What are Y'all doing for New Year?

billyscott

First, Happy New Year to all TGOers. 

I'm going to do what I've done the last ten years, stay home, have a few drinks, watch the neighborhood fireworks and wait till my next door occupier gets drunk and shoots up all his ammo in his back yard while his wife screams "STOP IT DONNIEEEE" at him. 

Just wondered if anybody else is as big a dud as I am. 

• Like 1

Not into the whole downtown scene so the wife and I are Stargazing at Dyer Observatory followed by a midnight hike at Radnor Lake. Simple but fun.

Just looked at Dyer's websight and it says it's closed till February. Me and the wife are going to Burger Republic early and eating with some friends. Probably be asleep by 10. Lol.

Staying at home, hanging out on TGO and may have a beer or two. No big deal to me...just another day, plus it's going to screw me up writing checks to pay my bills! Happy New Year to all my TGO Brothers and Sisters!

Dave

• Like 1

I want to wish everyone on TGO a happy and prosperous NEW YEAR. My plans are same as have been last many years. Stay home, watch TV in Bedroom till I fall a sleep. I learned many years ago that the new year still comes if your awake of a sleep so I quit waiting up for it to happen............ :up: :up:

• Like 3
Guest Lester Weevils

Staying home as usual. Might make what passes for a black russian to drink (sugar, instant coffee, 1 oz PGA). Or maybe add some half-n-half and make it a fake white russian. Maybe get fancy and use chocolate milk rather than half-n-half for a fake mudslide.

Working tonight until 2am. I'm sure I'll encounter a drunk idiot or two.

Good luck and happy hunting! Are New Years Eve's better hunting for drunks than ordinary weekend nights? Just wondering because they run so many radio/TV ads about the risk of getting caught DUI, and its been a few years but when I was still playing music on NY Eve, the crowds seemed to leave earlier than typical weekend audiences. Slightly different customer profile on NY Eve-- Folks that maybe its the only time of the year they go out. Eat, drink a glass of champagne, toot the horn, then off home early for the annual nookie. :)