Looking for sub-compact recommendations

I have a Glock 21 and my primary carry is a 23, I ride motorcycles a lot and am looking for recommendations for a single-stack pistol that is easy to carry and conceal when the weather is hot. I usually wear a vest even then but not always. The 23 leaves a pretty good imprint on the vest. My priorities are concealment, stopping power, capacity mostly in that order.

I am currently looking seriously at a Sig Sauer P938 Equinox and a KAHR MK9 Micro but would like to hear from others who have more experience with this subject. Thanks

Edited by martinjd

My hot weather carry usually rotates between either a Ruger LCR (90% of the time) or a Kahr PM9 (10%) usually in my front pocket or appendix IWB.  Either of the two you are looking at would be fine choices.  I always suggest to folks who are looking for small, powerful, and inconspicuous to consider a small revolver such as a J-frame Smith or LCR.  They are easy to conceal in a variety of places, pack a decent punch, always reliable, and the outline of them does not scream gun if printing is a factor.

Anyways, YMMV and I think the two you are looking at would be fantastic options for what you want.

My hot weather carry usually rotates between either a Ruger LCR (90% of the time) or a Kahr PM9 (10%) usually in my front pocket or appendix IWB.  Either of the two you are looking at would be fine choices.  I always suggest to folks who are looking for small, powerful, and inconspicuous to consider a small revolver such as a J-frame Smith or LCR.  They are easy to conceal in a variety of places, pack a decent punch, always reliable, and the outline of them does not scream gun if printing is a factor.

Anyways, YMMV and I think the two you are looking at would be fantastic options for what you want.

Hmm... my summer carry is Kel Tec P3-AT (90%) and Kahr PM9 (10%) in front pocket.  In winter, my single stack is a Taurus 709 Slim.

I carry a sig 938.  It is a great choice, low capacity being the weak link.  Still, it holds more than a revolver in less space and reloads easier and faster.  The trigger is easy unlike most of the alternatives -- the biggest selling point for me was the nice action.   9mm even in a short barrel should be sufficient.    I carry mine in my pocket and its invisible.  Not easy to draw that way sitting down though, it comes out clean standing up.    It took a while to break in enough to use weak practice ammo in it.  Mine *wanted* +p defense ammo for a long time.

Another vote for the XD-S 45 here.

I can actually pocket carry it in loose fitting pants, but in an IWB hybrid, it just disappears. I know 5+1 isn't exactly service capacity, but you gotta give some ground somewhere to get such a small, light, thin carry weapon.
  • Like 1

Any have experience or recommendations/warnings on the Kahr CM9?

I came to recommend bthe CM9. Mine has performed flawlessly. I carry it in an MTAC holster. I've got a kydex pocket holster made for the PM9 that works but it is a bit too tight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I ride a Harley all the time and my choice is either my G26 or G27 in a CrossBreed holster. Tuck the riding shirt over the holster or cover it with a vest, never had any problems and never had anyone notice.