Ferguson, MO, What would you do if this happened near you

runco

Hypothetical, What Would You Do in a Situation Like Ferguson  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if lived in a area like Ferguson, MO, and riots broke out and continued for days?

• Hunker down, stand your ground, AR by your side, and break out the MRE
    • Finally, grab the infamous BOB and get out of Dodge?
    • Do nothing!
    • Organize your neighborhood stand your ground force

That could be a problem with all the window glass on the square. The various business owners might want to have an HCP holder in their buildings that evening just in case. If you bring an umbrella to work, it doesn't rain. . . .

• Like 1

That could be a problem with all the window glass on the square. The various business owners might want to have an HCP holder in their buildings that evening just in case. If you bring an umbrella to work, it doesn't rain. . . .

I agree, I'm going to try to think positive thoughts. <crossing fingers>

Last night MSNBC showed peaceful protesters while the other side of town busted nuts. The store owners are mad screaming "Where were the police?" because they stood there and didn't intervene. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The peaceful protesters and citizens not involved in this are paying a big price for the ones who act like the trash they are. There are a lot of black people in that community speaking out and are mad as hell, they understand these people are destroying the neighborhood they have to continue living in after this is over. I'm sick of hearing about it but not near as much as the locals there are. Hope citizens of TN act with more tact tonight. I'm sure obama is drooling with images of Martial Law in the bubble cloud over his head. 

• Like 3
I live out in the country on a dead end road and my driveway is a 1/4 mile long so I don't see this scenario happening where I live but you never know. Most of my neighbors own firearms and know how to use them. We could easily block the road at a few choke points along the way and it would be very hard to get through even on foot due to the surrounding terrain. Steep hills, downed trees, etc.

Probably do what we normally do around the house when not working. Make some coffee, cut firewood, target practice outside off the deck, clean the guns, lather, rinse, repeat. Just another day.

I voted for option 1 and 4. Edited by McGarrett

Id just walk down to the lake and go fishing I guess. Really don't have those problems here. I have a store downtown, but it's insured. Besides I don't think there is much of a looters market on flow meters, lol.

that's a mighty purty chair on wheels you got there....just saying....

Political Correctness started it decades ago. Like Barney said, "Nip it in the bud". If the race baiters and the "media with an agenda", would stay out of it, and let all of the true facts come forward, we wouldn't have this kind of "lawlessness". As for the "looters", I believe they are opportunistic thugs out for free stuff, and to further the agenda of "crime pays and reinforces the lame excuse to steal another's property".

I applaud the business owners that are taking steps to "protect" their property. When those that are supposed to protect the citizens can't, or won't, it leaves the citizens to fall back on the "Second Amendment" to protect themselves... just what our framers had in mind with the "Second Amendment".

Al Sharpton needs to be in prison for inciting a riot...just like anyone else that would stoop to such a dastardly act. We all want justice done...once all of the true facts are known. But, this "conviction by mob and media" has to stop. Politicizing a tragedy is despicable, and un-American IMHO. We have enough enemies that want to see the demise of our Nation, without dividing and fighting among ourselves. Ask yourselves one question...would all of this be going on if the young man had been white!

With all of this rambling said...I'll do whatever it takes to protect my person and my property...including executing my Second Amendment rights...which is "still" lawful.

• Like 4

Looks like they are at it again in MO, but this got me to think what would I do.  If this truly happened in my area, hunker down, breakout the AR and ride it out while eating my MRE, or is this a qualifying event to grab the BOB and get out of Dodge?  Or just do nothing.  What would you do?  

Hey this is my first TGO poll.  Pretty cool! 

ferguson_zps5cde7f57.jpg

Looks like a bunch of them are under nourished...they are so skinny their pants seem to be falling down! A lawful protest is appropriate, this is an unlawful mob riot, and should be treated as such. Stop it before it metastasizes like ISIS!

• Like 1

I'm down on the square now and it's quiet as any other night.

There are a few "protesters" gathered, but they seem to be waiting for more to show up. There are far more curious white people sitting around. I also saw a big muddy pick-up dtiving around with a large Georgia(?) flag (still has stars and bars) driving around, but only for one pass.

I bought a nice Macanudo to smoke while I watch if things get interesting. Edited by btq96r

It seems like if the police shot just one tear gas container into that store, no one would want to loot it.  I'm not sure how long it would take for the gas to dissipate and allow the owner back in.  If I was the owner, I would let the cops do it rather than see all my stuff stolen.

[quote name="jacob" post="1180383" timestamp="1408236734"][url="http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/08/15/exceptional-catch-the-jj-witness-video-eye-witness-audio-of-mike-brown-shooting-sharing-brown-doubled-back-toward-police/"]http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/08/15/exceptional-catch-the-jj-witness-video-eye-witness-audio-of-mike-brown-shooting-sharing-brown-doubled-back-toward-police/[/url]Just found this online...The audio in question is about 5mins or so into the video...you have to listen closely under the person actually recording the video, but it is clearly audible...[/quote] Seems as though he inadvertently just backed up the police statement
I have a feeling it won't matter to some people regardless of whether or not that link is true...Some people just want to hate for the simple fact it justifies their actions.....it is definitely a sticky situation. ..

I'm down on the square now and it's quiet as any other night.

There are a few "protesters" gathered, but they seem to be waiting for more to show up. There are far more curious white people sitting around. I also saw a big muddy pick-up dtiving around with a large Georgia(?) flag (still has stars and bars) driving around, but only for one pass.

I bought a nice Macanudo to smoke while I watch if things get interesting.

That is what I figured would happen, 30 or so " protestors " show up and mill around. I went to the river and fished so i guess I missed all the excitement. I will admit the AK was ready to rock and roll if needed. 

That is what I figured would happen, 30 or so " protestors " show up and mill around. I went to the river and fished so i guess I missed all the excitement. I will admit the AK was ready to rock and roll if needed. 

It wasn't even 30 people, half that at best, and some children among them with (presumably) their parents.  Between the cops I saw stationary and those doing orbits of the area in their cruisers, they probably had had a 1-1 ratio to all the adult demonstrators.

They stepped off around 6:45pm and I lost sight of them as I had ordered food at a local restaurant that I was still eating.  Once I finished and paid my check, I tried to find them, but couldn't and went home.

Seems the revolution didn't come to Murfreesboro today.  Oh well.

• Like 4