Rant - so frustrated w/ Titans...

Peace

... and it's not even about winning or loosing.

Being a Titans QB this year has to be one of the most dangerous jobs in the lower 48.

I really feel for Locker - I believe he could've had a very successful career with another team who could protect him.

this year is likely to be the end of his career.

shoot. darn, heck-fire.

Edited by Peace
  • Like 2
  • Administrator

Have you seen this?

http://fox17.com/news/features/featured/stories/report-peyton-manning-could-buy-tennessee-titans-2015-3868.shtml

Honestly, I have never wanted to like Peyton Manning because of the savior-image Vols fans have always projected on him.  I moved to Tennessee in the height of Manning Fever and for some reason it just soured me.  That said, you can't deny that the guy knows how to play the game and he's really matured as an NFL quarterback since leaving Indianapolis.  I always liked to joke that his favorite position was the Fetal Position when he played for the Colts, because as soon as the defensive line crumbled he was quick to curl up rather than take a hit.

But, this might be the thing that fixes the Titans.  They do need a good house-cleaning from top to bottom and Peyton is a competitive player and savvy businessman.  I think it will take him or someone like him to straighten the franchise out.

The way it is right now, I'd be surprised if very many people keep their season tickets for 2015.  The current Titans suck.

• Like 2

I had heard it somewhere else today....  I am curious about the differentiation between speculation and chatter.  If Haslam could unload the Browns and team up with Peyton @ the Titans, it would be a powerful combo.  It would also crystalize much of the Titans fans behind a Hall of Fame (future) football legend.

My concern as voiced last week remains... that the Titans would be an attractive purchase for relocation to a larger market.

~$2Billion !?!?   sheesh... I was thinking 1.2-1.4 in this market....  unless it becomes an "emotional purchase" -ala LA Clippers.

Edited by Peace

Have you seen this?

http://fox17.com/news/features/featured/stories/report-peyton-manning-could-buy-tennessee-titans-2015-3868.shtml

Honestly, I have never wanted to like Peyton Manning because of the savior-image Vols fans have always projected on him.  I moved to Tennessee in the height of Manning Fever and for some reason it just soured me.  That said, you can't deny that the guy knows how to play the game and he's really matured as an NFL quarterback since leaving Indianapolis.  I always liked to joke that his favorite position was the Fetal Position when he played for the Colts, because as soon as the defensive line crumbled he was quick to curl up rather than take a hit.

But, this might be the thing that fixes the Titans.  They do need a good house-cleaning from top to bottom and Peyton is a competitive player and savvy businessman.  I think it will take him or someone like him to straighten the franchise out.

The way it is right now, I'd be surprised if very many people keep their season tickets for 2015.  The current Titans suck.

Wow. He could already be elected governor of Tennessee, this would only make him, even more, the most loved son of Tennessee, born here or not. I doubt anyone thinks I am joking.

I know misery!! Saints are my NFC team and Jets are my AFC team (Yes, I can like 2 teams!) I remember the "Aints" with the brown bags over the head and I remember the Jets under possibly the worst coach in the history of NFL, Rich Kotite.  I am used to torture  :pleased:

• Like 1

If Peyton buys in to a team, I think he has to retire.  I think that is some rule about players owning teams.  If this happens though, I will become a better Titans fan.  They continue to frustrate the hell out of me.  As for Locker, I think he needs to consider retiring.  This game is not good for him.  Also think the Titans need to seriously look at a new QB as their first drafdt choice.  Then use the rest of their picks to get an offensive line.

• Like 1
Don't bother me they're terrible. It actually makes Sunday peaceful bc I either hunt or do whatever with not even a thought about missing the game. It's reminiscent of Sunday afternoons in 1997 and before, and quite pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way it is right now, I'd be surprised if very many people keep their season tickets for 2015. The current Titans suck.

I know my in-laws have already said this year is their last. They have 4 prime seats that they have had since the very first year the Titans came to Tennessee.

Funny thing about it? They don't go to the games, they'd rather watch from home. They either give them to us or other family members or they sell them. So I don't think they're connected to them at all now the way things are going.

I know misery!! Saints are my NFC team and Jets are my AFC team (Yes, I can like 2 teams!) I remember the "Aints" with the brown bags over the head and I remember the Jets under possibly the worst coach in the history of NFL, Rich Kotite.  I am used to torture  :pleased:

Nope,  both of them have won the super bowl

I hope before I die I get to experience that once.

• Like 2

I have not really watched much football except Sunday programming sucks and football is the best alternative. Someone mention Peyton Manning maturing when he went to Bronco's. He matured mostly for a couple reasons IMHO. First was Peyton was running the Colts and Tony Bungee was a joke for a coach. Peyton did take a pounding while with the Colts but he did get a Super Bowl ring. Difference when he went to Bronco's where he probably thought he would be in control he learned different pretty fast after his talk with John Elway. John set him straight right quick on who runs the team and it would not be Peyton. The only reason Peyton is still with the Bronco's after his neck injury and sitting out a year is John Elway giving him the chance to come back. I  figure credit needs to go where it's do. Yes, Peyton was a really good quarterback with out a doubt, but John Elway getting the right people brought to Denver to protect on Offensive line made Peyton a great quarterback..................jmho 

From the article:

The Titans have been searching for answers to engage a fan base which has dulled following multiple changes since the passing of Bud Adams.

It should read:

The Titans have been searching for answers to engage a fan base which has dulled following multiple changes since Bud Adams pissed away the franchise on Vince "I sprained my vagina" Young.

From the article:

It should read:

The Titans have been searching for answers to engage a fan base which has dulled following multiple changes since Bud Adams pissed away the franchise on Vince "I sprained my vagina" Young.

That's so cold buddy!  LOL  But also all so true.

Young was a bad choice. No question about it.

Would Manning as an owner spark interest here. Sure. With his money and name, the Haslam money and power. It really might give Titans fans the first real football team since 1911.

As far as relocation, I'd hate to see it happen, but in this world of sports fan-atics; I'd never count it out.

Edited by hipower

Actually at this point i'll cheer for them to loose out the rest of the season just to get a top draft pic and be forced to make some radical changes. Whatever they do certainly wont hurt them any, I do want to keep Nate Washington and a few others although I don't know how much football Washington has left in him.

• Like 1

Nate probably has at least 2 - 3 years in him if he wants them. Maybe more. WRs can have a 15+ year career. He's wrapping up year 10. The receiving corps is not too bad with Washington & Wright plus Walker at TE. To get a good QB, they need to fix the O-line to give the passer some protection. Picking up a 1,000 yard RB (or at least >750) to take some pressure off the pass rush would be great too, but you don't have to have that (look at New England). Sankey and Greene aren't it. Maybe Sankey could be with a better O-line to make some holes, but we'll never know...

• Like 1