Welp...It is now here folks...ebola

Someotherguy

I'm selling a Ebola vaccine shot.it comes w a free plane ticket to Zimbabwe.
May cause cancer, roids,scabies, limp penile disorder, diarrhea, vomiting, and cause a physical likeness to Diane Feinstein and Janet Reno. Talk to your doctor or gunsmith before using.

I love it. The whole media blow up. "OMG EBOLA". Its not that big of a deal. In fact, it might get worse from people always using hand sanitizers. I bet most of our immune system is shot to hell. And yes, there is a difference between clean and over the top. But hey, no one lives for ever. And if I am going to die, im going out kicking and screaming while covered in someone elses blood. 

If you get ebola, you will go out covered in your own blood.

• Like 4

Take I - the health care professionals

Take II -  the patients - http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patients-texas-contacts-zoom-80-authorities/story?id=25912405

(why quarantine will not work at-scale)

Ya know, I've been reading today about his people being quarantined in Dallas and am afraid what I've always known will come to pass.

These people or the ACLU or someone is going to sue over it.  They will win and any common-sense measures to control illness of any kind in the future will be not even be considered because it might inconvenience a few people.

Further proof we are doomed as a nation and a species in general.

This ebola scare is way, way overblown.  It's just the media hyping the crisis-du-jour. It's not airborne. You have a greater risk of being killed by an escaped zoo animal than contracting ebola.

I do hope you're right about it not being airborne. But there is some concern and conflicting information on that.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2014/09/commentary-health-workers-need-optimal-respiratory-protection-ebola

I get CDC updates...they come pretty much daily right now. The CDC...besides the usual stupid crap they recommend... say that we need to be at least 3 feet away for infected patients...kinda hard to do when you initially triaging them, obtaining vital sign, blood work etc.

If you dig back through several links in a CDC update you may run across "environmental cleansing". Currently the CDC is saying the Ebola virus may  live on a surface up to 6 days. That's pretty darned remarkable.

I am not an "Ebola-phobe", but the conflicting data is out there. I'm also concerned about the entrovirus that's spreading through the kids...

It may truthfully be some time before we actually know what we're up against folks.

Good luck with that whole quarantine thing. The Nanny State coupled with the "gimme's"...what a combo. :cool:

:2cents:

• Like 1

If you dig back through several links in a CDC update you may run across "environmental cleansing". Currently the CDC is saying the Ebola virus may  live on a surface up to 6 days. That's pretty darned remarkable.

That's no bueno if true

I wish I could post a link Sam...

It's a PIA just to get logged in and they flipping e-mail this info...

I won't poke that bear with a sharp stick . Gotta work, you know? But there was only one study listed regarding persistence in indoor environments...I sure more info will surface.

I am not being alarmist...but I think everyone here knows only too well not to believe everything to hear-see-read, esp from .gov. Heck...no need to believe me either, but just do a bit of research on it my friend.

I wish I could post a link Sam...

It's a PIA just to get logged in and they flipping e-mail this info...

I won't poke that bear with a sharp stick . Gotta work, you know? But there was only one study listed regarding persistence in indoor environments...I sure more info will surface.

I am not being alarmist...but I think everyone here knows only too well not to believe everything to hear-see-read, esp from .gov. Heck...no need to believe me either, but just do a bit of research on it my friend.

I looked it up and apparently they said it can also live in semen for up to 82 days even after the person has survived.  The 6-7 day thing appears to be in blood only, they said it lives for a few hours in other fluids on surfaces.

Also they say it's not airborne, but if someone sneezes on you the viola you're done for.  If that's the case they should be able to spread it by coughing and breathing if you're close... which pretty much means it's fucking airborne.

• Like 2

I read that washing with regular soap and water was better than the anti-bacterial soap. I thing self quarantine the best, stay to yourself, no handshaking, stay only close enough you can hear me Yell to stay back!! These are some crazy times we are living in. Sort of like it says in Revelation.

• Like 3

Also they say it's not airborne, but if someone sneezes on you the viola you're done for.  If that's the case they should be able to spread it by coughing and breathing if you're close... which pretty much means it's ####ing airborne.

My thoughts exactly. If I'm not mistaken, that's the same way someone can catch the cold or flu.

My thoughts exactly. If I'm not mistaken, that's the same way someone can catch the cold or flu.

I wonder what impact this will have since we'll soon be entering cold & flu season? They just announced on the news tonight that over 100 people are being "monitored" because of contact with the ebola patient & his family. Of course I don't expect this to have the same widespread negative impact as HIV/AIDS, but it could cost lives or make a lot of people very sick if it's not taken more seriously than the CDC & govt. are now. Take steps to stop it now before it spreads across the U.S. & our schools, etc...

• Like 1
There's so many conflicting opinions, thoughts, reports, and actions regarding this that I'm starting to believe there isn't anyone that knows jack shit about it or how it is spread. But there sure does seem to be an awful lot of "experts" willing to state their expertness and prevent panic.
Whatever. I'll just continue my practice of avoiding: travel, Africans, getting other peoples saliva, mucous or God forbid blood or semen on me, touching stuff, and believing the govt or media.
So basically I'll just continue my everyday ocd, germaphobic, skeptical behavior.
  • Like 5