Official TGO LG101 Pro Tech Buy in thread ORDERS NOW CLOSED

If any of you have an issue with the spring in your knifes, some of the ones in this run were cut too short when installed in the knife. I attribute this to me having them rushed to me so I could get them shipped out, as I have owned nearly 20 of their knives and never had one issue with them, 

So if you have a problem email dave@protechknives.com 

He will create a Fed Ex shipping label and send it to you, this will not cost you one cent to get it repaired very quickly

Does it seem to be an issue with a certain serial number range, or could it be a problem with any of them?

The affected ones will fail within a few openings, if you have opened and closed yours no matter the serial numbers multiple times, you are good to go, The short spring will slip out of the blade if it is one of the affected ones

I know of 4 of them that have already been repaired and sent back to the owners

• Like 1
I dropped mine from about 12 ft yesterday onto concrete. The button seized up and I couldn't close it. Gave it a few good palm strikes and now it's working again. Fires about as fast as my benchmade. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have they slipped in weaker springs in the mix as well? Some have mentioned that theirs almost snaps out of their hands, but mine is no faster than the SOG Elite II that I have.

Most autos have the same spring tension.  Hell, most assisted will too.  I don't know that any has claimed anything about speed.  They just fire hard.  I posted a video a while back of my first rock eye and a manual flipper that in slow motion, are the same speed.  Speed isn't everything. 

Most autos have the same spring tension.  Hell, most assisted will too.  I don't know that any has claimed anything about speed.  They just fire hard.  I posted a video a while back of my first rock eye and a manual flipper that in slow motion, are the same speed.  Speed isn't everything. 

They're all fast enough to get a little pee trickle out of an MSNBC viewer :) With that said, my Godson is really fast. Light blade, and probably the same spring as the LG101.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

I dropped mine from about 12 ft yesterday onto concrete. The button seized up and I couldn't close it. Gave it a few good palm strikes and now it's working again. Fires about as fast as my benchmade. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also feel the action is comparable to Benchmade's switchblades.

Edited by Ted S.
I just sat and flipped my 2 open 30-40 times each and had no issues at all.

The only thing I noticed was that one of them had a much more authoritative thunk when it opened, and the other opened with a slight bit of hesitation at first. But after repeated firings, it works
just fine.
  • Like 1
Mine has become my edc and sees quite a lot of use. I'd estimate 20-25 opens a day. Everything is tight and smooth so far. :-)

Its finish is also holding up much better than I expected. Other than the idiot mark where it jumped out of my hand onto my tile kitche floor, it still looks brand new!

Mine worked great the bazillion times I opened it before July 1st..  One hour after I put it in my pocket on July 1st I went to show it off to someone and it didn't work. 

Go figure.

David at ProTech was great and took care of it immediately - it should be waiting for me when I get home today.

Mine has become my edc and sees quite a lot of use. I'd estimate 20-25 opens a day. Everything is tight and smooth so far. :-)
Its finish is also holding up much better than I expected. Other than the idiot mark where it jumped out of my hand onto my tile kitche floor, it still looks brand new!

Me too. I've used it for everything from cutting rope to scraping dried muck up. Does what a knife should and does it well. If I can manage to not loose it, it will prove to be a solid buy all the way around.

Me too. I've used it for everything from cutting rope to scraping dried muck up. Does what a knife should and does it well. If I can manage to not loose it, it will prove to be a solid buy all the way around.

Got an easy way to keep from losing it, buddy.....don't carry it.

Sure.

Got an easy way to keep from losing it, buddy.....don't carry it.

Sure.

I'm not opposed to having a safe queen knife, but the LG101 was built for use and abuse. Now the TGO godfather on the other hand will likely remain at home unless I'm wearing a suit. Pretty rare for me.