So how about those Titans.....

• Administrator

Hey, with another crappy season we get another good pick. I think Mariota will be fine running the show. The Titans still need a solid running back plus secondary help. It's going to be a few years before we see the team blossom. 

What the Titans need is a winning coaching staff.  They don't have it.

• Like 3

What the Titans need is a winning coaching staff.  They don't have it.

I'm don't think Whisenhunt is the coach we need, but if we can keep winning on draft day, we'll eventually win on Sunday, with or without Whiz.  Hell, he got Arizona to a Superbowl with a geriatric quarterback.  

Titans need a few things from what I saw when I was at the game Sunday.

1.) WR's who dont drop passes. I saw WAY too many dropped passes in the beginning of the game and one ended up being a pick 6.

2.) RB that can run north and south even with a bad offensive line. Titans do no have a single RB that is worth a damn...I know this because Wright had the MOST rushing yards in the first half of the game and he's a WR. Pierre Thomas, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Steven Jackson are all available right now in free agency...just sayin.

3.) Set the edge...they cannot and have not set the edge all year long against an opposing RB. Gore practically carried the Colts down the field the entire day.

I like the head coach tho...I think he can do good things in Nashville BUT some changes obviously need to be made.

Edited by tennesseetiger

1.) WR's who dont drop passes. I saw WAY too many dropped passes in the beginning of the game and one ended up being a pick 6.

If you are talking about the Delanie Walker interception, he's a TE and he had the ball popped out by a defenders helmet. I will not fault him for that one.

But in general, yes. Too many dropped passes all around. Hunter shows signs of greatness and immediately follows that with drops that should be easy catches. Wright is trying to do much lately and has started running backwards.
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, and get some defense. We can build around Marcus, just gonna take some time and wisdom, which I don't know if the staff has.

And a run game. And an o line.

But in all honesty, change is gonna have to come from the top. And that means blow up the entire management and coaching staff and start anew. That's just my opinion though. And if it was worth anything, I'd probably be working for a team right now.

In the next 8 weeks, the Titans only have 2 opponents that have a winning record (Atlanta & Carolina)

Titans host Miami next week so should be a win.  I think Miami's defense is ranked 30th (?) But, hey... ya never know (any given Sunday :shake: )

In the next 8 weeks, the Titans only have 2 opponents that have a winning record (Atlanta & Carolina)

Titans host Miami next week so should be a win.  I think Miami's defense is ranked 30th (?) But, hey... ya never know (any given Sunday :shake: )

I really had forgotten the game today. So the usual outcome. Man this is so sad.

I don't see anything past three more wins on the Titans schedule.  Miami is next week, and they're a mess, but they are coming off the bye with a lot to prove, so it's no gimmie.  They might take one each from Jacksonville and Houston...but that's it.  Everybody else is playing better than the Titans. 

If the Titans are picking past the top 5 in the 2016 draft, it's because they traded down for some reason.  Marcus is a good start to rebuilding, but the o-line is still sub par for the NFL...which is also why the run game is lacking.  That should be the focus for the next draft.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Titans fired Ken Wizenhunt today.  Can't say it wasn't undeserved.  Question is who will be available after the season that can actually fix the mess that is the Titans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14042981/ken-whisenhunt-fired-coach-tennessee-titans

Trade first round draft pick for Chip Kelly.  Mariota is the future, we should just let him pick who he wants.  

Titans fired Ken Wizenhunt today.  Can't say it wasn't undeserved.  Question is who will be available after the season that can actually fix the mess that is the Titans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14042981/ken-whisenhunt-fired-coach-tennessee-titans

I don't think Gruden will leave MNF, but I would love to see him coach here.  I just like his style.  Also wonder if there may be a play for Chip Kelly since things aren't great in Philly.  Not sure it would work here, but with their history, it could be interesting.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

I don't think Gruden will leave MNF, but I would love to see him coach here.  I just like his style.  Also wonder if there may be a play for Chip Kelly since things aren't great in Philly.  Not sure it would work here, but with their history, it could be interesting.

If this estimate is remotely close, than Gruden will be on MNF until they kick him off the air.  I'm skiddish on Chip Kelly.  Part of me thinks his college game hijinks are just falling flat in the NFL.

Hue Jackson should get a good look.  He's the Cincinnati offensive coordinator who took over after Jay Gruden left to take over Washington, and the Bengals offense has actually got a bit better since then.  He did an okay job with the Oakland Raiders going 8-8, and I think it's fair to say he didn't have much to work with there.

Hey! I'm not the only Saints fan on here after all :cool:

Titans need to change ownership...its finally time for that and they need to rebuild from there.

Maybe we should "offer" Rob Ryan to be the Titans new head coach. I'm sure he'd love the opportunity. :P
  • Like 1