Don't Be a Fudd

My counterpart at work(He works when I'm not here, 4 on-5 off rotating) is a Fudd. He'd be just fine without "tactical" firearms, and I use this VERY loosely mind you, but the second you'd go after hunting firearms he'd be up in arms. I asked what he thought about the possible assault bans back last year and his response was, "I don't care, they ain't used for hunting."  Ugh, a sad day indeed...

I just don't get where people think 2A is about hunting,  it has NOTHING to do with hunting.   The founders could never envision hunting being restricted so there was no need to protect the means to hunt.   

What they did know is that their ilk was likely to want to keep a foot on the everyday citizen's neck by whatever means available.  That is what they were protecting against.

Not everyone has a IQ sufficient enough for logic and reasoning. This cat is one of them.

And BTW: WTH does being an artillery officer have to do with this? The artillery officers that I had probably only shot the gun/howitzer once in their entire time in my unit. How does that qualify you to speak about gun safety?

• Like 1

I just don't get where people think 2A is about hunting,  it has NOTHING to do with hunting.   The founders could never envision hunting being restricted so there was no need to protect the means to hunt.   

What they did know is that their ilk was likely to want to keep a foot on the everyday citizen's neck by whatever means available.  That is what they were protecting against.

I've always been amazed at what the founders WERE able to envision though. If they hadn't done such a good job, we would have been shooting it out a long time ago.

• Like 4

I've always been amazed at what the founders WERE able to envision though. If they hadn't done such a good job, we would have been shooting it out a long time ago.

You and me both. They were truly a group of wise men, wise beyond their years.

Well, the wife Wong huntah ISO vewy consunned about safety. Ok, .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Dib dib dib  that's all foks!

Edited by Spiffy
  • Like 1

People call me crazy when I tell them 2A really means I should be able to have a tank, grenades, machine guns, and an armed Apache helicopter if I can afford it, since the gov't has them and I may be called upon to help overthrow them.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 3

People call me crazy when I tell them 2A really means I should be able to have a tank, grenades, machine guns, and an armed Apache helicopter if I can afford it, since the gov't has them and I may be called upon to help overthrow them.

Lemme know when that Apache comes in. I've got enough money in fuel for you to take me up ten feet then land.

• Like 1
[quote name="musicman" post="1128098" timestamp="1395446233"]I have that exact conversation quite often, BigK. About half the time the only response is a blank stare... sometimes a dropped jaw.[/quote] That dumb-struck look is what makes me the most frustrated. They apparently do not realize that overthrowing a corrupt and out of control gov't is exactly what we did to win our Independence from England. With that fresh in their minds our Framers insisted that our new gov't would not have the power to deny citizens the means to do so again.

Glad I'm not the only person that feels like they are treated like some kind of off their meds extremist for having this view.  

Guys like this FUDD are a gun owners worst enemy.  Regardless of what this guy thinks he does not represent me, he is not on my side.  He's nothing but an anti wearing camo and spouting an anti message.  

• Like 4
[quote name="10-Ring" post="1128794" timestamp="1395590285"]Glad I'm not the only person that feels like they are treated like some kind of off their meds extremist for having this view. Guys like this FUDD are a gun owners worst enemy. Regardless of what this guy thinks he does not represent me, he is not on my side. He's nothing but an anti wearing camo and spouting an anti message. [/quote] I am of the opinion that people with opinions like his clearly have too much unwarranted faith in the federal gov't. I, for one, would sleep better at night knowing everyone on my block owned an M-16 (not just an AR-15) and kept it loaded than I would if only the military/LEO could have them.

Get yourself elected Sheriff of Podunkville, and the Feds will gladly give you all that stuff for your new tacticool mall SWAT team ...

• Like 1