Prayers needed for my daddy.

Coming right up. I hope you guys are able to have a good open conversation with a satisfying resolution for you both. Spiritual matters are tough to talk about sometimes but even when to loved ones disagree it's almost always worth the talk at least. Also maintain your faith in a positive outcome, like Hipower said, things aren't always as bad as they seem and there is still hope.
  • Like 2

You, your dad, and your family are in my thoughts.  I am not a religious person personally, but my parents are.  We have open and frank conversations about it quite frequently.  While we may not agree with each other on that aspect of life, it has no bearing on our love for each other, and I am sure it is the same for you.  Have the conversation so that at least you know you did what you thought was right.  I am sure your dad will appreciate the fact you are concerned at that level, even if he doesn't necessarily align with it. 

Enjoy your time here with each other and get as much of it as you can.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Prayers for him and for you and the rest of the family.

My father had the same diagnosis in 1977, had a lung removed, and lived until 1991. And I am a cancer survivor myself.

It is not automatically a death sentence any longer. Have faith and pray.

Yeah that's the difficult thing; to not automatically think it as a death sentence. The numbers you read online will scare the crap out of you but prayer is a powerful thing. Whether it's healed or not I do know it's for a reason.

I hope you and your Dad ask God, "what are you trying to teach us / reveal to us," as opposed to, "why are you doing this to us."

I pray He showers you and your family with Hispeace, grace, mercy and understanding; that He touches your hearts and minds so you may better know him, the spirit and his Son
  • Like 1

This is a hard time in your life and I hope you have someone close family or friends you can lean to in such a sad time.  Prayers I do best....not good at other things.  I was raised in a Christain family and it does help to have support in this part of your life. I would hope you know of someone in the church who you could talk and be at your Fathers side. 

• Like 1

praying for you and your dad,  it is said that we cannot earn salvation, that we are saved by Gods grace all you have to do is admit that you are sinner, as we all sine one way or another.  You have to believe that Christ died on the cross for our sins and ask for his forgiveness, God knows what is in your and your fathers heart.  Ask your dad to say the following prayer to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour.  Say it out load together,  Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask you for forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead.  I will trust and follow you all the days of my life as my Lord and Savior.  Guide my life and help me to do your will.  and I just ask that you fill me with the holy spirt,  in Juses name I pray.  Say this prayer with him say it out loud let your emotions guid you during this process.

God Bless and prayers coming your way.

Edited by Ron Padilla
  • Like 2
Prayers for your father's recovery and for your entire family. A good friend was diagnosed with stage four throat cancer five years ago. He is in full remission now so such things can be beaten. Sincerely praying that all this works out for you.
  • Like 1

Guys I am extremely grateful and moved by all the support and prayers. I would ask that you continue to keep him/us in your prayers. I just got a call from my sister and it's not good news. He has a tumor on his esophagus and a few spots on both lungs they are calling stage 4 adenocarcinoma. He will be going for a port tomorrow and starting chemo next week. If you feel led please add his name to your church prayer chains/groups. His name is Timmy Bolden.

I feel weird putting all of this online but I just wanted to share some good news with all of you and hopefully it offers some encouragement to someone else reading it. I was talking to daddy last night about coming to visit this weekend and the opportunity arose to ask about his salvation and THANK GOD he gave me the courage to just come out and ask him if he knew the Lord. He told me the date he was saved, the location and the preacher. Man that was good to hear and I feel like a tree trunk has been lifted off of my chest and heart. I still plan to go home this weekend so we will get to continue the conversation. He starts chemo today so he has a rough road ahead but in the grand scheme of things I hope he can remember where he is going after death regardless of the present outcome.

I won't drag this thread out any longer but one last time I just wanted to thank all of you guys for your support and prayers. It's really cool and not the norm to have a group of guys like this on an online forum.  :up:

• Like 7

Hey Maroon, this is Great news brother. I hope this talk with your dad will make it easier to ask another friend or relative if God gives you that opportunity. We will keep him in our prayers and we want to know his progress. The promise of Heaven is what makes this difficult life worth living. Hope you have a safe trip and a good visit with your family.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Just wanted to get back on here and thank all of you guys for your thoughts and prayers. My daddy passed away Wednesday October 14th after a hard fought battle with cancer. He was alert and not in much pain the weekend before and got to visit with alot of folks. It wore him out but I was very thankful that he got to say his goodbyes whether we knew they were goodbyes at the time or not. I believe he knew though. I am going to miss him but I rest easy knowing that he is with God now. He was a good man that would give you the shirt off his back and not expect anything in return. Thanks guys and gals.