Group Buy - TGO Billet Lower Receivers

TGO Marked Lower Receiver  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be firmly interested in purchasing a lower receiver?

• I would definitely buy one receiver
    • I would definitely buy two receivers were they available
    • I would definitely buy more than two receivers were they available
    • I'm not interested right now

I was just thinking of aesthetics. Some people, (like me), are obcessive-compulsive and thus desire such things. It has nothing to do with quality or not being satisfied by an offer. Sorry if this offends you.

that why they make cerra coat so that it all looks the same

We're just doing lowers. I have no information about whether this company even manufactures uppers.

That being said, I think people really get too worked up over the notion of matching uppers and lowers when they build an AR because they've been conditioned to think that a BMC upper [or insert brand here] needs an upper from the same manufacturer to somehow be a quality firearm. None of my ARs have brand matching uppers and lowers. I built them with the best components possible and selected uppers based on my need, not on what the lower said on the side of it.

I'm really surprised that people aren't just satisfied that someone has taken it upon themselves to offer us this opportunity for billet lowers with the community logo on them.

I think it is silly that people are not just happy you guys are doing something nice for us. Really where can you get a billet lower right now? I don't expect stripped lowers to get that cheap for a while an you get the added bonus of having the logo of this great forum on it. We are all here because of the great group of people on here an I am excited to show off a TGO AR. Edited by STAHDKnoxville
  • Like 3
Let me put this plainly: I am already putting together a piecemeal build that goes against my OCD, but it is intended to be simply a tool. I think some here can clearly understand the concept of a tool.

I think that a piece like this should be something to proudly display; not cobbled together so that it looks like any other AR-15 out there. If I built something like this forum I would prefer that it be associated with the former rather than the latter.
Guest Pineapple Devil

When we have information.

Cool answer. You know, something like "I'm going to contact them next week to talk about it." "Probably in 3 weeks" or the sort would have worked. Sorry to have pissed in  your cheerios to warrant your sarcastic response.

My thanks to David and whoever else is involved in trying to orchestraight this group buy. I always heard no good deed goes unpunished and after reading some of the post from the last couple days I see that it's true. Anyways I'll take at least one no matter who manufactures it and when they do it. Thanks again.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Cool answer. You know, something like "I'm going to contact them next week to talk about it." "Probably in 3 weeks" or the sort would have worked. Sorry to have pissed in  your cheerios to warrant your sarcastic response.

1733676-u_mad_bro.jpg

Pardon me for not writing another four paragraph response covering the exact same #### that's already been said by me and others in the thread, thus saving you the time and bother of reading for yourself.  Get the sand out of your crack before you post nonsense like that again.  No one's here to hold your hand and tell you how awesome you are for asking shit that's already been answered.

• Like 10
  • Administrator

That is HILARIOUS! It great to see someone with forum power have a sense of humor. Usually you see people just get banned.... Awesome....

Man, I'm just a guy with a passion for firearms, the Second Amendment, the Constitution in general and America as a whole.  I've also got a really low tolerance for bullsh@t and never claimed to be a people-person.  People looking for a warm and fuzzy "customer experience" are barking up the wrong tree if they expect that from me.

Life's too short to pat insufferable people on the head and tell them how great they are just so they'll like you in return.

But I am fun at parties.

• Like 8

I'd be in for two if the lowers are from CMT or some other TN company.  

If they are out of state, I dunno.  I have lowers already.  It would be cool to have a TN made lower that represented a group of TN guys and gals.  Not sure I need another right now otherwise.  We will see.  

Waiting on info I suppose.  

• Admin Team

I'd be in for two if the lowers are from CMT or some other TN company.  

If they are out of state, I dunno.  I have lowers already.  It would be cool to have a TN made lower that represented a group of TN guys and gals.  Not sure I need another right now otherwise.  We will see.  

Waiting on info I suppose.  

Find someone who's making a quality lower in TN, and who can do them in bulk and is willing to do a group purchase with a discount and we'd be all ears.

Seriously.  If someone has a contact, let me know.

Find someone who's making a quality lower in TN, and who can do them in bulk and is willing to do a group purchase with a discount and we'd be all ears.

I don't have a contact but Mohawk Armory makes their lowers in house. I do have a complete rifle from them and everything fits perfectly, the finish was perfect and i have found no imperfections whatsoever on the lower (or anything else for that matter). I'm sure there will be others added to the mix to choose from but i wouldn't be the least bit worried about purchasing another Mohawk lower.

I didn't sign up to run a group buy.  Did it once and I regret every second of it.  

I merely answered the question that the poll asked and gave my reasoning.  

As for manufacturers, I have no idea.  PSA is out of business as far as I know.  CMT Tac is probably at capacity already.  Have you contacted Medic Firearms?  He might be willing to do something and shouldn't be overrun with orders yet as his FFL is still a little fresh.  The guy above me suggested Mohawk.  

Actually, this brings up another question.  Could there be a database somewhere on the site of firearms manufacturers in the state?  A homegrown directory if you will...

• Like 1

I didn't sign up to run a group buy.  Did it once and I regret every second of it.  

I merely answered the question that the poll asked and gave my reasoning.  

As for manufacturers, I have no idea.  PSA is out of business as far as I know.  CMT Tac is probably at capacity already.  Have you contacted Medic Firearms?  He might be willing to do something and shouldn't be overrun with orders yet as his FFL is still a little fresh.  The guy above me suggested Mohawk.  

Actually, this brings up another question.  Could there be a database somewhere on the site of firearms manufacturers in the state?  A homegrown directory if you will...

I think the "homegrown" directory is a fantastic idea.

Guest Broomhead

I'm just trying to figure out if I can scrounge up the funds for one of these.

Regardless, thank you to TGO and those staff members involved as this is an awesome opportunity for those that are able.

I hear there;s good deals from Sabre or ETS! :)

???

Far from out of business, and still selling lowers as they dribble in. Though they don't make them, never did.

- OS

They closed their store front and don't answer any of my calls or emails.  I've written them.  I ran a group buy with them last year.  One of the lowers I got, when I finally got around to putting it together, the front takedown pin holes are slightly out of spec.  I wanted to see if they could suggest something but I can't get in touch with anyone.  

I heard Sabre's last group buy was really exciting!  You apparently had to know someone, though.

Came with matching bracelets from what I remember

I believe those matching bracelets also came with a free buddy system. But they were made right here in Nashville, TN!