TGO Lowers - Santa Claus is coming!

MacGyver

I was there at LES at about 11am today.  Same time as analog_kidd.  Spent more time talking to Mike than actually transfering the recievers but to say the least, great service. 

[URL=http://s680.photobucket.com/user/owensnj/media/3E8D4998-A2CB-4530-95D8-1EFCF7CDE054_zpsvgh0rybe.jpg.html]3E8D4998-A2CB-4530-95D8-1EFCF7CDE054_zps[/URL]

Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1

Don't know when I can next get out that way. Any idea what the deal is on having my wife pick it up? Could I just give her the invoice?

Not unless you go by and have the background check run first.. But then I suppose you'd be better off taking your lower then to rather than send your wife after it.

I didn't know if she would be able to pick it up seeing as how what's mine is hers and hers is hers. With her doing the background check, of course.

It brings up an interesting question of what would happen if the background check failed. I guess restocking fees or something. That should not be an issue.

It's a moot point now anyway, I should be able to get out by mid-week if I don't get antsy and go tomorrow.

Edited by tnguy

I didn't know if she would be able to pick it up seeing as how what's mine is hers and hers is hers. With her doing the background check, of course.

Would think an FFL would be reluctant if not completely averse to transferring to a different person than it was sold to, even spouse?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Would think an FFL would be reluctant if not completely averse to transferring to a different person than it was sold to, even spouse?

- OS

It doesn't really who actually made payment to CMT so long as the end user/owner of the firearm is the one that picks it up and has their background run. I think this subject has been touched on a time or two lately but I don't remember who was in on the conversation. I ordered and payed for two lowers that came from out of state, one was for me and the other for another member. When the FFL called to let us know that they were in and ready to be picked up we both met up at the FFL and I had my background run for my lower and he had his run for his lower and everything was done and it satisfies the law because the end user of each lower had their background checked. Be sort of like if I wanted to buy Oh Shoot a rifle for Christmas, If I go to the gun shop and purchase the rifle and have my background checked I have made a straw purchase but if I take Oh Shoot with me to the gun shop and tell the owner that I want to by this rifle for Oh Shoot for Christmas, I can pay for it but since he is the end user his background will be run and everything is on the up and up. It really doesn't matter who pays for the rifle as long as the end user that the rifle is being purchased for has their background run. I have made two such transactions at well established gun shops and have never had anyone blink about it. I've also seen this situation play out in a friends shop where a mother or wife wants to buy their son or husband a firearm and once that info is known he would have the recipient come in for the background check. Now this makes the most sense since it achieves the laws purpose and is not a straw purchase but hey if anyone can show me where all these FFL's are breaking the law I would like to see it. BTW Oh Shoot, I wasn't in any way meaning this in a disrespectful way to you but attached your quote because it went with my thought on the subject.

I'd think a smart dealer would sell within the letter of the law.  I'm just not sure what that would be.

The letter of the law would be the end user gets their background check but I totally get the whats mine is hers thing. My wife takes it one step further and says whats hers is hers and whats mine is hers... doesn't seem like i'm getting a fair shake huh  :rofl:

Thanks it's about a two hour haul there for me. Hate to make the trip for no reason.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Understandable. D&T posted a thread saying their in. And for that fact CMT pasted a thread saying all orders were shipped. I picked mine up yesterday in East Tn

Thanks it's about a two hour haul there for me. Hate to make the trip for no reason.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CMT didn't put any phone numbers with the orders when they shipped. Call D&T and give them your real name, and they'll tell you if it's there.n 

• Like 1

. Be sort of like if I wanted to buy Oh Shoot a rifle for Christmas, If I go to the gun shop and purchase the rifle and have my background checked I have made a straw purchase ..

No, that part is wrong.

It's perfectly legal to buy me a firearm as a gift (assuming technically I did not give you the money for it, and  I am not prohibited from owning firearms) and you do the 4473 in your name. You are still to check that YOU are the actual purchaser of the firearm on question 11a. This is not a "straw purchase:", and indeed is an actual example given in the instructions on the 4473 itself.

What rifle am I getting, btw? ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

I picked up mine today. All they do is ask your name. Hand you the kit you ordered and make you fill out the BG check and they'll ask for your user name on TGO.

Bought a trigger kit and UTG stock kit from D&T while i was there. So i at least have a better head start than i oridinally intended. 

Decided I am going to go with a 300 blackout for the upper. The lower i can at least have some use with my old S&W sport upper. Least until I get all the parts together to build the Blackout.

Great bunch of guys to do business with. I only wish i lived a bit closer.

CMT didn't put any phone numbers with the orders when they shipped. Call D&T and give them your real name, and they'll tell you if it's there.n 

My phone number is on the CMT packing slip, Mike.

But was notified by Mike (LawEnforcementSalesTN) by TGO PM.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

yup, picked mine up today, ran in to OH Shoot while I was there.

I would post pictures but they are the same as others currently and my camera isn't that good.

Now to start my planning.  I figure I will have to pay for Christmas before I start, I am about to be hit with Christmas and auto insurance back to back.