Who do you have your auto and homeowners insurance with?

jeff43

I have State Farm, and I know I pay a premium over other providers.  However, I have had 3 claims in the past 15 years significant clams, and not one issue, or not one misstep by State Farm.  And I am a critical high expectation customer service oriented type of person!  But I would not begrudge anyone who is tired of the high cost!

All mine is through Cincinnati Insurance using an agent here in Chattanooga. I've been with them for nearly 20 years and my dad was with them for more than 20 before that. I've priced others every few years and Cincinnati always comes out several hundred cheaper. I've had a few claims and they have paid without a second thought. I can't speak high enough of the service I've gotten through them. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Farm bureau has been good to me the last 20 years. 2 or 3 claims, all paid promptly with no hassle. Got my commercial building through Shelter. Would have checked Shelters prices on homeowners but the Athens office was posted.

After close to 30 years with State Farm for home and auto (other than some years when we had a friend who was an independent agent hook us up with Safeco for auto (worked out pretty well at the time when we had teenage drivers)) we went with an independent agent, Zander (one of Dave Ramsey's preferred).  I'll probably never go back to a captive agent.  I know for me if it's not relatively easy to shop, I won't.

Zander got us on board with Encompass (they're owned by Allstate).  Can't say anything about claims yet as we've just been with them a few months but we ended up saving about one-third over SF.  The Zander agent said Encompass has a very high renewal rate.  I can't remember the exact percentage but it made me feel better presuming that if the service was too bad or they are inclined to jack their rates too much it would affect their renewal rate.       

State Farm for the last 8 years, and we price-shop our policies every year or so.  So far, SF has the best prices and we like their service.  I've had a few small claims, both automotive and home, and have no complaints.  We also have umbrella liability insurance with them.

USAA is one of the insurers we've shopped, more than once.  SF is still cheaper for us.  YMMV

Edited by enfield

USAA is one of the insurers we've shopped, more than once.  SF is still cheaper for us.  YMMV

That's surprising. I had SF before and switched to USAA about 10 years ago; it cut my car insurance costs in half. The wife handles all the bills so I have no idea what we pay now, but considering I'm older and haven't had a ticket in over 10 years in can't be much. I also refinanced the house last year in order to take advantage of the dip down to 3%. Did almost everything by email, then they just sent a rep to the house to close. Closing costs were a little higher than I expected, but it's already paid for itself.
[quote name="gomer pyle" post="1094884" timestamp="1389721536"]Is usaa for military personal only?[/quote] Banking= no Insurance= yes. However, you can qualify as a legacy member if you are not military. Edited by blueghost

i shopped a long time and best bang for my buck is State Farm. They write my Jeep, boat and renters insurance and believe it or not my Boat rates and renters rate actually came down when they came due last month and they said my Jeep will be lower next round also because I have been with them 5 years with no claims and no tickets.