What Would you get gun?

Guest ChattownKA

Guest ChattownKA

Well through a series of very unfortunate events ill be coming into some inheritance money before the end of this month. I've told myself i'm only allowed to buy one gun. Haven't really set a price limit yet, but lets just say "within reason" for now. I want to know what guns y'all would buy, if you were given an unexpected sum of money. Pictures are encouraged.

Ready. Set. GO! 

That depends what you have now. If you have the basics covered, .22 rifle, shotgun and pistol at least .38 I would look at a .45 or 5.56 or .308.
A glock could prove to be one of the best utilitarian tools to have in your tool box.

If I didn't have anything, and came into an inheritance or some other kind of windfall, I would get something that would serve as home defense and that I could carry on my person when I go out in public. Smith Model 686 or Ruger SP101 in .357 comes to mind. More versatile than most other handguns because you can also shoot .38 special.

That's what I'd choose.

Guest ChattownKA

That depends what you have now. If you have the basics covered, .22 rifle, shotgun and pistol at least .38 I would look at a .45 or 5.56 or .308.
A glock could prove to be one of the best utilitarian tools to have in your tool box.

i currently own, a S&W M&P9, Ak47, Winchester Model 70 in 30-06, and a Mosin Nagant M44. i know i want/need a shotgun. but i just hear some other ideas

Cost not much of an object... A Sharps rifle in .45-70, specifically a Quigley. Doesn't get much cooler than that. :)

600px-QDUSharps1874Long-4.jpg

Just to pick a nit, that was a 45-110.

And I wanted one sooo bad back in the day.

As for the OP, I'd get a basic, quality AR, a full size 9mm handgun with a decent capacity and a bunch of mags for them.

Want to go long range like Quigley? An AR-10 style in .260 Rem. would be the modern version.

Edit: oops. Just saw that you have an M&P 9. Then, of course, you need a .45! Edited by Clod Stomper

Cost not much of an object...  A Sharps rifle in .45-70, specifically a Quigley.  Doesn't get much cooler than that.  :)

600px-QDUSharps1874Long-4.jpg

And yeah it does...How about an 1859 Original Sharps .45-100 that saw service in the Civil War, The Indian Wars and as a Buffalo Market harvester....

And....it's a 1000 yd gun, that I shoot around once a week.

[url=http://s587.photobucket.com/user/ren1795/media/IMG_2791_zpsa1d38dd2.jpg.html]IMG_2791_zpsa1d38dd2.jpg[/URL]

Now that's cool.....   :D

Edited by Lowpower
  • Like 3

Just to pick a nit, that was a 45-110.

True, but even Shiloh asks "Are you sure?" when you ask for one in .45-110.  My shoulders hurt enough as it is.  

And yeah it does...How about an 1859 Original Sharps .45-100 that saw service in the Civil War, The Indian Wars and as a Buffalo Market harvester....

And....it's a 1000 yd gun, that I shoot around once a week.

IMG_2791_zpsa1d38dd2.jpg

Now that's cool.....   :D

Indeed.  :drool:

And you suck, just so you know...   :)

• Like 2

If you don't have an AR15-pattern gun right now, there are some incredible buys out there these days... the bottom has fallen out of that market after the massive shortage after Newtown.  You're likely never to get "more for your money" in an AR than right now. 

If I had a decent amount of cash to spend on a 'just because' gun - especially if it were to be bought with inheritance money, meaning I would want it to be something a little more unique and special than the norm - my choice would probably look something like this (except with really nice, wood grips) :

SBH_SS_Engraved_0275.jpg

I like shotguns but you can pick up a well built pump shotgun for comparatively little money.  For a 'splurge', again, I would want something a little more special, to me.

Edited by JAB