TWD Season 5

And one thing that just keeps bugging me, totally interferes with the pleasure of suspension of disbelief:

the fact that Zed skulls are like cantaloupes. Just no prob plunging any ole blade in them, or whacking them in half with a puny backhand machete swing, or splattering them into a red mist with most any impact more than a gentle tap.

- OS

If you want a pseudoscientific explanation:  Certain real medical conditions can cause bone to be soft--necrosis (from infection), osteoporosis, or osteosarcoma.  Therefore the idea that bone can soften is a real thing, in certain situations.  

Perhaps the biological process that results in reanimation leads to either (1) necrosis of the skull (since it is presumed to be an infection) or (2) calcium leaching from the bones (and starts at the skull since long bones are used for locomotion) because calcium is needed for muscle movement.  Either one could explain skulls softer than a living human.

The amount of commercials AMC shows is obscene.

As mentioned a few pages ago it got me thinking. I did a non scientific timing of the commercials and I got 26 minutes and 15 seconds.

What was written on the side vehicle towards the end, something about wolves?

Edited by buck1032

As mentioned a few pages ago it got me thinking. I did a non scientific timing of the commercials and I got 26 minutes and 15 seconds.

What was written on the side vehicle towards the end, something about wolves?

Wolves not far I believe. Probably another warning like the note they found in the car.
  • Like 2

This season redeemed the show for me. Last few were a touch boring.

WHOA!!! Best episode of the season. Best of the last several seasons for me.

Lots of things to comment on, but in a nutshell...Glenn's condition?, more walkers in the compound?, Nicholas needs to go, priest needs to go, and of course...

Morgan is British!!! LOL Best line on TTD tonight.

Later guys. Edited by hipower
  • Like 3

If you want a pseudoscientific explanation:  Certain real medical conditions can cause bone to be soft--necrosis (from infection), osteoporosis, or osteosarcoma.  Therefore the idea that bone can soften is a real thing, in certain situations.  

Perhaps the biological process that results in reanimation leads to either (1) necrosis of the skull (since it is presumed to be an infection) or (2) calcium leaching from the bones (and starts at the skull since long bones are used for locomotion) because calcium is needed for muscle movement.  Either one could explain skulls softer than a living human.

Then they should mention it somewhere along the line. Like, "geez, their skulls aren't nearly as hard as they used to be, must have something to do with the zombie process". Just like, "geez, why don't they rot away, I mean no circulation, hell they don't even breathe, guess the virus doesn't something to retard it." Or let Eugene pontificate from some store of physiological trivia as to something like your possibility, whatever. 

Just saying that for best suspension of disbelief, there have to be "rules", however absurd to compared to reality,  they need to make sense compared to how they differ from reality. You can get away with almost anything for a two hour movie without the "rules", but eventually the fantasy becomes too evident without them when the rules get more lax without explanation.

Hell, now Aaron just sliced one in half with a frigging license plate, for c'sakes.  If the skulls get any softer, a stiff middle finger will suffice.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Right, but he and I both wanna know why it sounded like a v twin?

Btw, I misread his statement the first time too.

Ahh. Someone else said that around me. I didn't notice it sounding twin like. Sounded more like an 80's Kawasaki or Honda I thought.

Then they should mention it somewhere along the line. Like, "geez, their skulls aren't nearly as hard as they used to be, must have something to do with the zombie process". Just like, "geez, why don't they rot away, I mean no circulation, hell they don't even breathe, guess the virus doesn't something to retard it." Or let Eugene pontificate from some store of physiological trivia as to something like your possibility, whatever. 

Just saying that for best suspension of disbelief, there have to be "rules", however absurd to compared to reality,  they need to make sense compared to how they differ from reality. You can get away with almost anything for a two hour movie without the "rules", but eventually the fantasy becomes too evident without them when the rules get more lax without explanation.

Hell, now Aaron just sliced one in half with a frigging license plate, for c'sakes.  If the skulls get any softer, a stiff middle finger will suffice.

- OS

I noticed that last night as well, the license plate and then the chain taking three in one swing.  I commented that it was too comic book like.  I also wonder about the strength of some of them, how can they generate so much strength  at one point and then be held up by a simple door or window.  While this is surely just Hollywood, it would be nice for some consistency or at least a semi-plausible explanation of the phenomena that is the zombie horde.  Maybe that is what the new series is supposed to do.   

Aaron dropped his bag when the walker grabbed it, I think.

Yep. I went back and re-watched the scene. Right after Darryl goes all Ghost Rider with the chain, Aaron climbs out from under the trailer. The zed grabs him by the backpack, Darryl saves him, and they run off without the backpack.

Not sure why he'd have those photos in his bag though. ISTM that you'd only take essentials in that small of a bag for a multi-day outing.

Edited by monkeylizard

And, really.... Daryl and Aaron getting out of the car that was totally surrounded by zeds and making it to safety without a single bite or scratch? I know Morgan came to the rescue, but he could only handle Aaron's side and Daryl had to fight his way out by himself. 

I'm calling BS on that one.  :rofl:

• Like 3

Yep. I went back and re-watched the scene. Right after Darryl goes all Ghost Rider with the chain, Aaron climbs out from under the trailer. The zed grabs him by the backpack, Darryl saves him, and they run off without the backpack.

Not sure why he'd have those photos in his bag though. ISTM that you'd only take essentials in that small of a bag for a multi-day outing.

He carries those photos to show new recruits the settlement.  Just like he showed Rick and his crew when recruiting them.  

And, really.... Daryl and Aaron getting out of the car that was totally surrounded by zeds and making it to safety without a single bite or scratch? I know Morgan came to the rescue, but he could only handle Aaron's side and Daryl had to fight his way out by himself. 

I'm calling BS on that one.  :rofl:

Didn't Daryl get out on Aaron's side?  I don't remember.

He carries those photos to show new recruits the settlement. Just like he showed Rick and his crew when recruiting them.

Didn't Daryl get out on Aaron's side? I don't remember.

And with those photos... Wolves meet Alexandria.

I just went back and watched, Daryl followed Aaron out the passenger side. Edited by Wingshooter

Great episode all round. I have to say it was the best season so far. 

Now at the end, did Rick shoot mr rogers or the wife beater?

That's a question I have, too. Who did he put down? It looked like he turned toward Pete, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put suffering Reg out of his misery.

Great episode all round. I have to say it was the best season so far. 

Now at the end, did Rick shoot mr rogers or the wife beater?

Though it didn't show it he probably shot or shot at the wife beater since it did not show him pivot away.  And I am not sure how the Mrs. would handle it if he shot her husband on her lap. 

Though it didn't show it he probably shot or shot at the wife beater since it did not show him pivot away.  And I am not sure how the Mrs. would handle it if he shot her husband on her lap. 

She won't be too upset.  IF at all.  

Remember, he asked her if she wanted him to "get involved" so to speak.  She said YES.  She may be dumb for staying with an abusive man but she ain't stupid....she knows what Rick intended to do.  I figure by mid season Carl will be greeting his new step mom and step brother.  

If the ole' gal is smart, she'll take good care of Rick because that woman has GOT TO KNOW, she has a sissy mary pansy for a son.  Rick and Carl can take care of that.  Carl would be an AWESOME big brother and teach that boy.  Rick can see to it that little lad's nuts finally descend and his spine straightens up.