Lets play what if...

So just for fun, lets play a game of what if. Heres the scenario. You win the lottery to the tune of $100 million after lump sum and taxes. What would you spend the money on for prepping? Heres mine:

Weapons:
Rifles Custom AR-15 in 300 blk out with 5k rounds of super and 5k rounds of subsonic along with lead and reloading componets for another 20k
10" barreled SBR AR 15 in 300 blk out
Both of the above supressed, and with full auto sears and good optics
Accuracy international precision rifle in .338 LM with high end optic and 2k rounds of match grade ammo

Handguns:
High end 1911s in 9mm, 10mm, 45 acp and .357 mag with a few thousand rounds for each caliber

A two m2 .50 cals with 20k rounds each

A mini gun with independent mount in the bed of the truck

Vehicles
Custom 2.5 ton with luxury interior, up armored
DPV (desert patrol vehicle) dune buggy with .50 cal mounted

Homestead. 1k acres on the mountain I grew up on. 200 head of cattle, 100 hogs, chickens, goats, and several draft horses. Two wells for water with solar and wind powered pumps. Solar panel field for power. Windmills for power. Underground 5k gallon diesel storage tank. Two large diesel generators. 10 room ballsticly fortified home built from steel and concrete filled block. Several smaller houses for a preppers community.

Various:
Night vision goggles, FLIR setups, good quality plate carrier rigs for 10 people.

3 years of stored food for family of 8. 1 year stored water for family of 8.

Thats my start on spending 100 million on prepping. What would be yours if expense was no object.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Moderators

So just for fun, lets play a game of what if. Heres the scenario. You win the lottery to the tune of $100 million after lump sum and taxes. What would you spend the money on for prepping? Heres mine:

Weapons:
Rifles Custom AR-15 in 300 blk out with 5k rounds of super and 5k rounds of subsonic along with lead and reloading componets for another 20k
Accuracy international precision rifle in .338 LM with high end optic and 2k rounds of match grade ammo

Handguns:
High end 1911s in 9mm, 10mm, 45 acp and .357 mag with a few thousand rounds for each caliber

Vehicles

Homestead. 1k acres on the mountain I grew up on. 200 head of cattle, 100 hogs, chickens, goats, and several draft horses. Two wells for water with solar and wind powered pumps. Solar panel field for power. Windmills for power. Underground 5k gallon diesel storage tank. Two large diesel generators. 10 room ballsticly fortified home built from steel and concrete filled block. Several smaller houses for a preppers community.

Various:
Night vision goggles, FLIR setups, good quality plate carrier rigs for 10 people.

Thats my start on spending 100 million on prepping. What would be yours if expense was no object.

I think you are going to have to break everything in that list down into an expense sheet. That is how the what if game works, right?

Weapons:

Handguns:

Vehicles

Various:

I think you are going to have to break everything in that list down into an expense sheet. That is how the what if game works, right?

Lol. Its a long shot that I win tbe powerball, since I dont even spend my money on any lottery stuff

I might just buy myself a Senate seat.  The initial investment would be greatly rewarded and if the S does HTF you'd not only have the full force of the US military (or some semblance of it) behind you, including Air Force to get you where you need to go, not to mention all the other perks available only to the ruling class like fully stocked bunkers.

• Like 4

Yeah but Garufu just think how bad you talk about them nuts in Washington. You wouldn't want us citizens talking like that about you. I think with 100 mil I could eake out a living in the woods, it would be a struggle but I would like to try it for awhile. Spots you need lots of ammo like a warehouse full to keep that mini gun fed!!

So just for fun, lets play a game of what if. Heres the scenario. You win the lottery to the tune of $100 million after lump sum and taxes. What would you spend the money on for prepping?

If I won $100 million bucks, I'd be so far off the grid so fast that even God would have to ask directions.

As to livestock, supplies, armament, vehicles, etc... Well, let's just say that the place I have in mind already has most of what I'd need. :pleased:

A half dozen select rifles with several replacement parts each.
Take the time to develop the perfect load for each then load about 5K for each.
Enough reloading supplies to do it all over again.

Enough tools, supplies and gear to fill a very large shipping container. An eighteen wheeler trailer would work. Hand tools, solar arrays, hardware and sealed canisters of heirloom seeds. Several fishing rods and a small hoard of tackle. Lots of last century hand tools and sharpening tools/stones.

I'd buy Dick Proenneke's old cabin in northern Alaska.

Rental on a CH-54B Skyhook.

That should consume no more than half of it by the time I pay a good price for everything and pay gratuity to people who solve logistical problems.

I'd divide the remainder into thirds. St. Jude, the NRA and the JPFO can divvy up those goods.

Caster would never be seen again. Not in this life anywho.
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd buy Mt. Eagle Tennessee near Chatanooga. and evict all the occupants. Set up a camp there.

Monteagle has an interstate and state highway or two running through it and you'd be swamped. Better off to buy Brushy Mountain Prison (unless of course you're planning on being lonely and want all the company that you'd get in Monteagle).  :shrug:

Edited by Timestepper
Guest Emtdaddy1980
I'd spend 20 mil on a fully operational ironman suit and then another 20 mil to bribe spots into letting me and mine join his preppers community as a personal bodyguard / enforcer vis a vie the Ironman suit.

