Cutter: Obama Will Activate Campaign Apparatus To Take On The <acronym title='National Rifle Association'>NRA</acronym>

Cutter: Obama Will Activate Campaign Apparatus To Take On The NRA

Former Obama for America deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter joins Ed Schultz to discuss President Obama's plan to use his own campaign apparatus to help get Americans to speak out in favor of responsible gun ownership.

STEPHANIE CUTTER: President Obama provides the leadership here, and he said the American people have to speak up and make their voices heard in this debate. Just like the NRA is doing with [their] membership. And President Obama's network across this country, grassroots individuals, who organize, volunteered with their time to get the president reelected are much more powerful than the NRA lobby.

And I think that you can expect to see that network activated, very soon. And for good reason. We need to pass commonsense legislation to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who shouldn't be carrying guns. That's the commonsense nature of this.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/01/16/cutter_obama_will_activate_campaign_apparatus_to_take_on_the_nra.html

IMO:  If it turns into a political street contest -- well, I don't think all the EBT holders would fare well. IMO.

Edited by QuietDan
Yes. We need to do much, much more in addition to that. This will take every one of us being pro-active and effective in cultivating our ethos and active, deep care and concern for every man, woman, and child must be a significant, visible part of that ethos.
  • Administrator

Folks... I am urging you... begging you... to do two things with your wallet right now.

1.)  Join or renew with the NRA if you haven't already.

2.)  Buy Ben Shapiro's book Bullies and read it.  It discusses at length how the Left (and Obama particularly) used this network of "street thugs" to get out there and make a lot of noise, sway opinion, and get him elected.

514FTQOvXkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

http://www.amazon.com/Bullies-Culture-Intimidation-Silences-Americans/dp/1476709998/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358449174&sr=8-1&keywords=shapiro+bullies

Know your enemy!

• Like 2

Folks... I am urging you... begging you... to do two things with your wallet right now.

2.)  Buy Ben Shapiro's book Bullies and read it.  It discusses at length how the Left (and Obama particularly) used this network of "street thugs" to get out there and make a lot of noise, sway opinion, and get him elected.

http://www.amazon.com/Bullies-Culture-Intimidation-Silences-Americans/dp/1476709998/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358449174&sr=8-1&keywords=shapiro+bullies

Know your enemy!

TGO David:

Great!

Ben Shapiro is carrying on for Andrew Breitbart and is a really bright guy. Didn't he just take apart Piers Morgan?

Also, the Playbook for Leftist Activists is the classic Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals:

http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Radicals-Saul-Alinsky/dp/0679721134/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358449645&sr=8-1&keywords=rules+for+radicals

It's the one dedicated to Lucifer.

Edited by QuietDan

Street thugs are usually gun owners too :). My membership with the NRA is paid up for 3 years. I'll just send them money as we go along. WTH, can't spend it on ammo right now anyway :)

But you can damn well believe they wont be touching T Dawg's Gat! Which IS the problem.

But you can damn well believe they wont be touching T Dawg's Gat! Which IS the problem.

T Dawg didn't shoot up the theater or kill those babies. Comments like this are why the gun takers will have such a easy time achieving their goals. You can't be taken seriously when the left is pulling on heart strings and emotions while we are talking about T Dawg.

Nobody cares about the boys in the hood killing one another, but incidents like the most recent that have occurred get attention because they happened to "normal" citizens.

If we are to be taken seriously, we must do as others have said. Renew your NRA memberships, contact your reps and quit saying stupid stuff in public.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Honestly, if people would spend as much time bombarding their representatives email boxes and phone lines as they do copying and pasting silly stuff on gun forums, we'd be in pretty good shape right now.  :)

And I run a gun forum!  If I'm telling you to spend less or equal time doing something else, that's got to say something!

• Like 2

Ironic, the way a political campaign network is being used to continue after it's use is over. He can't run for anything else.

I wonder if that will get any focus from the media? Doubt it. I wonder what is funding that? I also wonder what the FEC

would have to say if anyone else pulled that one?

Honestly, if people would spend as much time bombarding their representatives email boxes and phone lines as they do copying and pasting silly stuff on gun forums, we'd be in pretty good shape right now.   :)

And I run a gun forum!  If I'm telling you to spend less or equal time doing something else, that's got to say something!

Are you sure you aren't just trying to lighten the server load while working on the switch?  :P  

Ironic, the way a political campaign network is being used to continue after it's use is over. He can't run for anything else.

I wonder if that will get any focus from the media? Doubt it. I wonder what is funding that? I also wonder what the FEC

would have to say if anyone else pulled that one?

Isn't is all just another part of the propaganda machine?  If we can't touch them on the larger scandals, doesn't that say they can pretty much do what they want?  The media seems to be actively committed to keeping Obama out of the muck.  At least the gun ban threat was galvanizing enough that we presented a formidable front.  That won't stop them from an end run however.  They keep our attentions divided so that normally we don't stand together. 

NRA needs support from more Americans.

NRA needs to oust LaPierre and entire PR apparatus and get some damn pros in there.

Maybe let Chris Cox run it for a while and see how it goes, put Wayne on the board and let him glad hand and fund raise.

But for gawd's sake get some damn political/media smart spinmeisters in there that understand how to catch flies, oil the waters, and win friends and influence people.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Know your enemy!

Exchanged a few emails with Ben last wek, he's an awesome person all around.