren't on the web till late '96.

I thought they were just a local retailer until they went on the web?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
They used mail order flyers and, I believe, advertised in Shotgun News. Made a big deal about once you spent $1,000.00 with them you received a minimum preferred buyer discount of 10%. That program was abruptly terminated after a short period ot time (about a year).

Charged for items not in stock and it took weeks to obtain a credit. Not a nice place with which to do business.
  • Like 1

It is not time to panic...it is time to share information and keep on top of the situation. I have sent emails to all of my elected representatives in support of the 2nd Amendment...I suggest we all exercise our right of freedom of speech.

Keep this thread going with respect to other businesses that are tucking tail.

• Like 2
I have found more info since I began this thread. One CTD is owned by two seperate entities, one selling accessories and one selling firearms! The entity selling firearms did in fact make the decision to stop selling them all together. Also found out they will not be liquidating any inventory as they drop ship all items straight from suppliers... The do not wear house anything!!!! Definitely not seeing any business from me in the future!
  • Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I buy from em when occasionally they have something nobody else has, or when an item is hands-down cheaper there than anywhere else. Stuff like obscure chinese weaver rail adapters and such. Maybe once a year. It has been a long time since buying ammo from CTD because except in the late 1990's and early 2000's, I don't recall seeing prices even competitive with walmart local retail. At least of the ammo types I would be buying.

Though its been at least a year since the last buy from em, CTD still had me on the mailing list and I was receiving daily "12 days of christmas" ads, and half the daily ads were AR's and pistols. So for basically an "instant overnight" change of heart from daily email gun spammer to "Guns? What guns? We don't sell guns"-- Dunno whats got em spooked, but that sounds like a textbook case of "running scared" regardless whether you like their mag and ammo prices.

So maybe they sold a gun (thru an FFL) to a homicidal maniac and we haven't heard about it yet, or maybe CTD knows some inside scoop on politics that we might wish we knew? Or maybe garden-variety irrational panic. Dunno.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Pmags are down to $29.97, that's bargain basement... yall better hurry

oh yeah you can get them for $12.30 from Midway, but are backordered until 12/29.
I ordered some from Brownell's last night for $12.50 each, in stock with free shipping.

Yeah they were in stock yesterday. Seems to be all backorder now.
I ordered some from Brownell's last night for $12.50 each, in stock with free shipping.

Did same the other day from JoeBob's. No, I didn't "need" them, so I'm guilty of aiding the panic too I guess.

Hopefully the gummit will have to pay me $50 apiece for them to take them away; assuming the TMMGPDF* doesn't get it together in time.

*Two Million Man Geezer Patriot Defense Force

- OS