Elderly couple pulled over after their Buckeye car decal is mistaken for a marijuana leaf

Randall53

I think I'd be embarrassed.  After seeing their error, police advised the couple to remove the sticker to eliminate any further confusion. Things are getting so crazy in this world it really makes me wonder where we are heading.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/elderly-couple-pulled-over-buckeye-car-decal-mistaken-191317336--ncaaf.html

• Like 2

Having a marijuana leaf decal is reasonable suspicion now?  I'd tell those cops to get f***ked.  What kind of retard cops think that someone trafficking large amounts of illicit drugs is going to put a sticker on their car that advertises it?

Edited by TMF
  • Like 6

Having a marijuana leaf decal is reasonable suspicion now? I'd tell those cops to get f***ked. What kind of retard cops think that someone trafficking large amounts of illicit drugs is going to put a sticker on their car that advertises it?

I'd say you summed it up pretty well.

Having a marijuana leaf decal is reasonable suspicion now? I'd tell those cops to get f***ked. What kind of retard cops think that someone trafficking large amounts of illicit drugs is going to put a sticker on their car that advertises it?

I'd say you summed it up pretty well.
And some wonder why so many have a negative view of LEO. Blatant abuse of power on a regular basis will do that.

I've been reading the local news this morning for about 15-minutes or so, and this is the 3rd story I've read about bad cops.

First story was about some douchebag Metro cop that slashed a homeless man's tent. He was removed from the streets and his commander(s) have since apologized. The second was about Sherrif's deputies in or around Camden who broke through a locked gate and kicked in the doors of a home where they *thought* there may have been some underage drinking going on. At least one officer testified that another hit a someone in the face with a flashlight. That person was already cuffed and face down on the ground. A judge tossed the entire case, saying the cops had no cause to enter the property in the first place. There in now a federal lawsuit.
Then there is this story.

All three in the LOCAL news just today. Who knows what else has happened that went unreported, not only locally, but nationally. And some wonder why so many don't trust any LEO.
  • Like 1

Just wow “What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?”

Fully agreeing with TMFabove., even if that was a marijuana sticker it would not be illegal in TN.  I believe a sticker would be protected under freedom of speech.  Perhaps some people support the legalization of marijuana and want to be public about it.

Edited by vontar

There are bad apples in every barrell.
It is a shame, but to toss the hole barrell for a few is not the thing to do.

With so many similar stories on A fairly regular basis, that's becoming increasingly more difficult to do. It appears the police officers need to do a far better job of policing themselves.

All three incidents I mentioned in my previous post involved multiple officers. This means every officer involved had to be dumb enough to think their actions were legit. That, or those who knew better simply decided to keep their mouths shut and follow along with something they knew was wrong. Either way, at some point, incidents like these can no longer be considered isolated.

How 'bout some real punishments when these type of situations occur? Like most government employees, it seems these idiots receive little more than a slap on the hand, if any punishment at all.

The article made sense once I saw it was around Memphis.

Sadly, it's not only Memphis. News Channel 5 in Nashville did a lengthy "Policing For Profit" investigation into these drug task forces in our area. It's scary to see what these thugs get away with.

News Channel 5 used their own helicopter to covertly follow and record some of these task forces doing their "job". They caught these scumbags lying through their teeth about why they were pulling people over. One of the task force agents claimed he pulled someone over for weaving over the lines in the road. The video footage recorded from the helicopter proved that to be a complete lie. The suspect was driving just fine, while the LEO was the one who appeared to be driving home from a long night of binge drinking.

The entire investigation revealed some very disturbing information about how these task forces operate. Edited by TripleDigitRide
Guest MilitiaMan

Please, I know first hand why not to trust police. Don't even get me started on the Putnum County police officers. I'm still pissed. My wife and two daughters can't even see a Putnum Co. police car without getting tense, nervous and having anxiety.

Most, not all, are JBT's.

What I don't understand for the life of me, is WHY a real, America loving, freedom loving LEO would allow another LEO to do anything that they know is unconstitutional, or morally wrong. I mean, they live here too and many have families.  Is this the America you want for them? I do admire and am thankful for those that are REALLY out protecting our lives and property and take the job seriously.  I know that the percentage of the LEO's that appear in these stories is not large. However, the way I see it is this.  If I'm an LEO and I see one of my peers stepping over the line, then he is affecting my job and my perception and standing with the community.  If he is obviously on a power trip and looks for ways to entertain himself by abusing this power he has been bestowed, then I'm gonna call him on it.  I'm going to report it to the powers that be to get him removed. Not everyone can handle authority over others.  If they don't take their jobs and the limits of their authority seriously, then they need to be removed. To turn your head and allow it to continue, is being an accomplice to a crime in my book. Just like any other crime.

Edited by Randall53
They need to fire every police officer that responded and didn't put a stop to this mornoic behavior. There are good cops out there, but everyday I here more and more stories of power abuse and bad cops. Instead of paid leave investgations, they need to take a zero tolerance policy and start firing officers on the spot.