We're gonna need that additional 60 mil for minigun ammo. Edited by Emtdaddy1980
I've thought about this many times. I would spend probably 1/3 of the sum on prepping. I believe in redundancy. So I would have 2+ of everything. 2 weapon cache rooms in case one was compromised and so on. Since we are talking about millions upon millions of dollars here... I would build about a 7,000 square foot underground bunker to support 20+ people. It would be fully functional like a home with every amenity you could think of. 10-15 cameras above ground at strategic locations. I would have 2 weapons rooms on site and another a few miles away. Diesel generators and thousands of gallons of fuel in underground tanks for the first few months and solar and wind power mechanisms for when they run dry or a threat is detected and you need some quiet time. I would have a couple 6 wheel military trucks that have been overhauled and been armored in key places for trips to town or just to go check out the situation. I would hire a young doctor / surgeon and a good lookin' nurse or two beforehand to come live with us at the compound. I would have a fully stocked medical room for any minor or major injuries or surgeries. My weapons would go something like... about 10 high end AR 15's with 30-50 thousand rounds, several Remington 870's with a few pallets of buckshot and slugs, a few Glock 17's and 34's and a lot of .22 just for fun. I could go on and on in much more detail as I have won the lottery in my head multiple times.

With both arms stretched fully upward and jumping up and down as high as I can jump, I'm screaming, "I'll play, I'll play"!!! Can you hear me?

An abandoned and in penetrable underground government missile silo capable of withstanding a close nuclear strike, complete with an underground bank vault, double barbed wire / razor wire perimeter, claymores and surveillance cameras. Stockpiled with 5 years of food and water and few female associates.

That should keep my wife, her lawyers and process servers at bay :up: After all, I bought that ticket with MY two bucks, she didn't! And we all know how the liberal women leaning black robe wearing legal system views a woman's right to what a man has earned by himself :rofl:

Edited by Dennis1209
Hmm... I might buy an island.
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/regions/united-states/islands?development=&type=&forsale_start=1&forsale_end=8&set=true&Currency=true&search-currency=USD

Then, I'll build a sweet underground bunker/man-cave complete with an escape mini-sub :)
On the surface I'll have towers to watch the beaches armed with 338LP sniper rifles and turrets.
Of course the water surrounding the island will be a mine field (hope I don't forget where they are :))
If its big enough, I'll keep the island managed with a healthy deer and rabbit population.
I'll also raise chickens and fish in a small hatchery.
I'll also grow food.
I'll install a large HAM radio antenna.
A boat and small plane on floats will be my transportation to-from the island.
The wife, kids and I will enjoy an island paridise under normal circumstances. However if it ever HTF, will have a remote place to bug in.

This is not too tropical but would certainly be secluded http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/bauer-island Edited by Batman

I would purchase a large piece of land(90acres) away from prying eyes, preferably by a creek/stream/spring to have fresh water, lots of acreage to insure that I get my privacy, plus with that much space I can have my own long range shooting range during normal times. I wouldn't have a major arsenal, just enough to satisfy my gun whoreism and to arm everyone I care about with enough rounds for many combat loads, not to mention in TEOTWAWKI they become VERY valuble. I would have a garden outside enough to sustain us and then some in case of bartering. I'd have a standard house, three maybe four bedroom, exterior made of steel reinforced brick, the windows Hurricane proof possibly even bullet proof, all doors steel reinforced with steel frames, the roof would use reinforced metal sheeting. Every room would have a firearm in arms reach. It would be the most quaint little fortress the world had ever seen, lol. I would want it to be able to outlast my great-great grandkids. Location would be somewhat near smaller communities so that I could get supplies if need be but far enough away that I wouldn't worry about thieves during normal times or anything of the sort such as pillagers or looters during a crisis. Water storage tanks inside also are a must, outside I'd have a couple underground fuel tanks for storage for a SHTF situation and in normal situations, that's a few less trips to the gas station not to mention during SHTF I"m not totally SOL on fuel, lol. Not to mention I'd have a Deuce and a half for my main vehicle. This is what I'd do and everyone is different.  :rock:

Edited by whitewolf001

The second half of my reply to another thread (the part about the underground bunker, etc.)pretty much answers what I would do as far as 'living arrangements.' 

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/67944-what-if-all-of-this-is-for-nothing/#entry1002239

Of course, there would be some nice firearms and boatloads of ammo.  I'd probably even install a remote operated turret gun or two in 'strategic' locations.  Mostly, though, my strategy would be to be secluded/hidden away and secretive enough to make it 'not worth it' for any potential threats to come looking for me.

Edited by JAB
Guest Bonedaddy

It would be underground and no one but me and mine would know of it, including the drones with FLIR or other detection devices. Besides all the neccessities, there will be a large stockpile of the right plastics and a large, high quality 3-D printer and 3 or 4 reliable laptops with the right software in'm. There's a few things I could make much cheaper than buying. Useful things that go BOOM, etc, etc,......

GlowDotGlock,

... Sounds good, but how are you going to cycle all of that diesel? It won't store forever and still do what you want it to do...

Well, you've got about one year (+/- a few months) underground. At any rate, i would add fuel filters for the generators to your list ... lots and lots and lots of fuel filters. They will need changing often. But hey... You will have juice!

Filters.. Edited by Peace

GlowDotGlock,

... Sounds good, but how are you going to cycle all of that diesel? It won't store forever and still do what you want it to do...

Well, you've got about one year (+/- a few months) underground. At any rate, i would add fuel filters for the generators to your list ... lots and lots and lots of fuel filters. They will need changing often. But hey... You will have juice!

Filters..

The filters are in the other details. The fine things. I would keep the diesel cycled by running in through my pickup and farm equipment and keep having my reserves filled back up every couple months. It sure is fun to daydream.