Rolling Stone's 5 Most Dangerous Guns

Something I purchased a couple of years ago came with a free 1 year subscription to RS.  Having never really read the magazine I was wrongfully thinking that it was a music publication not a rag piece for the Liberal agenda.  I was happy to see my subscription end until I started getting the "This is your last issue"  issue every month.  My subscription ended over a year ago but  I still get that trash delivered to my house weekly.  Needless to say, it goes straight in the trash.  I could call them and try to get it stopped but it gives me a little satisfaction knowing that it cost them to pint and mail it to me every week just so I can trash it.

• Like 4
[quote name="glowdotGlock" post="1169087" timestamp="1405533979"]I just wrote an article on the most dangerous vehicles.1. Cars2. Trucks3. Motorcycles[/quote] Three most dangerous types of bears 1) Big bears 2) Pissed off bears 3) Big, pissed off bears
  • Like 6

Wow. I had no idea that pistols and revolvers were the 2 most dangerous kinds of handguns and that rifles and shotguns were the most dangerous long guns.

I thought most crimes were commited with muskets and blunderbusses. I'm glad I checked out that informative article.

In other news, the 2 most dangerous knives are 1) those with blades under 4" and 2) those with blades at or beyond 4". It's astonishing stuff!

• Like 1

I like the comment just recently posted by "Steve Gee".  

My list of 5 most dangerous guns:
5. Guns with barrels.
4. Guns with bullets.
3. Guns that someone uses to hit you on the head.
2. Guns on a steroid pumped body builder.
...and the number one most dangerous gun:
1. A gun in the hands of a criminal.

• Like 2

Correction they did. Surprised they knew the difference.

They didn't. Someone else said it and they just printed it.

What they fail to realize is that the single-action is the one you have to worrry about. That's the one for going all Clint Eastwood and just slapping the hammer for rapid fire shots, you know, as gang-bangers are known to do.

Edited by monkeylizard

that thing was written by what, a 4th grader?   No, wait, that tv show proved that the 4th grader would do a better job.   Derringers are pistols?  Revolvers are also pistols, in common usage.  And derringers are undefined --- its either antiques made by mr derringer, or it means "pocket pistol" which is, drum roll, a pistol.  So the most dangerous guns are pistols, pistols, pistols, pistols, pistols, and pistols, followed by shotguns and rifles?  Rocket science there....  who woulda guessed that a 3 foot long low capacity shotgun is not as often used in drive-bys, gangsta action, stick-em-ups, and other crime?   And if the idiots doing these violent but generally low-paying, high risk crimes could afford an AR, they would not be doing this type of crime...

Edited by Jonnin
  • Moderators

Popular among handgun-owners, pistols are defined by their built-in barrel and short stock.

I had to re-read the very fist sentence several times before I realized that I did not read it incorrectly.

I had low expectations, but this "article" broke all expectations and was unbelievable.

• Like 1

I laughed. I cried.

I laughed at the lack of knowledge and ability on the part of the writer.

I cry at the thoughts that this rag is considered worthy of being called journalism.

I cry more that so many will read this and take it as reality and fact.

• Like 1

From the Shotgun page:

Additionally, the explosive that creates the energy to fire the gun occurs in the fixed shell of a shotgun rather than the metallic cartridge of a rifle.

What difference does plastic vs. metal make in either lethality or ilegal gun violence?

And WTH did they do to the barrel of that AR-15?

Edited by monkeylizard

Pistols are popular among handgun owners. Looks like David needs to reconfigure the forum layout a bit... 

Handguns

-pistols

-not pistols

Rifles

-musket ball manufacturing issues

Shotguns

-Fixed Shells

-Rotating barrels

-Non rotating barrels

Der(r)ingers

-Death Incarnate

• Like 2