Anyone else had the stomach flu for Christmas?

TGO David

One of my cousins in Nashville came down with the flu on the 26th.  Sounds like it is hitting Nashville, might need to get my butt back on the "right" side of the state ASAP! 

Its all over the southeast right now...I know people in Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia who have it or have had it in the past 2-3 weeks.

David, both of my in laws had the SAME EXACT thing over the last couple of weeks. My FIL got it about a week before Christmas so he was well enough to attend our family Christmas on Christmas day. However my MIL got it from him about two days before Christmas so she stayed in the house by herself unfortunately. Thats no way to spend Christmas I know but it was for the best. They both said the same thing, coming out of both ends and it lasted about 4-5 days. My FIL said it was the sickest he had been in along time. I hope you quarantined yourself in your house with a can of lysol spray! Here's to hoping none of your family gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Unfortunately we had a house full of family visiting for Christmas when I came down with the symptoms, so I fear we've done nothing more than send it wider out into the populace.  My eldest daughter, away at college, posted on Facebook last night that she now has the stomach virus... and said she's never visting us at home during the holidays ever again.   :lol:

I feel bad for her.  Today is Day #6 and while I only had the urge to call for a new Buick (e.g. Buiiiiiickkkkkkkkkkkkkk) on the first day and not since, the other problem continues to come and go.  The only thing that's kept the other problem manageable is a prescription medication.  All of the over the counter meds like lomotil and Imodium were completely ineffective.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

I have not had any stomach bugs but have been living in a virtual tuberculosis ward for the last 4 days. I've never heard so much coughing and hacking. It'll be a miracle if I avoid this walking death

Maybe when we meet up soon we should just wave at each other from inside our respective vehicles.  :lol:

• Like 1
The other day and for a couple days, I felt fatigued and had a headache. Throat felt funny and coughed some through the night. Tiny bit of sinus, but it went away. I think I might have eaten enough garlic that my body fought off the crud this year. :D

Maybe when we meet up soon we should just wave at each other from inside our respective vehicles.   :lol:

Better than the government's suggestion from 2009.  They said we needed to cough into our elbows because we touch everything with our hands... But then immediately showed two people bumping elbows as a greeting instead of shaking hands 

We're all on tamiflu here. Kids are coughing and hacking, I think we caught it early enough that hopefully I won't get too much worse. Hard to sleep with sickly 3yo, 2yo, and 8 week old I know that. My wife's wore out and she's sick too. She and I have it pretty mild right now. Poor baby can't take nothing other than milking. Mama did stash a little colostrum away in the freezer so lil bit got a dose of that.

Least I ain't "multi-tasking." Last time I had that I told my wife I was just gonna sit in the bath tub with the shower running and let it ride and we'd just bleach it out afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by JWC
  • Like 1
I have had some kind of infection for 4 days now....phlegm, snot, sore throat...but no fever...started feeling a little better as today progressed, but it always gets bad again around bedtime and overnight...guess we will see what happens tonight...havent been to the doc yet....wanted to wait till i had to satisfy my deductible beginning january....

My wife is a RN in the ER at Skyridge hospital in Cleveland. Hospital is full, usually 8-10 holds in the ER waiting for an open bed upstairs, 10-20 waiting to get back to see a doc. Mostly because of the flu. And guess what sports fans, all they can do is give you IV fluids and a prescription for Tamiflu. There isn't a cure for the flu except time. If you catch the flu in the first 4 days it may take an average of 1.33 days off the symptoms. If you get it, go home, go to bed, and decide which end you're going to put on the toilet first.