Fred Phelps is dead

I'm  thinking that praying for his soul now will help much because if he is dead his soul is already at it's destination. I just hope that where ever it went GOD made the decision and he does not make mistakes so where ever it is is where it needs to be....................jmho

It's difficult to feel any sadness at this man's passing - he and his congregation sullied the name "Christian" and sowed hate rather than love.

The wonderful and disappointing and ironic thing about Christianity; assuming one is a Christian and believes in the Bible, is that even the worst sinner and horrible person can be saved and spend eternity with God in heaven if he/she accepts Christ as his savior.

It's the human part of us...the part that innately knows "right from wrong" that wants to see the wrongdoer punished - the thought of a nasty, evil man receiving "heaven" doesn't sit right. However, I too agree with the sentiment "pray for his soul".

[quote name="R_Bert" post="1127524" timestamp="1395339362"]I am thinking "pray for the souls he left behind", especially his family (but also victims); that they not continue in the path blazed by the old man.[/quote] The family that stood by him are beyond forgiveness. The disrespect during funeral services shown to the families that lost their sons and daughters should earn the Phelps clan shunning from society. They deserve to live out the rest of their lives in lonely misery, like their patriarch, then die alone and unwanted by society. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The family that stood by him are beyond forgiveness. The disrespect during funeral services shown to the families that lost their sons and daughters should earn the Phelps clan shunning from society. They deserve to live out the rest of their lives in lonely misery, like their patriarch, then die alone and unwanted by society. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

in our eyes, indeed they are beyond forgiveness and repentance.  And what they do deserve is what you describe,  But, so does Paul, whom Jesus confronted on the Damascus road. And me (confronted in my own way). Paul and I changed.  Hopefully they will also.

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 4

Gravesite pee party starts in 3, 2, 1....

Oh, and the family requests no protesters at the graveyard? CHOKE!

Hah. Yeah. Ideally people would have more class but to request it is kinda poking the bear with a stick.
[quote name="R_Bert" post="1127533" timestamp="1395340057"]in our eyes, indeed they are beyond forgiveness and repentance. And what they do deserve is what you describe, But, so does Paul, whom Jesus confronted on the Damascus road. and me. Paul and I changed. Hopefully they will also.[/quote] They have the option to change for their own benefit, but they don't deserve forgiveness from society. For me, there are some things that are just unforgivable. Going to a funeral and telling parents or the wife and kids of a fallen soldier that "God hates your tears" or "Thank God for IEDs" is so heinous that I can't fit it into words. The saddest thing about Phelps passing peacefully is that I won't have the opportunity to chain him to my truck and see how long it takes asphalt to turn human garbage into hamburger. That was the one thing I had to look forward to if I was terminally ill. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

They have the option to change for their own benefit, but they don't deserve forgiveness from society. For me, there are some things that are just unforgivable. Going to a funeral and telling parents or the wife and kids of a fallen soldier that "God hates your tears" or "Thank God for IEDs" is so heinous that I can't fit it into words. The saddest thing about Phelps passing peacefully is that I won't have the opportunity to chain him to my truck and see how long it takes asphalt to turn human garbage into hamburger. That was the one thing I had to look forward to if I was terminally ill. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed. Repentance and forgiveness does not preclude consequences, retribution, and vindication.  But, as individuals, we must render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and that unto God which is God's.  For a Christian, it is indeed hard to properly process our responses to a repentance from a person of this group.

My jaundiced outlook - they probably wont change (beyond the few already escaped), and we will only be confronted with observation of God's judgment and wrath upon these creatures gone rabid. 

• Like 1

My jaundiced outlook - they probably wont change (beyond the few already escaped), and we will only be confronted with observation of God's judgment and wrath upon these creatures gone rabid.

My own suspicion is that this was likely a cult of personality and with him gone, the movement will fade away. But we shall see.

My own suspicion is that this was likely a cult of personality and with him gone, the movement will fade away. But we shall see.

Don't see why. He had already been ousted for advocating "kindness between members". Sounds like the remaining church power base is meaner than he was!

And he was a bastard, here's best writeup I've seen of his life:

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-was-fred-phelps-excommunicated-anti-gay-leader-westboro-baptist-church-1562676

- OS

This man does not deserve a prayer, a second thought or anything that would make his journey into hell any better. He is was tyrant and a bigot..

Screw him and his lot of  brainwashed followers.. They deserve nothing.. not even a second thought.

I just feel sorry for the kids,.,,

Many people are undeserving of prayers, but Christians are specifically directed to love their enemies. This is NOT the love that society has defined as an emotion, but rather showing kindness. I pray for lots of people for various reasons, and lots of them are not loved by me.

• Like 4

Forwarded from "Joe Smith":

Even though this doesn't technically exist in the bible:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quoting Samuel l Jackson in pulp fiction: "Some cold-blooded shit to say to a motherfucker before you pop a cap in someone's ass".

For Fred Phelps: The pain and suffering you caused to those innocents who believe in a loving god,family, country and freedom should be inflicted into you and your soul 100 fold at the least, along with those you deceived into believing your evil rituals. Heaven doesn't want you and your not enough of a bad ass to be in hell. I can only hope you never saw the light, and felt nothing but burning intense pain as good mother earth sucked the life out of your sorry useless ass. I hope you feel the pain of vengeance and anger as long as your disgusting soul smolders to be ignited by those you had scorned on earth.

( powerful words)  :usa: