walmart and ammo

I'm not trying to be smug or anything like that...but like Peace said...it's good to be able to take and look and walk away without any concerns.

I hope it'll get better for all soon.

btw..I haven't looked in a Walmart the last few weeks. But the last time I looked...it was still slim pickings.

Antioch wally had 50 rd boxes of Brassmax (Tula brass) 223 for $16.97/box!!! There were only two when I got there, and none when I left. ;-) I haven't seen brass 223 under 40¢ a round in a llooooooonnnngggg time!

I hit 3 wallys in S Nashville today, all of them were stacked deep with Federal FMJ in 9, 40, and 45. There was also plenty of other, pricier 223. No 380 at any store.

Hendersonville put out 2 cases of federal 9mm about 2 hours ago. $11.97 per box of 50.

Also had some 45 federal out

-----------------------------------------------

WOW...Been a member for 6 years and just noticed I'm still a TGO Newcomer.

Guess I need to post more and lurk less.  :) 

Edited by Varmint

Hendersonville put out 2 cases of federal 9mm about 2 hours ago. $11.97 per box of 50.
Also had some 45 federal out

-----------------------------------------------

WOW...Been a member for 6 years and just noticed I'm still a TGO Newcomer.
Guess I need to post more and lurk less.  :)

Whoa...it's gone up to $14.97 here :(

Eh, here in Athens, just about every day about 7 in the morning, there's either a crowd of guys around the sporting goods counter waiting, or nobody and no ammo... it'd be nice if they'd leave some for me, sheesh.

Eh, here in Athens, just about every day about 7 in the morning, there's either a crowd of guys around the sporting goods counter waiting, or nobody and no ammo... it'd be nice if they'd leave some for me, sheesh.

Athens Walmart has had 9mm, .45, and .40 every time I went it there last week. Check dunhams across the street as well.

A couple of days late, but on Sunday morning ~ 08:00, WM in Clarksville had lots of ammo ready to be stocked (9mm, 40 S&W, .223). I picked up 3 boxes of CCI Mini Mags for $7.47 each.  Was only going to get 2, but the clerk asked if I wanted another to reach the limit.  Why not? 

I picked up 3 boxes of CCI Maxi Mags at the Turkey Creek WalMart today for $12.47 each. The guy at the counter said they had been there since yesterday.

Very nice. I stopped in last week and they didn't have a single handgun round. Only shotgun shells. 

Very nice. I stopped in last week and they didn't have a single handgun round. Only shotgun shells. 

I got 9 boxes of Tula .223 in Nooga, on three trips on three days last week.

Got the one single box of same they had at one today while shopping at Sam's next door.

Haven't seen a single box of .22 of any kind at any Wally since election day, be  year pretty soon.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest ThePunisher
Rivergate Wally sold the 4 cases of 62 gr. 1000 rd. at $448.00 after about a ten days, but they still have some Independence .556 55 gr. 20 rd. boxes at $10.47 on the shelf now for over 5 weeks.
Guest ThePunisher
Rivergate Wally had several 150 rd. boxes of 62. Gr. American Eagle at $69.97. They finally sold out of the Idependence 55 gr. after nearly 6 weeks.

Rivergate Wally had several 150 rd. boxes of 62. Gr. American Eagle at $69.97. They finally sold out of the Idependence 55 gr. after nearly 6 weeks.

At .51/round for Federal B grade stuff, they can keep them as far as I'm concerned.

- OS

I picked up 3 boxes of CCI Maxi Mags at the Turkey Creek WalMart today for $12.47 each. The guy at the counter said they had been there since yesterday.

I stopped by yesterday on my way home from work and there was none left.